Precision Mousing!

Macceh^

Fledgling Freddie
I realised last night that my current optical mouse just wasnt up to par (im a perfectionist). Plus it's getting on a bit now and I think it will soon be ready for it to retire to my laptop case for mobile use.

So I need a new mouse, basically I want another optical one, and it has to be phenomenaly accurate for general use (Photoshop, other graphics programs) and good for the occasional online game aswell of course. Anyway, so recomendations please.

I was also looking into getting one of those "Ice Pads", the ones made from glass. The main reason for that is, just to add an element of glamour to my workstation.

So any mice or optical pad recomendations you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Macceh

ECA

I am a FH squatter
MSIE v4 for optical mouse of choice atm.

Pads, dont get an ice, best bet is imo a richochet ( i have won a ton of various pads and this is what I use myself ). If you want a large pad get a destrukt pad. both available from everglide iirc.

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
I have an ice mat and a logitech mx-700 which I find ridiculously accurate and sensitive but with enough options and stuff to tune it to anyones needs. The icemat is pretty sweet too although a bit expensive for a mousemat! If you get it, make sure you get the black one because the others dont work with optical mice...refraction and all that rubbish I believe. Would recommend both

Will

/bin/su
MX 700 and a Ratpad here. Does the job much better than the MS mouse I had before (same one as ECA mentioned), which had a weird twitch to it, as if it was on a grid.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
aye, MX700 and a ratpad too, but I find that I use this mouse directly on the tabletop while my previous MS thing I used on the pad. um. yeah.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Who uses a mouse anymore? Just go for the optical visual lasers. Much more accurate then any mouse around.

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
"Mouse? PAH!"
* mazling awaits linux users arrival to this thread

Will

/bin/su
Well, my FreeBSD box doesn't have a mouse, it is true. But then, playing a FPS isn't possible on a box without X.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I just deleted a long reply, because i went off on one, so here it is condensed.

If you want to listen to the chinwaggers do so, if you want the advice of someone who has beaten some of the best players the uk has to offer on lan and takes mouse performance seriously then MSIE v4 and dktpad or richochet.

Nothing else will do.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
yes but your still shit so why bother saying its > * when you have no skill?

beat someone GOOD in the uk and then start telling me how good you are ^^ otherwise dont bother.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
ECA said:
beat someone GOOD in the uk and then start telling me how good you are
incidentally, what on gods green earth are you babbling on about child?

Xav

ECA

I am a FH squatter
ok let me put it like this name me a lan tourny you've been to where you've been a team widely considered the best in the uk at whatever fps game it is they play, then come back and talk shit about how your mouse/pad own everything else.

If you cant then dont bother.

Will

/bin/su
You really can sound like a bit of a prick sometimes, ECA. Does no one elses opinion count because you are too leet for us all? If you think in the way you are coming across here, why bother to talk to us mere mortals at all?

</rant>

Paradroid

Fledgling Freddie
Logitech MX700; Smooth as a babies arse, it's got 8 buttons and a wheel - what more do you need?

Oh yeah, and my "mouse mat" - I use a teflon sheet (just under A2 size) taped ontop of my desk. John Lewis homeware department if anyones interested:-
non-stick cooking mat
33x40 cm
£2.95
5 year guarantee (LoL - *true*)

The only downfall is that it says in the instructions "Do not exceed 250 Deg.Cent., gas mark 10", that means you'll have to limit your pron site visits.

...probably the only mouse mat that you can also use for the sunday roast!!!

:eek7:

TdC

Paradroid said:
Oh yeah, and my "mouse mat" - I use a teflon sheet (just under A2 size) taped ontop of my desk.

now why don't *I* have great ideas like this?
:(

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
I just use an old old MS Intelli, and no mousemat.

'I is teh win!!11' I can also get my arse kicked at most FPS while using it...therefore my advice is best.

kekeke =]

:=D ^_^ ^-^ [=D

TdC

perhaps. the slightest thought of it and my cognitive powers fritter away to nothing :(

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Will said:
You really can sound like a bit of a prick sometimes, ECA. Does no one elses opinion count because you are too leet for us all? If you think in the way you are coming across here, why bother to talk to us mere mortals at all?

</rant>

Check posting time, and i'd compare it to something like racing, sure everyone has a favourite car they like, but the average persons opinion is worth shit for "how good it is performance wise" you need someone who actually races cars to tell you ^_^ and not the cocks who drag their riced up polos.

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
ECA said:
Check posting time, and i'd compare it to something like racing, sure everyone has a favourite car they like, but the average persons opinion is worth shit for "how good it is performance wise" you need someone who actually races cars to tell you ^_^ and not the cocks who drag their riced up polos.

So you are a 'racing driver'? ^_^ And a hardware journo isn't in terms of, well hardware?

Get over yourself you lonely bastard.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Xav is a bit like murray walker, bit of fun to listen to and totally harmless but spouts a load of bollocks you cant help but laugh at ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom