Poor sportsmanship

T

Testin da Cable

ooh three days w/o posts.
has our glorious topic finally died?

-tdc

O

old.Mig

Yeah let the topic die as it should, specially don't post stuff that are not related to the topic :p

T

Testin da Cable

perhaps I should say something on-topic then, to see if I can reanimate it hehe.

Yesterday I was testing my rig after having reinstalled my stuff and I selected a random deathmatch server [can't remember the one] to see if I could get UT to crash like [for me] it normally did.

Anyway I popped into Stalwart but I wasn't paying attention cos I was reading the logfile I had made of UT starting up. After I switched back to UT I saw to my suprise that I was alive and well standing in a hallway. Around me a rather intense shockrifle battle was happening wiv blue flashes and explosions and gibs flying everywhere. The thing is nobody shot me! I had popped into the midst of a raging battle, remained motionless, and everyone ignored me!

I for one thought this was extremely cool [kudos to everyone there! I really should have paid more attention to who you were] ie. not to shoot someone who is just spawned into a level. After all a [whats in a name] 'spawnling' is, more or less, helpless specially when dropped into a level with their back to some bloke wiv a shockrifle. No contest at all.
Much more fun [and satisfaction] to smack down someone who's got a big gun than a bloke with a itsy bitsy enforcer IMHO.

Well, to make a long post longer, I have decided not to blast spawnlings anymore. I've done it, 'specially when they happen to pop up in front of me say two or three meters away. Sort of an automatic response wiv the flack you know.

Not poor, but sportmanship I'd say.

Uh-oh gotta work now.

-tdc

O

old.[MMX]NinjaGaz

Just thought I'd say that about the council thingy... its not actually needed. I think the community itself regulates the community. This is an example in itself.

By loads of people furiously criticising dummies like ex-TcP, [PO]Guildmaster, Campers or whatever the majority of people who have an respect or part in the community will learn that its bad to do that sort of thing.

They earn little respect and are degraded in the eyes of other players in terms of quality. I am sure that many of TcP were good players... maybe even Guildmaster (although I doubt it :)) but in the communities eyes they were nothing more than cheats.

Other UT players who see this, hear the word begin to play the game properly. If they do have a complaint they can usually take it to the irc channel or ask around and someone will sort it.

Its us that makes this community far better than that of Quake and Counter Strike (I have had little experience with these and each was either very flamatory or racist every time :().

There are exception. There are always exceptions but overall.. we know we are the best :D

T

Testin da Cable

gads! you woke the thread up!

seriously tho, after much thought I [also] do not think that a regulatory body would be [accepted by the pigheaded lot that is thee, me and the rest of the UT community] beneficial to the community as a whole. Iwas gonna type more but im too tired. gonna sleep.

O

old.SUp3rFM

You should have gone to bed before writing yer post... Now you have wakened all the Gods of Mighty Flames! *sigh*

T

Testin da Cable

fie! let the gods come! I challenge 'em to strike me down.
bwahahaha!
You're right. I should have gone to bed cos I was a wreck at work. I was up because I'd been to see "The Cell" [movie] wiv my S.O. It was ok. Wierd, but ok.

-tdc

O

old.SUp3rFM

Patch 432 says...

- suicides are counted as deaths.

Guess u can close this thread now.

I wonder how the ex-tcp players gonna stand up in the stats? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom