Post 50 Blues

• Thread starter LunarDarkShadow
  • Start date
N

noob_pride

Thing I hate about being 50.. Ive never seen brannor in rvr since about mmm lvl 30 or something to get him back for the 3 or 4 times he killed me... heheh jk

D

Danya

Getting epic armour was the best thing for me at 50 I think. Iit makes a large difference to the damage you take. E.g. since getting epic I haven't been PAed for more than about 350 damage.

Other than that it's just RvR and raids. RvR gets very very dull after a remarkably short period. I think it depends on your class to an extent. The main function of my class is speedsong, which is an inherantly dull task as all you do is stand there with a drum. Raids are a bit more fun, but in that it's largely just powersong which again is beating a drum for a few hours.

O

old.Velo

I started RvRing when i was like lvl 25 or so and enjoyed that even though most mids where red/purple the first few months.
When i hit 50, everything was still the same, only there was no exping left to do. So i didnt gain anything by hiting 50, i just lost a big part of the game i feel.

Events is what keeps me playing (though i havent played daoc for 2 weeks now)...

Im looking forward to swg at the moment, as i feel daoc is the same thing over and over and over... every day looks the same, i cant tell one from the other.

Remeber the feeling you had the first time you met an enemy when doing rvr? I havent felt that in months... the epic beta-batles are now 5 sec "zergs", no excitement at all. The magic is gone...
:(

for the moment.

A

Adelle

Hitting level 50 was, for me, a big anti-climax.

The first few days are just great! You got a nice shining epic armor, the pressure of becoming level 50 is gone and there is no real penalty on dying anymore.

But soon you notice that, well, there's not terribly much to do once you hit that magical level.

There's RvR.. And I guess that can be fun, depending on what kind of person you are. Personally I don't really enjoy traveling for fifteen minutes (excluding waiting for the teleport) just to see perhaps five seconds of action before having to type /release. The trend of making big "zergs" has certainly diminished the fun of RvR (well, my opinion anyway).

There's epic monster/zone raids. And while these can be a lot of fun IF they are well planned and executed, there is just so many times you can wipe out the denziens of Llyn Barfor, Dartmoor or Darkness Falls before it becomes dull.

There's.. uhm.. crafting. And I'm not really feeling like paying 10€ a month just to sit in Cornwall Station pressing the same button over and over and over again.

There's roleplaying. I like roleplaying. But I do, in all honesty, not believe that DAoC lends itself very well to it. I've tried roleplaying on many occasions (and was once in a roleplaying guild), but there's is just too many restrictions on what you, as a player, can do inside the game world for it to be worthwhile.

Altough I really hated the xp grind on my way to level 50, it is the thing I miss the most now that I am there.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Brannor McThife

Gawd, the number of times I said this to people while begging them to adventure in Dartmoor, the Barrows, Llyn Barfog, ANYWHERE other than Lyonesse. But to no avail. So I left Albion. I've said it a million times. (quick, someone go count), enjoy the journey, for once you're at the destination, it may not be where you thought you'd be.

-G

Can't remember who said it - but it's probably quite a famous quote anyway...

"It's not the destination that matters, but the journey."

50 ain't somewhere special - RvR is nice and all, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses (or the bean-nighe) on the way.

It's not that people won't leave Lyonesse brannor - it's that they won't leave "Tangler Beach" or "Goblin House" ...

O

old.Kladen

Originally posted by old.Elfslayer

yup. same name

hello my ex guild leader of sentinals.

its me charnira. what happened to the guild?

edit: any others play now?

Users who are viewing this thread