Poor sportsmanship

O

old.Korfbal_is_Kut

Choker, we can start one together... :) Got any ideas?

O

old.Mig

Course that UT has several stuff that are in the game and that ppl can be lamer with:
-tele binders, who always f** my fps
-ppl who (specialy on face) put themselfs with the piston near the portals.
-spaming
-etc......
but still if u want to have a 1st person shooter game with something new and good, not quake that is (like translocator, hammer, two fires to each weapon.......) that's a "risk u take".
and like u say if it's in the game it's in the game.
Mig

O

old.Goodtimes

Choker, some clan mates changed their nick to a more l33t way, i changed mine to that one mostly when we play in our server. Psipher caught me after one of the clan train nights (please check it in the stats if you doubt it). You can check the games logged, most come from Phalanx Server, it's nothing for stats, if you also check my ngid that is in the top20 you will see i haven't played much with that one, thats cause i'm sick of the ngstats ppl who just want to go up, nomatter if they are just camping inside the belt in Curse][ or if they are using suicide binds or any other lame tactic.

Choker, remember, this is just a game, if u are in top20 of stats maybe ppl will see ur nick but what does that mean? will i get a higher salary from my boss? will ppl look at me in the street and say: hey, thats |P|Goodtimes, he is in the top20!!! Will i get more chicks (woohooo...that would be nice)? Cheer up and good luck with ur new clan. I also saw that Dromer left TcP too, goodluck for him too :) We at phalanx server welcome u guys every night for CTF, TDM and DM all night long :)

All doubts lost? I hope so :)

------------------
...|P|Goodtimes

O

old.SENTINANT

LOOK YOU LOT
UT RULE 1 : IF ITS IN THE GAME, ITS IN THE GAME !!!!

SIMPLE

altough I do observe sportsman ship in game
I dont in compo's or clan matches or UK team matches and you would have a shock if u entered a serious compo and hadnt learnt to play underhanded or "bad sportsman like"
and you cant moan at people who dont have morals bacause of rule 1

you can only abuse or embarras them at the time
rule 2: any questions refer to rule 1

------------------

<LI> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> GIVE UP WHILE YOU STILL CAN !! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
<LI> SENTINANT@hotmail.com
<LI>CLAN&lt;XL&gt;
<LI> ICQ 47949107

J

Jace

"altough I do observe sportsman ship in game
I dont in compo's or clan matches or UK team matches "

Sportsmanship isn't a rule to follow, it's at the basis of all truly enjoyable sporting events.

There is plenty of room for sportsmanship at ALL levels of competition. I'm sorry but I hope you never make it into any UK team if that's your attitude :(

O

old.[SS]hol

Sentiant, I think the question is more what do you enjoy?
not actually taking you as an example, but is it winning that drives these people on?

winning what?

Why do you need to use these tactics, and underhand things?

What precisely does it gain you?

Is finishing top sooo much that people will deprive other people of any possibility of fun just to boost thier ego, and for what?

If its in the game, use it, but if its lame, think about it.

/me senses the word lame about to be defined....

-hol

T

Testin da Cable

how did that song go?
aha
"it's not what you do it's the way that you do it"

-tdc

------------------
-at work
and still reading
BWMB
heh-

O

old.SUp3rFM

Picture this

A DM single with a TCP vs some [P]'s, H's, Void's, etc... (no sitting ducks in this one)

Since they suicide if they see one of those players, the final score would be interesting.. By the other hand, I doubt if he would stay 'til the end :D

Anyway, stats mean what they are, a compliment for the game, not the real value of the players :)

I'm also quitting that stats crap, just use them to track down my games

Just my $.02

(First post here... I'm gonna spam this msb board :p )

------------------
|P|SUp3rFM
Phalanx Clan
http://www.phalanx-ut.com

O

old.Goodtimes

sup3r, |P| not [P]...duck...hihihih... :p...I will win the gay-o-dromo league, not you...: :eek::

------------------
...|P|Goodtimes

O

old.SUp3rFM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goodtimes:
sup3r, |P| not [P]...duck...hihihih... :p...I will win the gay-o-dromo league, not you...: :eek::
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hi :)

BW always marked us with [], not with pipes.. that's why :p

to win the gay-o-dromo league, u have to beat me, fool! Can you see now your ridiculous insinuations :p hehehe

------------------
|P|SUp3rFM
Phalanx Clan
http://www.phalanx-ut.com

O

old.Jools

Isn't it much nicer guys, to finish a game at the top, with your team winning, knowing that you have ripped out the other teamsliver and strung up their bollox, purely through better tactics and skill and throwing yourself madly into the game, rather than losing the match but getting the highest score because you spam, have a freaky skin, and spawn camp? The first way you can truly say you humiliated your opponents :-p and can now loot and pillage (ok too far maybe) whereas the latter - well the latter is for people with small penises. nuff said - pleeeeeeeeeeease close the damn topic!

O

old.Jools

oh by the way as this is page three can we have some charlies on here please?

J

Jace

I'm glad someone else knocked this one over 100 posts, how sad would I have been to have simply posted a message to break the 100 barrier? VERY :p

O

old.choker

yesterday i played a game of curse II and there was a player there who was simply amazing, Came on the server midst game when i was leading 6 frags or something.
This player went up spots like a rocket and even managed to overtake me in the end
Geez isn't that something eh ?

Hmm i got something wrong here, he would have been amazing if it had been a team game
because the thing he was really great at was 'securing' the shieldbelt and the surounding
area. I think in deathmatch the term 'securing' is usually substituted by 'camping at'
Now comes the really great part , the name of this low life : n33[MMX], yes surely a member of the same clan that was so eager to condemn tcp.
When i adressed him about it, he asked me what i wanted him to do. I told him that he shouldn't hang around the belt every 59 seconds of the minute. On wich he replied something like , "well you know how it is , i cant do that"

After this i cant help wondering if someone hasn't been calling the caddle black

J

Jace

LOL Choker. You really are totally clueless aren't you?

So you are comparing a player controlling the shield belt (a valid and sensible tactic) to suiciding to preserve stats? I was sorry to hear TcP folding however after this I gotta say it must be for the best if this is the way you see the game.

Don't attempt to blight someone else just cause you didn't come top in a game.

T

Testin da Cable

ummm...I was thinking about something, and the idea grew on me so much I decided to share it:

"all communities that grow beyond a given size suddenly require a control mechanism or regulation authority to function properly."

In other words, perhaps it's become time that UT players need a "higher power" to regulate stuff [such as sportsmanship/fair play etc.]

If the [shall I say it? yep:] "council" decrees something, it's word would be law. 'Cos it would represent the UT community as a whole with representatives from all clans and free agents, the whole shebang.

With such a body available to tell your woes to, with the power to take authorative action, would IMHO solve a lot of the problems aired in forums such as this one.

I'm quite sure this would be possible to create and manage. I'm also sure it's existence would be beneficial to the UT community in it's totallity.

[drumroll]
Your comments please....
[/drumroll]

-tdc

J

Jace

There are numerous problems involved with setting up and running a "Council", as it were, that have been demonstrated on different occasions on other games. An organisation such as this would only be of use if players listened to it and that simply isn't going to happen as people will invariably do their own thing, as has been domeonstrated in this thread :(.

Also remember that this is simply a past time or fringe interest for most people so the introduction of any sort of regulatory body might well be over the top.

I think that, specifically with this suicide issue, that everyone is in agreement that it is very unsporting so as such involvement from a governing body would not be advantageous.

O

old.SUp3rFM

Originally posted by choker
I told him that he shouldn't hang around the belt every 59 seconds of the minute. On wich he replied something like , "well you know how it is , i cant do that"

Hmm.. So.. N33 was standing there for 59 secs? So.. you were dumb enough the go there all the time and get killed? Shouldn't you be out there looking for other opponents to shoot at? Or.. were you concerned with your stats, in the way that you lost so many time suiciding and respawning that N33 wipped your ass?

As Borg said, controlling the shield is a VALID tactic. Don't even try to compare controlling vital areas to suiciding and being a STATS WHORE.
Up_to_something.gif

shockwhore.gif

O

old.[MMX]NinjaGaz

As usual I'm posting about the whole thing :) Just been brought up cos of something Choker said. Anyway... Here goes :)
--

Choker said ages ago:

"We don't pretend to be the best of the best, and we are quite fully aware that some off us are probably overrated in the stats since a lot of Extremely skilled players like nailz ,the fury ,all [KEG]"

In fact KEG were the early stats whores and in fact newbie bashers. Always leaving the servers when a good player came along and never playing each other. Hmm.

--
Cyberpimp (TcP's leader) said:

"Every SMART stats player suicides when he's TO low on health"

I think everyone blaming the whole clan for these lame suicide tactics has now been justified.
---
Goodtimes wrote :

"DaFury: are u saing that [H]Giggs, [H]Maiyart, Milio from OC clan, |P|Phoenix, |P|Sup3rFM and some others can't kick nailz ass? hehehe...just teasing u, nailz is one of the best in DM (but not the best )."

Yes he could. They're all crap :D. Not really but Nailz is probably top 3 in Europe. Although the Americans are even better from what Nailz says (although they had ping advantage ;). /me spits at the Americans. He he :)
---
Concerning Chokers post about people not having one account. Well another cheat (Which I've seen done :) ) is to remove your password in-game when you know you are doing bad.. thus the results dont matter. I wont mention his name cos hes a cool guy.. but, erm.. he did kinda play for TcP too! Until we pulled him out :).

I myself use lots of nicknames (LOTS). As everyone says, playing with stats can make the game less fun because you worry about your reputation and your stats. I do end up doing this and so start using fake nicks because its a more relaxing game yet I still get to see the results and approximately how well I've done (efficiency). A lot of people DO find stats good, but rankings and sometimes efficiency is only worthy is the player doesn't exploit any of the many different opportunities to increase that amount. I can honestly say my stats are true to me. I dont leave servers when I get my ass kicked, I dont suicide bind, I dont camp, I dont spam. There are still alot of people out there who do this. The hardcore players do know and respect players who did this far more than the ones who cheat in the stats - even if they are a better player.

Basically, your stats is a reputation thing. By cheating and getting to no 1 you get respect of newbies. By playing well with a good attitude you get respect of the hardcore players. Up to you which path you chose.

btw that went general and not just aimed at Choker :)

---

/me continues his typically long post :D

---

Oh CTF rankings are also shite. Check out the top 20 players and you will find maybe two players who deserve to be there. The rest are lame Face Huggers (People who only play face). From my knowledge, UT2000 is the only guy who genuinely deserves to be up there (out of those who record stats).

---

Well.. I think I'll finish there :) Yer all probably bored :)

I'll talk about the N33 thing in his post >:)

O

old.choker

ok to adress the last postings

borg >

no i am not clueless
Camping at the belt is considered lame by the majority of the players, sure trying to get the belt as many times as you can is sensible
No i don't compare it to suiciding but i do believe that if you make allergations like you did you sure as hell got to make sure your own nose is clean

superfm >

yup it was stupid for me to go up there every time when i knew someone with a belt and rockets was wainting/camping there. but i am kind of a hardhead and a sucker for punishment. Though i prolly lost the game to him because of my own whopping 15 deaths at the hands of this camper

ninjagaz >

you could be right about keg, i wouldn't know i was a newbie myself at the time and got my ass bashed hard by one of their players

J

Jace

"no i am not clueless
Camping at the belt is considered lame by the majority of the players, sure trying to get the belt as many times as you can is sensible
No i don't compare it to suiciding but i do believe that if you make allergations like you did you sure as hell got to make sure your own nose is clean "

Not allegations, FACT.

My nose is perfectly clean, I know my team mates very well and trust each one of them to play fair . . . but unlike you I wouldn't try to defend them if they didn't.

Along with my nose I also have clean breath, yours must truly stink of excrement from all the shit you talk.

O

old.Davehart

Poor "sport"manship? It's only a game mates. If your crap, why be a twat and sulk. If your good, just don't be a smug bastard, or no-one will like you.

:)

"Dave has spoken", dont happen much but when it does, My god......

O

old.choker

>Not allegations, FACT.

NO you acused the entire TcP clan of suicide tactics
These are allergations. And i still am positive that the majority of (ex-)tcp players dont have a suicide key bound

T

Testin da Cable

Jace:

after some thought I'd have to agree with you [re: the regulatory body thing]. Too bad: now I can think of more reasons why it won't happen than why it would [or should].

-tdc

O

old.SUp3rFM

Originally posted by choker
>And i still am positive that the majority of (ex-)tcp players dont have a suicide key bound

w0w... Oh yes? uh... who are they? Never heard of them... That's strange, right? If they are such loyal and good players shouldn't they be well placed at the stats?

The grave is getting bigger :)

O

old.choker

>w0w... Oh yes? uh... who are they? Never heard of them... >That's strange, right? If they are such loyal and good >players shouldn't they be well placed at the stats?

I for one never had a suicide key bound and was 19 in the stats when i chose not to play with the {TcP} tag anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom