Prague bound (and gagged and hopefully not raped by a huge man)

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Hey all, I'm off to Prague on wednesday and I've just realised that I have no clue about the place really other than the cheap booze and errrm promiscous women.

If anyone has any ideas for a 4 day break with my mate (leaving the ladies of our lives at home :p ) feel free to help. As much as I fear alcohol will be involved, I'd rather come back with a few memories of something we've done as opposed to a hazy messy slurry black hole in my mind.

Also, they have joined the european union, but some polish guys at work reckon they still use the krone. Any clue anyone?

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
I don't think they are using the Euro until 2010.
My dad has been before and he said it was absolutely freezing, alcohol was really cheap and there were alot of picturesque areas with a variety of architecture if you like taking snaps and doing the sight-seeing thing and all that sort of stuff.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Stay away from cheap vodka.

I heard that there is some cheap vodka somewhere in eastern europe that quite literally causes your liver to explode.

Other than that have a great time.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
JBP| said:
Stay away from cheap vodka.

I heard that there is some cheap vodka somewhere in eastern europe that quite literally causes your liver to explode.

Other than that have a great time.

I think that was Russia but yeah advice taken on board.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Get away from the Old Town and Wenceslas Square. They are all very nice and that but they are expensive (for Prague that is). The Charles Bridge is a tourist magnet = hellhole.

Its no longer cheap as chips, but just by moving a little distance from the tourist blackspots you can find MUCH cheaper drinks and food.

If you're veggie, you might be fucked. Its got better but one time when I was working there my friend asked for the "veggie options" in a restaurant. The waiter took the menu, scribbled WITH VEGETABLES against a couple of dishes on the menu then gave it her back :)

Architechture is indeed amazing. Check out the castle, in fact most of the buildings across the valley from the Old Town.

If you want one day or half day away there a a ton of places right at the bottom of Wenceslas Square that offer excursions - best are the Bone Cathedral, Pilzen and if you want a sombre but moving experience - Terazin, the old POW camp. Oh if you get a chance to go to Archduke Ferdinand's old hunting lodge - GO! Its incredible but a half day trip involved.

Theres a lot of Romany pickpockets about, mostly kids, keep an eye out.

Pilzen is the home of Pilsner, last time I went I bought 12 pints for the equivalent of 85 pence. Yes you read that right ;)

Don't go to the east side of town, its like rundown Chechnya.

Enjoy.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Xtro said:
Get away from the Old Town and Wenceslas Square. They are all very nice and that but they are expensive (for Prague that is). The Charles Bridge is a tourist magnet = hellhole.

Its no longer cheap as chips, but just by moving a little distance from the tourist blackspots you can find MUCH cheaper drinks and food.

If you're veggie, you might be fucked. Its got better but one time when I was working there my friend asked for the "veggie options" in a restaurant. The waiter took the menu, scribbled WITH VEGETABLES against a couple of dishes on the menu then gave it her back :)

Architechture is indeed amazing. Check out the castle, in fact most of the buildings across the valley from the Old Town.

If you want one day or half day away there a a ton of places right at the bottom of Wenceslas Square that offer excursions - best are the Bone Cathedral, Pilzen and if you want a sombre but moving experience - Terazin, the old POW camp. Oh if you get a chance to go to Archduke Ferdinand's old hunting lodge - GO! Its incredible but a half day trip involved.

Theres a lot of Romany pickpockets about, mostly kids, keep an eye out.

Pilzen is the home of Pilsner, last time I went I bought 12 pints for the equivalent of 85 pence. Yes you read that right ;)

Don't go to the east side of town, its like rundown Chechnya.

Enjoy.

More than enough for 4 days ;P Wow thanks thats just perfect xtro. Out of those Terazin sticks out the most. I do like history and stuff, despite it being a well behaved drinking binge, I do aim to absorb some culture.. I dont mean absynthe either.

Top notch post!

Out of interest, how much cash will i need, for 4 days to 'live'?

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Came back with 'hazy messy slurry black hole' but what an amazing place. Our holiday turned sleazy but cant reconmend the place enough. Something for everyone, never been in a strip club but I know they better than over here.

Oh and yeah the architecture is mindblowing.

Heres looking forwards to march... We'll go back and do more civilized stuff this time.

09112006016.jpg

Apologies for size. Was lazy.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
dysfunction said:
You got some random geek in the picture at the same time!

Yeah met him at the top of this crazy steep hill. Was hard as fuck and damned goodlooking and the rumours were that he was amazing in bed too. I thought it best to leave hime alone.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Doomy said:
Yeah met him at the top of this crazy steep hill. Was hard as fuck and damned goodlooking and the rumours were that he was amazing in bed too. I thought it best to leave hime alone.

Clearly you took his pic for wanking purposes.

You big gay.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
ECA said:
Clearly you took his pic for wanking purposes.

You big gay.

Well when i look in a mirror. Its so fucking hard not to be dude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom