Football Premier League 11 (central midfielders)

soze

I am a FH squatter
vote Alonso and Fat Frank

Is that blinded mank Dori?

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Someone who is worth a mention outside of Lampard/Gerrard/Essien is in that case Alonso imho.

TBH I think Barry and Petrov are both better than Carrick and worth a mention. Heck even Fletcher has been better than Carrick this season. Although he is a player I would be happy to see at the Villa he is not the best central midfielder in the country, sorry.

Lucius

Banned
I am not a Manchester United fan. However, I am intelligent and talented at analysing football matches.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I think the problem here is that many people, like Vladamir, are either partial to their clubs (hence why he votes for Lampard)
But, like, your team so far is

VDS
o'shea vidic ferdinand evra
carrick essien

Bit hypocritical is it not? :/

Lucius

Banned
I do not support Manchester United. However, I am intelligent enough to deduce from the many games that I have watched that they have most of the best players. Read the post above you.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
bet his front 3 are ronaldo rooney and tevez/berba :p

what formation are we having though?!

Xythic

Fledgling Freddie
I do not support Manchester United. However, I am intelligent enough to deduce from the many games that I have watched that they have most of the best players. Read the post above you.
scum! man utd. is the besteriestest ;<

Lucius

Banned
bet his front 3 are ronaldo rooney and tevez/berba :p

what formation are we having though?!

No, it would be Ronaldo, Rooney and Torres. If that was an attempt to sound intelligent/funny then you have failed miserabely =).

megadave

I am a FH squatter
it wasn't, it was a jibe at you for voting for almost all players from your own team :p

Lucius

Banned
Reasons why Carrick is better than Lampard:

1. Carrick is a better passer of the ball.
  2. Carrick is better at tracking back.
  3. Carrick is better at tackling.
  4. Carrick has more awareness.
  5. Carrick has better vision.
  6. Carrick has played better for England.
  7. Carrick has won more titles than Lampard.
  8. Carrick is younger and already better than Lampard.
  9. Carrick has more agility.
  10. Carrick is better at shooting outside the box.
  11. Carrick has a better penalty:goal ratio.
  12. Carrick has a wider range of passing.
  13. Carrick has better acceleration.
  14. Carrick dominated Lampard in both games with Chelsea vs United.
  15. Carrick has a bigger tempermant for big games.
  16. Carrick speeds up the play better.
Lampard is world class, yes, but Carrick is better I think.

Lethul

FH is my second home

It sounds like Carrick is Alonso-lite :)

Xythic

Fledgling Freddie

idk with some of the above statements, lampard is indeed world class, but i think he's better at challenging his opponents, speeding up the game and/or create possible goal scoring oppotunities, he's not so much of an individualist but he has the necessary things it takes to create chances and turn the game around.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Megadave - 4-4-2.

I am about to do the threads for left and right midfield. However given the use of 4-3-3 /4-5-1 these days, I would say that you shouldn't only vote for traditional right or left midfielders. Use strikers if you want, hell I would even suggest not voting gerrard in central midfield and using him as one of the strikers.

Lethul

FH is my second home
They are similar players but Carrick is much, much better.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :lol:

megadave

I am a FH squatter

1. Carrick is a better passer of the ball. - No he isn't. Lampard can pass further and more accurately, stastics back this up.
  2. Carrick is better at tracking back. - Possible because Lampard is an attacker and has essien and mikel/ballack to do that. However he still gets back like yesterday when he made a super block on a shot that was on target.
  3. Carrick is better at tackling. - Lampard has won more tackles this season.
  4. Carrick has more awareness. - Lampard has more awareness :)p)
  5. Carrick has better vision. - Lampard has more vision ( actually hes created 4 times more goal chances than carrick so probably true)
  6. Carrick has played better for England. - England Player of the Year by fans in 2004 and 2005 says otherwise and Carrick has done absolutely nothing in the England squad, nobody has recently.
  7. Carrick has won more titles than Lampard. - Nothing to do with a single player, Lampard actually has individual honours, carrick doesnt.
  9. Carrick has more agility. - meh debatable, neither are very agile
  10. Carrick is better at shooting outside the box. - This is clearly a poor bit of trolling but i'll bite because it's so stupid. Show me a single bit of evidence of this tbh
  11. Carrick has a better penalty:goal ratio. - have a laugh, does he even take penalties?
  12. Carrick has a wider range of passing. - Both hit 50 yard passes with ease. Why doesnt carrick create more goals or get more assists ?
  13. Carrick has better acceleration. - You can have that i dont care
  14. Carrick dominated Lampard in both games with Chelsea vs United. - didnt realise they were 1 on 1 matches
  15. Carrick has a bigger tempermant for big games. - How so? Lampard is a big game player and shows this by scoring in many big games.
  16. Carrick speeds up the play better. - Lampard controls play for our whole team and is instrumental in every goal we score.
num num num

Lucius

Banned
Carrick is better at shooting outside the box - This is clearly a poor bit of trolling but i'll bite because it's so stupid. Show me a single bit of evidence of this tbh

Oh dear.

Are you serious? The two goals against Roma and the goal against Wigan are better than anything Lampard has produced from that range.

Your arguement completely falls apart with that statement, and the rest of it is just made up jibberish. You go on about statistics but you cannot even name them, unbelievable.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Carrick is tidy, but he is not a player that will regularly win you matches. I agree Lampard has been poor for England but we're not voting on the best England 11 in 2008/2009.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Essien - may not played alot but when he does there isnt a better midfield destroyer in the league at the moment.

Gerrard - Hate voting for the scouser, but he had a good season

Lucius

Banned
You don't even make a single bit of justification....

Yes I did - you said you wanted to see evidence of Carrick being better at shooting outside the box - I told you his (2) goals against Roma and goal against Wigan showed that. Look it up on YouTube.

Anyway, I have to go now - I apologise the thread has come to this. However, I feel it was inevitable because of people's hatred towards me, even though I do not hate them back.

Bye and kudos =).

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
As a United fan who has seen Carrick play almost 30 times at Old Trafford I have to say you are wrong, he is a decent player but he isn't even in the top 5 midfielders in England at the moment.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Meh, Essien missed most of the season and no other player even comes close to those 3.

Essien would have been nailed on for a slot if he had played more, head and shoulders the best central midfielder in England, Europe, The World at the moment for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom