predictive text saves $

VultureGirl

Banned
i just got a cell phone a year ago because I hate them and they cost to damn much. Recently i figured out how to use T9 texting which has been cutting my minutes in half. So, if you're a little behind the times like me here how to use it. It's free and probably already on your phone. www.textfast.t9.com

Gray

FH is my second home
If its cutting your minutes in half, does that mean you get older twice as fast? :(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Am I the only one picturing this poster taking a starring role in Event Horizon?

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
so its like predictive txt. I got fast txt on my Z1010 and can get a msg out v quickly. I can't really see the diff between T9 and predictive txt, can someone explain please.

Clown

Part of the furniture
I think this is some sort of spam bot. Every post includes a link.

Penguin

Fledgling Freddie
Predictive text predicts what you're going to type when you've only pressed a few keys right? T9 guesses the word as you press the buttons, so for example if you hit the keys with C A and B on them and you were going to spell cabbage, it wouldn't guess at cabbage, it would just say "Cab" or a more common word or whatever till you press the rest of the keys.

*I think i got that right*

Pretty similar tbh. I've got T9 on my phone. I reckon it's just a way to get you to pay more, if you're typing using "text speak" eg. "Hi r u goin in2 town 2day" you're using less charicters, if you're typing a longer message it's more likely to spill over into a second or third message because of the extra charicters.

VultureGirl

Banned
I'm not a spam bot, I just spend three days a week online during work and see lots of links, so figure I might as well share them. I also figure if I'm going to talk about something I might as well include a link because some people have no idea wtf T9 is. Except Penguin got it. Though it's free, you don't have to pay money.

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
It's no different to normal predictive text. One of my old phones used it (T610 I think). you press buttons, it gueses what you want.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Why the hell would using predictive text cut your minutes in half? Am I missing something? A text is a text, it doesn't matter how you create it.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
I still remember teaching a guy at my old workplace how to use predictive text. He'd tried before, but didn't realise that if it didn't guess your word right on the first go you could press a button to see alternatives or enter your own.

Once he was shown that he was texting like a pro. I find I can actually text as fast as I type, and I can type at about 50-60 wpm (I think)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
DaGaffer said:
Why the hell would using predictive text cut your minutes in half? Am I missing something? A text is a text, it doesn't matter how you create it.

Well it's either an american, and they dont know how to text. So using this probably would save talk time.

Although I'm with clowns spambot of doom theory.

VultureGirl

Banned
Ha, no love, no support. And, yes, I'm an American. It's not our fault we're behind in cell phone technology. You do realize _why_ we are so behind? Our country is more spread out - less coverage = less of a market, = less innovations. It also means gorgeous wilderness expanses... anyway, T9 makes me text faster and and more efficiently so I use less talk time, that's what I meant.

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
Scary to think that texting is new over there, but there are lots of places where it's a new thing. Texting is pretty much all "young" people do in the UK.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Actually t9 costs you more. It uses more text messages to say the same thing. I used to be like speedy gonzales texting before predictive texts came about, shorthand txt for the win!

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I get 1000 free texts a month (only decent thing about being on vodafone it seems), so it doesn't really matter how I text. Although it takes me ages to translate english into text shorthand, so I normally just use 2 or 3 messages.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
VultureGirl said:
Ha, no love, no support. And, yes, I'm an American. It's not our fault we're behind in cell phone technology. You do realize _why_ we are so behind? Our country is more spread out - less coverage = less of a market, = less innovations. It also means gorgeous wilderness expanses... anyway, T9 makes me text faster and and more efficiently so I use less talk time, that's what I meant.

Actually its because your wonderful military kept the GSM spectrum to itself for years and the US market went down the blind alley of pagers while the rest of the world 'got' mobile phones - you can blame Motorola for that.

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
Am i missing something? T9 has been on SE phones for AGESSSSS.....

for instance if you put the letter it it gives you list of words that match the letters you have put in that order. Thats all it does really.

VultureGirl

Banned
Furr said:
Am i missing something? T9 has been on SE phones for AGESSSSS.....

for instance if you put the letter it it gives you list of words that match the letters you have put in that order. Thats all it does really.

Yeah, that's what it does. I just didn't know about it at all before a few months ago. I found this article about the T9 dictionary, very funny: http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/051214/20051214005365.html?.v=1

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom