Rant Possible new job, while getting a new job.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
i'm going to be no help whatsoever and say just do what gives you that "good tumy" feeling, whatever the job or reasons surely one of them must simply just feel beter to you?

if your up for adventure then the spanish one sounds good but what about future prospects? when you've considered everything (which i'm sure you have... over and over again lol) there must be one that your more excited about or just feel better about.

anyhoo whatever you choose I hope you have a blast with it and dont have any regrets!

sorry to go all yoda on you but... know what you must do, you do, know which path to take, you do...trust yourself, you must!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Acknowledged and respected answers all. Sure gives a lot to think about.

Just an update:

If i leave, i'm the new guy, but as it is now, these guys are(evidently) planning that i become the new boss of a department(which i didn't know) since i've got more experience then the lot.

Makes the decicion a bit harder.

Imagine that? Me? The Boss? The Man?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Acknowledged and respected answers all. Sure gives a lot to think about.

Just an update:

If i leave, i'm the new guy, but as it is now, these guys are(evidently) planning that i become the new boss of a department(which i didn't know) since i've got more experience then the lot.

Makes the decicion a bit harder.

Imagine that? Me? The Boss? The Man?

yeah yeah, you just wanted to tell everyone about your 4th job!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
No it means if he posts anything with the words "nose", "beard", "elephant", and "female knee" in the same sentence, he'll be permabanned,

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Given you provided the correct circumstances, I would definetely go to Spain. Non-english is a bit of over-stating it, professional spaniards know english at a decent level. I don't imagine you will try and communicate with random people on the street, outside of basic stuff like getting directions.

Anyway, they usually are very good at welcoming foreigners, totally at the opposite of say... France, or Germany.

Especially if you consider it to be an upgrade for your career, and ultimately, your future.

My two cents.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I went to Paris and their city was very good for English. However if you are not going to a capital city it may be different.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Spain is a happy place for the next 4 years and my girlfriend loves Torres.

I'd move to there and call all the Custodia Malacitana girls & guys in for a beer :).

Btw once you're a boss there and in need of developers, give me a PM, I am looking for a transition into the gaming industry.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I went to Paris and their city was very good for English. However if you are not going to a capital city it may be different.

*Steps in*

Main cities have no problem with foreigners. However, if you're going to a smaller town and don't ATTEMPT to speak French, they'll not bother. If they know you're suffering with French (while speaking) they'll maybe speak English. They're alot more unforgiving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom