Football Premier League 11 (Goalkeepers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I don't think Riena or cech would be the keeper for me as they seem to concede far too much in the air and from set pieces. Now some of that is due to poor marking from corners and free kicks, but as they keeper they should be organising better.

Still not sure if it would be VDS either, Howard for me has had an outstanding season, as did Friedel before villa's defence went to shit.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
And not shay given after the free kick he just let in, shocking.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Really though Turamber, you are getting old and tired with this constant grudge.

And I'm very tired of being jumped on by you. You may or may not have noticed that people are simply voting for their clubs players, Everz not withstanding.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Are they? Maybe you should take your hate shades off and re-read people's posts. Not everyone has voted for their teams keeper, and of course top 4 teams will make up a lot of this squad.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Are they? Maybe you should take your hate shades off and re-read people's posts. Not everyone has voted for their teams keeper, and of course top 4 teams will make up a lot of this squad.

if i went outside man utd for keeper i would go with friedel, but vds deserves it due to the league record :D

megadave

I am a FH squatter
And not shay given after the free kick he just let in, shocking.
How can you blame a keeper when there is a deflection like that? He would have saved it otherwise.

Also if anyone is going on cleansheets then Reina and VDS are currently equal :d

edit: infact the record seems a bit pointless since all the cleansheet games just happened to be in a row, he's still conceded the same amount of goals as normal :l

Lucius

Banned
Yashin
Santos Fachetti Baresi Maldini
Boniek Savicevic Valderrama Hagi
Krankl Kopa

Beat that please ^^.

georgie

FH is my second home
I got a lot of love for Jääskeläinen, very underrated. :)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
VDS to many mistakes from other keepers through out the season.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Reina, VDS was helped by a good defence, Reina has Dossena in front of him FFS ;)

Everz

FH is my second home
Reina, VDS was helped by a good defence, Reina has Dossena in front of him FFS ;)

I know your mentally challenged but Dossena has been a fringe/bench player most of the time, Reina has a solid block infront of him most the time, when called into action he makes to many mistakes to be classed as good, how he is Spain's number 2 ahead of Valdes is beyond me.

Lethul

FH is my second home
I know your mentally challenged but Dossena has been a fringe/bench player most of the time, Reina has a solid block infront of him most the time, when called into action he makes to many mistakes to be classed as good, how he is Spain's number 2 ahead of Valdes is beyond me.

You seen Valdes play? :O

Everz

FH is my second home
You can't have seen much of him then :) I'd say Valdes is by far the worst keeper in any of the top clubs.

He seems to make important saves when it counts. Something of which the king of mistakes Reina does not, example being the Arsenal match and Chelsea in CL.

Worst keeper at top club? I give you Almunia.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
So far :

Reina: 5 votes
VDS: 6 votes
Cech: 2 votes
Jaaskilinen: 2 votes

megadave

I am a FH squatter
unvote cech, vote reina.

feel bad voting for my own player, also i think reina has had a particuarly good season this year.

- English -

Resident Freddy
Taken from fantasy premier league football points total for keepers. Fulham keeper on highest points, they have the shittest defense compared to the others and you don't gain many points for saves. How are people ignoring him, hes had a fuckin ace season. People are too biased to big clubs (like refs)

name club cost points

Schwarzer FU 4.8 165
Cech CH 6.0 163
Reina LI 6.0 159
Howard EV 5.2 150
Van der Sar MU 6.2 145
Almunia AR 5.7 144
Green WH 4.6 143
Given MC 4.8 136
Sorensen ST 4.2 132
Jaaskelainen BW 4.5 132
Friedel AV 5.4 131
Gomes TH 5.1 128
James PO 5.4 123
Kirkland WI 4.3 116
Carson WB 4.4 110

megadave

I am a FH squatter
fantasy league points arent the best way of rating a player ;) actim index is probably better - http://www.premierleague.com/page/Top10Keepers/0,,12306,00.html

Here are proper stats though ;d

List of goalkeepers by saves made.

1. Scott Carson - 143
2. Jaaskaleinen - 131
3. Given - 127
4. Schwarzer -126 (14 cleansheets)
5. Green -125
6. James - 121
7. Freidel - 119
8. Gomes - 115
9. Howard- 108
10. Sorensen - 105
13. Cech - 83 (18 cleansheets)
16. Reina - 76 (19 cleansheets) Also has best pass rate
20. Van Der Sar - 65 (20 Cleansheets)

There's a lot more to goalkeeping though; aerial command, marshalling defence etc

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Thing with saves made - take Carson at west brom, he has made loads of saves, but he is so bad at organising his defence and his defence have so little faith in him. Look at the amount of goals he has conceded.

I agree Schwarzer has had a top season, but a better keeper than Reina, Cech or Van der Sar? No. Also think Gomez will turn into one of the top premier league keepers, he makes some amazing saves, he just needs to stop being so mental.

- English -

Resident Freddy
Thing with saves made - take Carson at west brom, he has made loads of saves, but he is so bad at organising his defence and his defence have so little faith in him. Look at the amount of goals he has conceded.

I agree Schwarzer has had a top season, but a better keeper than Reina, Cech or Van der Sar? No. Also think Gomez will turn into one of the top premier league keepers, he makes some amazing saves, he just needs to stop being so mental.

One of the reasons why VDS, Cech, Reina are so good is their defense. They have more clean sheets etc because their defense is much better

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yes but it is also their faith in their defence and visa versa, their communication and organisation of them.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Tie breaker - VDS and Reina each have 6 votes.

Some stunning saves by schwarzer and jusi this weekend, but they are out of the running now.

You have until midnight to vote for either vds or reina and break the tie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom