Precision Mousing!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
am I the only one who doesn't understand any of the last couple of posts?

*trundles off for coffee*

K

kalleth

narf, i've had an MS optical for about 5 years now and i've not had any probs with it EVER. been as precise as i ever wanted it to be. Why spend serious £$£$£$ on anything else?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
ECA said:
I just deleted a long reply, because i went off on one, so here it is condensed.

If you want to listen to the chinwaggers do so, if you want the advice of someone who has beaten some of the best players the uk has to offer on lan and takes mouse performance seriously then MSIE v4 and dktpad or richochet.

Nothing else will do.

ECA had you framed that post well, ie nicely you could probably have really impressed a few people. At the very least, you could have done yourself a bit of good. As it is, you truly made yourself look like an utter penis.
Seriously mate, read what you've written, and the following post you made too. It defies description.
If you arnt embarrassed by at least one of the posts I really have no hope for you at all :(

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
MX500 plus a Ratpad. Don't trust the batteries in the 700 NOT to run out halfway through my occassional ownage session's.

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
Staz the batteries are fantastic on the 700, I use it for hours on end and have no trouble at all, only problems are when I forget to put it on the base station at night! d'oh! :twak:

nath

Fledgling Freddie
The only problem I have is when I forget to put it on the base station after about 3 nights. Honestly, the batteries on the 700 rule.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I have an MSIE 3 which is behaving oddly now. Mind you, it has been running on a carpet for the last 6 months. When I move house I want a new mouse of wtfpwn4ge cos I'll hopefully be able to play FPS games now and then. Obviously an IE 4 is one option. What's the difference between MX500/700/900 then ?

Will

/bin/su
MX500 is corded, MX700 is cordless, MX900 costs a lot.

I have no idea about the 900 tbh.

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
Wij said:
I have an MSIE 3 which is behaving oddly now. Mind you, it has been running on a carpet for the last 6 months. When I move house I want a new mouse of wtfpwn4ge cos I'll hopefully be able to play FPS games now and then. Obviously an IE 4 is one option. What's the difference between MX500/700/900 then ?

MX 500 is wired
MX 700 is wireless logitec rf protocol with charger/base station
MX 900 is bluetooth charger/base station

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I bought an MX700 for £15 off the local cabbage, I am not liking it for CS at all, it feels vague, kinda floaty. Anyone wanna buy a Logitech MX700 for £25 including P+P?

:]

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Make sure mouse smoothing isn't switched on and stuff, they're meant to be really good mice, so I'd look at configuration one more time before you flog it.

Xav

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
OMG teh h4x! ECa j00 0wn0red teh f00!

I have the first version of the MS Intellimouse Explorer here and its wonderful, I am going to get the next version as soon as they add "mouse wheel tilt" to it. I just dont trust wireless mice -I am sure they are wonderful, but I am not convinced yet. If you want the joy of being wireless get the mx700 they are all banging on about, so many people saying good things cannot be wrong, despite what Mr Pro Gamer (we are so not worthy) thinks. If your happy with wires than I cannot reccomend the MS mice enough.

Oh and ECA, I don't think I could have sounded like more of a **** if I tried than you managed to without realising.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Heh - I've come to the conclusion that ECa is a bit like Anne Robinson, bit of a giggle to listen to and totally witless but tries to act all macho and 'l33t' when in reality he'd probably come off the loser in a scrap against TehWeakestLinks 5-foot nothing ginger ^^

news_ar.gif

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I hate to say this. But he is a typical CS kiddie.

There I have done it, gone against my own kind :/

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Hey, every social group has the retarded outcast you occasionally feel the need to point and laugh at. It's noones fault but ECa's.

Trem

*points and laughs at Laz*

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
argh, i did this change without saving my reg first and now my mouse is totally messed up, so does anyone know the old values and how i can edit it by just using the keyboard to select smoothmouse etc.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
well no one has mentioned the razer boomslang 2100 yet

or is it just shite?

Will

/bin/su
JBP| said:
well no one has mentioned the razer boomslang 2100 yet

or is it just shite?
You missed out the word overpriced in your sentence.

Trem

Can we get those in this country yet?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
In fact the best moouse ever for me was a cheapo 4 quid model. It had 3 buttons (IE a middle one but not a wheel.) I played most of my QW/UT career on it. Actually, I say it, but I mean them. Being so cheap I replaced it about twice a month. Always had a brand spanking new one. Can't beat that new-mouse feel :)

Paradroid

Fledgling Freddie
lovedaddy said:
I cannot stand the MX700. Heavy, unresponsive, laggy, crap.
The MX500 is a class mouse, (tho the drivers STILL aint upto scratch).

Current mouse of choice - MS optical v3

However, I think I'll be pestering logitech for some free ones of these in the near furure =)

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,3973,1527166,00.asp

Yeah, the mx700 has extra weight to it 'cause it's got the batteries inside, I previously used the ms explorer and I did notice a big difference in weight - but I got used to it quickly and I now consider it to be a mans' mouse and everything else is effeminate in comparison (i.e. you're using a girls mouse btw).

I did think the ms explorer was the muts nuts for years but the one I had (first or second build) couldn't be relied upon when I moved it fast - it would skip and loose track. It worked well in confined spaces - probably works ok for your typical mousemat sized surface - but for looong stretches across the desk it would loose it. The mx700 doesn't, it's that simple for me. I can turn 360-720 degrees in a quake-type game fast and with one long movement and the mouse never stutters. I had heard that later versions of the explorer addressed this problem (better optics), but I wasn't willing to part with another 40-50 quid to find out that it doesn't.

The batteries on the mx700 last for fekin ages (I'm sure I read somewhere they last for 24-48 hours, continual usage!), when not in use it goes into a low-power standby and users need to shoogle the mouse to revive it.

Doesn't that Boomslang mouse come in 2 different tiers of excellence? I seem to remember that one of them was twice as good as the other (double the optics) and twice the price too. Also, didn't the original company get bought-over? But the tech & name survived? Just a couple of years ago?

:eek7:

...and here they are...

What's the exchange rate again?
LoL
I reckon that works out at around 25-35 quid for all the Razor models...hhmmm...

:wij:

JBP|

Part of the furniture
£26.44 for the optical viper thingy at current exchange rate apperently

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom