Football Premier League 11 (central midfielders)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Continuing the voting for the FH Premier League 11, select two players to play central midfield.

Players from the current premier league season please. Vote for and discuss two player to play central midfield in a 4-4-2.

To make it easier to collect the votes can you all please put the players you are voting for in the format: vote playername and unvote playername to change your vote.

Lucius

Banned
Vote Essien and Carrick

Carrick has outperformed Lampard for another season and showed why he should be starting for England.

I chose Essien instead of Gerrard because, to put it simply, he does everything Gerrard does but better. These two centre-midfielders would make a great partnership I think.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I have at least 4 players I could quite easily interchange for this one...

I want to play Lampard, but I think Gerrard has just edged it this season, and I cannot see anyway that Essien would not be a shoe in in any premier league 11.

Gerrad and Essien

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Vote Essien and Carrick

Carrick has outperformed Lampard for another season and showed why he should be starting for England.

I chose Essien instead of Gerrard because, to put it simply, he does everything Gerrard does but better. These two centre-midfielders would make a great partnership I think.

On what basis has Carrick outperformed Lampard?

19 goals and 19 assists in all dometic competitions this season compared to 4 and 8?

Lucius

Banned
On what basis has Carrick outperformed Lampard?

19 goals and 19 assists in all dometic competitions this season compared to 4 and 8?

Carrick is miles ahead of Lampard. Next time you watch him play please come back again and make that statement. Anyway, Carrick's performance versus Germany was better than anything Lampard has produced for England.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Carrick is miles ahead of Lampard. Next time you watch him play please come back again and make that statement. Anyway, Carrick's performance versus Germany was better than anything Lampard has produced for England.

LOLOLOL

vote Essien, Lampard

Vladamir

FH is my second home
You've not answered my question, why is he a better player?

Lampard has been under-par for England in recent years but the whole team has, Carrick doesn't offer anything spectacular that can't be achieved with Lampard/Gerrard/Barry et al in addition to other factors.

Lucius

Banned
You've not answered my question, why is he a better player?

Lampard has been under-par for England in recent years but the whole team has, Carrick doesn't offer anything spectacular that can't be achieved with Lampard/Gerrard/Barry et al in addition to other factors.

Carrick is great at sweeping the ball up from the opposition, he is a great worker, better vision, better passing and can actually score from more than 20 yards without 2/3 deflections.

The thing about Carrick is that his contribution to the game is massive for United yet for some people (not referring to anyone in particular ...) who see Lampard/Gerrard as being the best midfielders on Fifa 09 or because they score for their clubs really don't have a clue. Watch how Carrick dominated Arsenal in the CL, then compare that to Lampard's performance against Barca ....

Vladamir

FH is my second home
1) Lampard is not a defensive midfielder, he never has been. Thats why Chelsea have had Makalele and Mikel. It is not his job to win the ball all the time.

2) Out of all his goals scored, less than 8 % were via deflections in recent years, this statistic will not have changed much.

See here The Knowledge: what percentage of Frank Lampard's goals are deflected? | Football | guardian.co.uk

Lampard scores from all areas of the pitch, whatever the range.

3) You're comparing the likes of Diaby, Denilson and Fabregas to Xavi, Yaya Toure and Iniesta? Fuck me

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Watch how Carrick dominated Arsenal in the CL, then compare that to Lampard's performance against Barca ....

Lampard was marked out of the game, no Arsenal player bothered to pick up Carrick because he's average.

Lucius

Banned
I won't respond to you anymore Vladamir, you have come to this thread with the sole intention of provoking me into an arguement and getting me banned. I have learnt throughout my time here that you are just someone who, for whatever reason, hates me and will do anything to belittle me.

I'll leave this thread but all I will say is that let the league table, as well as the 3-0 at Old Trafford speak for themselves.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Great work rate my arse. Try watching carrick live. He's not doing shit and he can't tackle.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Excuse me? Vlad has done nothing but argue his point, and with no trolling. If you are going to make a bold statement about players like you did then be prepared to back it up, especially when it is quite clearly a controversial view.

Lucius

Banned
Excuse me? Vlad has done nothing but argue his point, and with no trolling. If you are going to make a bold statement about players like you did then be prepared to back it up, especially when it is quite clearly a controversial view.

It is not controversial that Carrick and Essien are the two best midfielders in the Premier League - for those of us who are intelligent enough to analyse a football match it is quite an easy choice.

Xythic

Fledgling Freddie
It is not controversial that Carrick and Essien are the two best midfielders in the Premier League - for those of us who are intelligent enough to analyse a football match it is quite an easy choice.
your not even intelligent enough to pull your head out your ass :D this discussion is way too complicated for someone of your standards ;)

Vladamir

FH is my second home
I won't respond to you anymore Vladamir, you have come to this thread with the sole intention of provoking me into an arguement and getting me banned. I have learnt throughout my time here that you are just someone who, for whatever reason, hates me and will do anything to belittle me.

I'll leave this thread but all I will say is that let the league table, as well as the 3-0 at Old Trafford speak for themselves.

Carrick played for 10 minutes so his influence on our capitulation was somewhat minimal - the league table doesn't reflect Carrick's performances unless he was the only man on the field for each of the 38 games.

You really are a fool.

Lucius

Banned
Carrick played for 10 minutes so his influence on our capitulation was somewhat minimal - the league table doesn't reflect Carrick's performances unless he was the only man on the field for each of the 38 games.

You really are a fool.

I am aware of that but Carrick made more of an impact in that 10 minutes than Lampard did in the whole 90. I guess if you are resorting to insults I can assume I have won this arguement because you have actually provided no evidence of Lampard being better than Carrick.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Essien is great but hasn't played for much of the season. I'm going to pick Gerrard, but he doesn't really play central midfield. Oh well..

VOTE Lampard and Gerrard

Vladamir

FH is my second home
I provided them in my first post?

Lampard - 19 goals, 19 assists in all domestic competitions - played 56 games, 1 as a sub.

Carrick - 4 goals, 8 assists. 42 games played, 6 as a sub.

Chelsea were also in a huge slump with a poor manager whilst United were in good form, its hardly surprising that on this single occassion Lampard had a poor game.

Lucius

Banned
In the end of the day, if you are making a thread whereby people chose two of the best midfielders in the Premier League there is bound to be a difference in opinion. It is ridiculous to say someone else's opinion is wrong when that opinion is the whole point of the thread. I think the problem here is that many people, like Vladamir, are either partial to their clubs (hence why he votes for Lampard) or who are people who do not, or do not have the capacity to, analyse football matches and deduce who is the best midfielder. Then, they go on to insult other members and threaten to ruin the thread.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
rofl

Lethul

FH is my second home
Essien is great but hasn't played for much of the season. I'm going to pick Gerrard, but he doesn't really play central midfield. Oh well..

THat is what i was thinking, should i pick Gerrard as midfielder or forward? :)

Carrick? :eek:

Someone who is worth a mention outside of Lampard/Gerrard/Essien is in that case Alonso imho.

Lucius

Banned
I provided them in my first post?

Lampard - 19 goals, 19 assists in all domestic competitions - played 56 games, 1 as a sub.

Carrick - 4 goals, 8 assists. 42 games played, 6 as a sub.

Chelsea were also in a huge slump with a poor manager whilst United were in good form, its hardly surprising that on this single occassion Lampard had a poor game.

Anyone can throw statistics and say who is better than who. The fact is that how good a player is is based on their performance. Statistics don't tell you anything, what you see with your own eyes is what matters. For example, Filipio Inzaghi had a better scoring record than Raymond Kopa. But was Inzaghi better than Kopa? Was he fuck - Kopa was in a different league to him. That is just one of many examples - so I hope you can see that statistics are absolutely pointless, and this renders your point useless.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!

In the end of the day, if you are making a thread whereby people chose two of the best midfielders in the Premier League there is bound to be a difference in opinion. It is ridiculous to say someone else's opinion is wrong when that opinion is the whole point of the thread. I think the problem here is that many people, like Vladamir, are either partial to their clubs (hence why he votes for Lampard) or who are people who do not, or do not have the capacity to, analyse football matches and deduce who is the best midfielder. Then, they go on to insult other members and threaten to ruin the thread.

You are being a hypocrit. Can you please not vote on these threads as you are clearly just trolling.

Lucius

Banned
You are being a hypocrit. Can you please not vote on these threads as you are clearly just trolling.

Don't you accuse me of trolling you mindless idiot.

I voted for Essien and Lampard.

Vladamir started the arguement by challenging my statement even though he already voted. If he had not started flaming me this would not have happened.

Read the thread before you jump to conclusions.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Anyone can throw statistics and say who is better than who. The fact is that how good a player is is based on their performance. Statistics don't tell you anything, what you see with your own eyes is what matters. For example, Filipio Inzaghi had a better scoring record than Raymond Kopa. But was Inzaghi better than Kopa? Was he fuck - Kopa was in a different league to him. That is just one of many examples - so I hope you can see that statistics are absolutely pointless, and this renders your point useless.
Statistics can lie, yes. But also it's very obviously clear to everyone who's not a retard that Lampard is a better player than Carrick.

anyway, vote gerrard and lampard

essien hasnt played enough to get my vote

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Haha, and he gave me negative rep for calling him a hypocirt. Ignore time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom