WTF? Prank call suicide

Chilly

Balls of steel
will was banging her on his visits in, it all got too much.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
First off, why the f*ck does this have to be turned to be about the royalty? Focus on the woman, the event and f*ck off with the extra jumbo. It's really hard to even read what actually happened when half of it is irrelevant.

For example, i thought the woman had killed herself over a hoaxcall. Right, clear cut, then i read this; "deeply saddening that a simple human error due to a cruel hoax could lead to the death of a dedicated and caring member of the nursing profession".

So it wasn't a suicide because of a hoax but a mistake that lead to it? What mistake? What was the hoax? Blargh!

EDIT: read the other article that explained it a bit, but damn that's just meh reporting.

Chilly

Balls of steel
chill winston!

This is UK tabloid gold. Royal shenanigans are the best.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i wonder if she had been hassled by the press and stuff, in their usual "we dont care if youre upset we want to sell papers" way and freaked out

really sad tbh :\

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I read earlier she wasn't the one that gave the info, just the one that answered the call. Typical lazy BBC reporting. It mentions it in the article but the headline is misleading.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Very sad...you have to think there's some underlying problem here. Feel bad for the husband and kids...tragic.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
i bet her death had nothing to do with the prank call whatsoever

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well i believe, with all the assuming involved, that with the english pride(i think that brittish folk are a bit more anal about it if they are inclined to pride) and the no doubt pressure from peers and press could've been too much. You couldn't get away from the "she was the one who blahdiblah" at all.

There also needs to be some other reasons, like previous sh*t, perhaps husband buggering off due to the "shame"(or taking an easy excuse to leave), perhaps previous mental troubles etc.

The prank call would certainly not tip her over the edge.

On another note; I figured out that the guy i quoted above meant that the human error that lead to the suicide was giving out the information, which means the fecker is trying to shift blame to the victim. Essentially saying "her mistake cost her her life".

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
She wasn't British by the sounds of it.

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
A prank call could tip someone over the edge.
A person that takes pride and dedication to their work serious but has only their work to try to balance them.
Now imagine that same person feeling they made a mistake at work, no longer feeling that they can live up to that pride and dedication. Feeling inadequate to do their job they love and need to keep themselves balanced.

If Toht's comment is true, then for me the responsible parties are the hospital or that person he mentioned.
IF you see a colleague on the edge then you might not try (or should) to step in but at least inform human resources. From a hospital or from a colleague in a hospital I would have expected much more in terms of help for those that might have a mental breakdown.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Seen on Twitter.

To be "fair", Aussie DJs didn't know she'd commit suicide. They just thought she'd be sacked, lose her career, and be plunged into poverty.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Quick, nobody ever tell a joke ever again, ever!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20645838

064692-mel.jpg

Admit it. You would.

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
Yes let's make the entire world as bitter and humourless as the FH forums get whenever it's Toht's time of the month...
He has a time of the month, as in going into heat or having a period? Well in that case take better care of him a hug is nice once in a while!
Still wondering why anyone would take it out on two dj's that did a prank call.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Mental really she did not even give out the information she just put them through. I can only assume she was a very proud woman who was honored to be helping the Royals and felt ashamed that she got scammed in the way she did. It does not sound like anyone at the Hospital blamed her to so this is really sad. She would of become a punch line when her name was released as being involved but to kill yourself is madness.

As for the Aussie cunts though as I hate comedy like this I really hope they are suffering over this a woman well or not is now dead because of their sad cunt joke so fuck them.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Or she was depressed and acting irrationally.

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
Some perspective; based on some very very brief scanning of a few of the news articles and what are assumed to be the known facts;

As I understand it this woman is the one that answered the call in the first place then transferred to the nurse who gave the information to the dj's...secondly, I understand this woman is a nurse herself.

Basically where I think this has come from is the fact that she could have been in a world of shit from her employers for putting the call through etc. there's all sorts of policies governing nurses, patient confidentiality etc etc. I think she panicked and thought the worse was going to happen (and very possibly was not mentally well to begin with). I can totally see where she's coming from to be honest. It's not historically a profession that's very forgiving of mistakes. Of any kind.

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
To give you an idea of what she's in fear of; nurses are governed by the nursing and midwifery council. The sole purpose of this organisation is to protect the public from nurses. This isn't an organisation like the general medical council which is all buddy buddy and cover each others asses. This is an organisation that expects perfection. All the time. Everywhere. At home, at work. Not 99% perfect, 100% perfect.

You can go on the NMC website and read the reports of tribunals they hold. You can also read the code of conduct, standards, performance and ethics for nurses. Just from the snippets of info available from the news I can see half a dozen ways she *might* have infringed on the code. It doesn't matter what her intentions were. I can see the woman having been in fear of her job, her career and her livelihood.

Sounds dramatic. Unfortunately it's the reality.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Prob the press hounding her. Seems their usual bag. Yes things are fun till something bad happens. Prank calls have been done many many times, some love some hate. Its easy to chastise with hind sight.

You can't protect everyone by banning everything or we would just sit at home in the dark all day. There will always be casualties and it all comes down to the theory that human life is above everything else. And really it isn't. There's seven billion. In the scheme of things one doesn't make a difference. In the universe our planet doesn't. It sells papers garners listeners so it will make money for someone ad therefore be over reported like every sad death tats remotely controversial

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I understand why Moe Syszlak is so upset all the time now

opticle

Part of the furniture
It does not sound like anyone at the Hospital blamed her to so this is really sad.

As for the Aussie cunts though as I hate comedy like this I really hope they are suffering over this a woman well or not is now dead because of their sad cunt joke so fuck them.

Don't believe the bullshit press statements from the hospital. They're full of shit. They always use that kind of language - but the reality is often quite opposite.

And it was just a joke. It wasn't sad or deplorable, it was just a pretty standard joke. Don't jump on the Aussie hate bandwagon either. They don't deserve to suffer over this in the slightest.

People take things far, far too seriously these days. The only people that could be possibly be to blame are those who allowed a woman to feel so shit after making a simple, harmless mistake that anyone could have made that she did something like this (if that was the sole reason, which it likely isn't).

rynnor

Rockhound
I feel sorry for the Aussie DJs tbh - they arent responsible for whatever drove her to her death.

But they may well end up paying for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom