Population decline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

[PS]Mung

I've read a few posts (here and elsewhere) and I see a trend emerging already.
It looks like many people are discontinuing after the free month has expired.
Is this a sign of a more widespread decline in interest in Pside?

Would someone be so kind as to knock up a quick poll?

Are you continuing after the free month expires?

Yes
No
Maybe later

Thanks.

M

Maliz-

who cares. I like the game.

Do you really need a poll to help you deside if you like the game?

E

Esoteric

Yes probably keep the renew.

I used to love online fps's and this is the chocolate gateau with pink icecream ontop with sprinkles of 100's of 1000's and after that a hot girl to help you burn that energy with.

I could play counterstrike for days hours weeks esp with a good team.

Don't forget people may state they won't renew then say ahh sod it and not post the changed mind on bw.

They just need to sort the lag/bug issues out.

Oh and well said Maliz

P

[PS]Mung

Originally posted by Maliz-
who cares. I like the game.

Do you really need a poll to help you deside if you like the game?

I already know my own mind thank you.
Your opinion is you own, it does not represent everyones view; hence the poll.
I had imagined my post was quite clear, but obviously you read something into it.

I consider myself an "average gamer" and as such would expect the same feelings amongst a fair ammount of players. Although if you were to break it down into age groups etc, I'm sure you'd find all the kiddies love it, but the more mature gamers are bored by it quickly.
I personally gave it the benefit of the doubt and renewed for one month.

I'll expect you to vote "Yes" ,Maliz, should Xtro be so kind as to knock a poll up.
Hey it's better than just saying "TR are teh pwn ju" in every post.
(I still haven't worked that one out).

O

old.Pascalean

I suppose it's what you get with any new online game. First few days it's impossible to get on at all, the next week or two the servers are almost full, then the next few weeks the immediate hype starts to die down. All this reads on the stats as a population decline. And if it does get a bit quieter, look at it this way, less lag :)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I will stay at least until DE or EQ2 is out... PS is great fun most of the time.

My biggest concern is that the better part of my (great) outfit won't renew. :(
*whips Spinky with teh pimpstick*

K

Karam_gruul

i stopped playing. was enjoying it, but it really does get very repetetive after about a month max. im back on EQ now and havnt enjoyed myself as much in ages. PS was just a little.. fling, and will be for most people. you wont see people that play it for more than 2-3 months max.

J

Jupitus

Thanks Karam, that should at least encourage a few more to stay on :D

I think PS is a game that people will want to play on and off, for an hour here and there, once the initial fun wears off a bit. However, alot of the players may not be able to easily afford to pay subs for PS and SWG (for example) at once which is why we will see a population drop.

I just pre-ordered a copy of SWG for my lad, and if I decide to play it I'll likle nip on and delete one of his chars (booooo hissss you mean mean Dad!!!) to make room for me :) That said, I'm kinda lucky cos I can afford the subs for these games and more :p

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

EQ, of course, is not repetitive.
Nothing in life really is... :m00:

So Jup... you'll re-subscribe? I can somehow picture me as the only PL member on. :(
And that would just suck the cheese.

J

Jupitus

I'm not finished yet Unc, but playing a little bit less when it's very laggy for me - adsl soon I hope, that's when I wanna come kick ass.

I did play for about 1.5 hours Sunday morning when the population and lag was much less, and could easily see a huge difference in my effectiveness... I actually got a few kills! Go Me!!!

J

Jupitus

Sssshhhhhh!!!! They don't all know that!!!!!

<looks around to see if anyone noticed>

:p

G

Galewyr Dark

its always luck...i mean i was stood with ym back to jup whilst snipeing a tower...he missed....and a monkey, but the monkey had the gun.

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by Galewyr Dark
its always luck...i mean i was stood with ym back to jup whilst snipeing a tower...he missed....

... hmmm sounds like it might be true :p

J

Jonaldo

I think I shall continue for maybe 1-2 months tops.

I was hoping to use Planetside as a new means of picking up hot chicks and getting all cyb0ry on them but I've just been disappointed and ended up running round shooting people n stuff ;)

C

Cronn

I won't be renewing right away but I will get at least one extra month My sub runs out on the 28th, i'll wait 2 weeks or so then renew.

L

leggy

Won't be continuing for the time being.

The game runs like utter shit and I'd prefer not to be subjected to random fits of epilepsy.

M

mid_Efour

how long do they keep your charcters on "file" when you stop paying for them? anyone know.

P

[PS]Mung

Well I don't know, but strictly speaking you're not paying them any rent so what's to stop them from "evicting" them?

Evicting with a DEL key that is.

M

mid_Efour

Originally posted by [PS]Mung
Well I don't know, but strictly speaking you're not paying them any rent so what's to stop them from "evicting" them?

Evicting with a DEL key that is.

:scared:

T

Turamber

Originally posted by [PS]Mung
if you were to break it down into age groups etc, I'm sure you'd find all the kiddies love it, but the more mature gamers are bored by it quickly.

I'm 35 and must be a kiddie at heart because I'll renew. Sure it's probably not a game to play for hours & hours night-after-night but its good for a few hours of fun each week :)

O

old.Dillinja

Killer lag and repetitive gameplay stopped the fun for me. Might go back in a few weeks/months but most likely my copy will be in the cupboard gathering dust.

B

bone_idle

I'll carry on playing. I love it.

Its handy just to come home from work, stick your dinner in the oven, log on for 30 mins, get dinner, eat dinner.

Log back in again easy squads and carry on where you left off. Its the easy life. I just hate it at the end of the night when you have to be up at 06:30 am and the time is 01:30 and you have to stay for one last base cap. :D

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by Turamber
I'm 35 and must be a kiddie at heart because I'll renew. Sure it's probably not a game to play for hours & hours night-after-night but its good for a few hours of fun each week :)

I'm an old git too... playing PS doesn't require me to play 24/7 to compete with the kids who have alot more time to play than me so I enjoy it - how long that will last I dunno, but I'm pretty shite and enjoying the practice :p

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Gee... looks like us "old" people enjoy PS more than the majority of twitch-kids. :p

J

Jupitus

It's because we don't care that we die alot - get up, reload and try again :p

T

trafikk_jamm

I am an old git also :) well over 30 lol and i have renewed my subscription today.

Bah kids these days got no staying power :)

Katya BR19 VS
Trafikk BR9 vs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread