Possible expansion?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
lot of discussion going on on the US forums about a mistake Mythic made on the test server client..

Possible Expansion Leak? (Calling all dataminers) - Warhammer Forums

could possibly mean a introduction of a third realm. and god knows this game needs one.

didnt get the chance to look at the files myself but there were aparently a shitload of new zones and textures in those files and mentions of a Vampire race (wich is a faction in the tabletop lore).

interesting stuff anyway.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds more like a halloween event.

A third realm is not going to work for WAR now, they missed the boat by a year. I really don't think they can completely reinvent the entire game from the ground up to accomodate a third realm, which is what would need to be done to make it work. It would have to go back into beta, or let the remaining player beta test it and pay for the privaledge. Can you imagine the class balancing issues alone?

Also, why would they make an expansion for a game thats losing players and clustering servers all the time?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
yeah your probably right. but then thats one hell of a big halloween event then as theres aparently more then 1 new zone.

but then again, EA might want to give it one last shot? :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
well the patch hit today and i gotta say i'm impressed. zerg vs zerg isnt a slideshow anymore.... still cant run on high settings (9400GT) but balanced is pretty good. AND i can use effects on all so i can SEE when a BW is bombing me :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Would there be any point (from a financial point of view) in EA/Mythic releasing an expansion?

rynnor

Rockhound
Would there be any point (from a financial point of view) in EA/Mythic releasing an expansion?

Sure - if they could develop it cheaply using the existing staff - look at everquest 1 - barely anyone left there but it still has yearly expansions.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

well, before 1.3.2 i'd say no. but looking at the incredibly upswing in playability this patch i'd have to say yes.

i mean its hard to think its the same game its that much better.

i can run with all effects on and still only get very little lag, and even my FPS isnt suffering on my poor 9400GT.

norn has suffered from a series of crashes and DC's since the patch came out (4 or 5 iirc) but overall the game is SO much more enjoyable now that i dont even care much about it.

so if anyone here quit because of the game performance, give it a spin now.

its as close to a miracle patch that i can think of when it comes to performance.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Sure - if they could develop it cheaply using the existing staff - look at everquest 1 - barely anyone left there but it still has yearly expansions.

thats because SOE nicks cash from all the other games via the station access deals.

they dont rely on subs from EQ alone.

and EQ is probably SOE's flagship game, so it will take ALOT for them to close that game down.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
my magus is still a gimp cow, so performance increase or not, they will have to address magus and class balance better in general before i give them my coin.

:m00:

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
my magus is still a gimp cow, so performance increase or not, they will have to address magus and class balance better in general before i give them my coin.

I have no faith in Mythic anymore, their class balancing method has been to swing a nerf axe at certain classes, something they said at release they wouldn't do after the failures of over-nerfing in DAoC over the years.

Mythic cannot balance classes, they never got it right in DAoC (even today they have no idea how to address the Warlock issue), they haven't got it right in WAR.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

yea Magus still need a defined role. but more and more premades include one for rifting and the group +15% damage increase from all sources tactic.

still nowhere near enough tho.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
yea Magus still need a defined role. but more and more premades include one for rifting and the group +15% damage increase from all sources tactic.

still nowhere near enough tho.

replace rifting with rimming and you have currently what the magus is actually some use for...

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
I have no faith in Mythic anymore, their class balancing method has been to swing a nerf axe at certain classes, something they said at release they wouldn't do after the failures of over-nerfing in DAoC over the years.

Mythic cannot balance classes, they never got it right in DAoC (even today they have no idea how to address the Warlock issue), they haven't got it right in WAR.

They got Daoc right ONCE. Then they released Shrouded Isles and balance went away again.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
been playing my magus alot the last few days and theres something about it that makes it feel better then it did before the patch, and i'm not talking about the changes to the class thats listed. theres something else aswell that they might not have included in the patch but i can't figure out what it is.

maybe its the overall changes to the game thats doing it but i seem to both survive a tad better and hurt order more.

changing spec btw.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
They will just add the stuff they have removed, and make you pay for it :p

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
They got Daoc right ONCE. Then they released Shrouded Isles and balance went away again.

Christ that was a long time ago :)

I can't remember them ever having it right tbh, did they fix bolt mages or mentalists before SI? Heh, can't remember that far back anymore and im pretty sure Wardens were gimped and rangers were in one of their transitional phases from god-mode to RP fodder or vice-versa (christ, were there even RP's back then? such a bad memory!) when SI released :)

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Christ that was a long time ago :)

I can't remember them ever having it right tbh, did they fix bolt mages or mentalists before SI? Heh, can't remember that far back anymore and im pretty sure Wardens were gimped and rangers were in one of their transitional phases from god-mode to RP fodder or vice-versa (christ, were there even RP's back then? such a bad memory!) when SI released :)

I think it was patch 1.45ish was the glory days of some kind of balance. Then TOA arrived then NF and it all went to hell.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
well i think its safe to say that it isnt the halloween event that got leaked. havent seen a single new zone or any vampires yet.

so the chances that its a expansion grows bigger.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
well i think its safe to say that it isnt the halloween event that got leaked. havent seen a single new zone or any vampires yet.

so the chances that its a expansion grows bigger.

Still a few days to go ;)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Deleted from hard drive. Read the various Magus feedback and was not impressed.

As I already posted on WHA, its mental of Mythic to introduce the most hated spell from DAoC as the saviour of WAR. So whoever has the fastest mez twitcher on their team wins. The reward versus the skill required for this style of gameplay is inappropriate.

There is nothing worse than losing control of your character, being unable to fight, then simply waiting your turn to be slaughtered. This was a dreadful combat mechanic in DAoC despite the few remaining DAoC players that laud this. Its I-Win for set groups and frustration for everyone else.

I will not be resubscribing to WAR since clearly Mythic have absolutely no idea how to learn from past mistakes and cannot make a decent design decision about future direction. I supported Mythic and WAR for a long time when people were grumbling but in the end I cannot condone their inability to get it right, and further, their lazy design and programming, simply dropping in features from past games which have low player base for a very good reason, not just the age of the game engine.

They have, in their own words, pooched it.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I honestly never really understood this crusade against Aoe Mezz as form of CC, is not that being chain stunned, disabled, rooted and the other 40 forms of cc available in War is anything better.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
cant say i've actually been chain cc'd much of anything before stagger, sure it happened a few times a week but nothing as major as it is now with stagger. plus, stagger is ALOT longer then anything else and impossible to get rid of unless you get attacked.

I honestly never really understood this crusade against Aoe Mezz as form of CC, is not that being chain stunned, disabled, rooted and the other 40 forms of cc available in War is anything better.

yes stagger is worse.

you cant purge it, its longer then the old stuns and the immunity timer is laughable. its basically what mezzing in DAoC were before immunity timers as purge.

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
I personally think daoc cc was a great thing, 8v20-40 was doable. The game would have lost alot of players earlier on if they were constently steamrolled by the zerg so it was nice to keep alot (or a 3rd realm) under control with ease.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie

I think it stems from the 1 minute+ aoe mezz from way back.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I personally think daoc cc was a great thing

it became somewhat tolerable when purge and cure mezz got introduced. before thet there was fuck all you could do for well over a minute if you got hit by a mezz. think the red single target mezz is 1:30 or something....

now stagger isnt nearly as long, but its still just as bloody annoying because theres nothing you can do once you get hit by it other then pray that someone would hit you so it broke.

sure when u got stunned you couldn't do anything regardless if you got hit or not, but it was half the length of stagger. so for me i rather have stun back then this, as i'm pretty sure its gonna get alot worse.

Lollie

Loyal Freddie
i cant see stagger being that much of a problem with all the aoe spam monkeys running around tbh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom