WTF? Prank call suicide

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
What happens if they commit suicide? Who's fault will it be then?

opticle

Part of the furniture
To give you an idea of what she's in fear of; nurses are governed by the nursing and midwifery council. The sole purpose of this organisation is to protect the public from nurses. This isn't an organisation like the general medical council which is all buddy buddy and cover each others asses. I can see the woman having been in fear of her job, her career and her livelihood.

Sounds dramatic. Unfortunately it's the reality.

This. But I wouldn't say the GMC is "buddy buddy" either - its just the same. They all are these days.

My Mum is a nurse and was treated horribly for something she never even did and for which there was zero evidence except one bitter student's word for it - she was forced to take 6 months off work whilst they decided nothing had happened and that they should trust in the nurse with the glowing reputation for over 20 years work with everyone else who's ever worked with her supporting her and without a bad word to say.

The attitude in these institutions is horrible. The people that often rise to the positions of control in them are frequently the cretins.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
I'm going to throw out a guess, and I'm sure we'll find out eventually, but my guess is she was being horribly hounded by the press. Probably the Daily Mail. I bet they had obtained her phone number, that they were constantly phoning her, banging on her door and trying to take photos of her. I bet the second she left her flat to buy a pint of milk she was being followed, asked questions and her photo was being taken.

I don't base any of that on any fact, it's just a guess. And for some people, with a certain way of looking at their lives this would have been very difficult to deal with, not forgetting the fact that she may have felt her career was over, which at 46 is pretty devastating.

It's an odd thing to do. It's a shame that with hindsight more could undoubtedly have been done to console/protect/counsel this woman.

I've always hated prank call humour, I find it uncomfortable and turn the radio over, but no doubt some people find it funny, otherwise it wouldn't be done. It's interesting to see that this particular station had already got in trouble for pranking a 14 year old into admitting, on air, that she had been raped when she was 12. I trust now that they might have learnt their lesson and will come up with a different way to fill 10 minutes of airtime.

soze

I am a FH squatter
And it was just a joke. It wasn't sad or deplorable, it was just a pretty standard joke. Don't jump on the Aussie hate bandwagon either. They don't deserve to suffer over this in the slightest.
I will jump on the bandwagon I hate comedy like that so fuck them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom