POP3 E-Mail

Clown

Part of the furniture
I need to buy a domain and some hosting that has POP3 e-mail, but I need recommendationisms for where to get the hosting from.

I doubt I will need too much bandwidth and stuff, but I just need to pick up my mail with Outlook.

Fanx.

Vae

Resident Freddy
I use www.34sp.com for several websites. £15 p.a. hosting for 30Mb and pop3 and .co.uk are £10 for 2 years.

They have superb support via forums, IRC, email or phone.

I also use www.webmania.co.uk which is £20 per year for 500 Mb space, 6Gb per month bandwidth and pop3. .co.uk is £15 for 2 years through them. I reckon 34sp probably has better support but I've had no problems with either (although I haven't needed to contact support much).

Clown

Part of the furniture
What would that include? A very stable box? I have a fileserver type thing running, that used to have my bouncer on it, but it's a Windows box. It needs formatting tho, so I can try anything if it isn't too hard.

Thanks for the suggestion Vae, I'll look into it when I have 'net at home :)

Clown

Part of the furniture
Oh, and I don't have static IP anymore.

Cyfr

Banned
I signed up to webmania last night, their support was great and i'm all up and running :)

Clown

Part of the furniture
Well, I'm all signed up to Webmania. Just need to wait for the DNS servers and stuff to update and I should have my very own email address!

123-reg is about 6 quid for 2 years .co.uk
I've changed the name servers to Webmania's ones. Do I need to change the MX or A records?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom