Pooooooooor Scotland

L

L_Plates

Originally posted by leggy
Get over it, I was merely ranting. Do I criticise you for your endless spamming?

Damn you got me i spam ,

who the fuck doesnt.

I

icemaiden

Fair enough Scotland getting hammered 6-0 was a bit erm crap, however i must've missed the thread saying well done for Scotland winning the first game against Holland.
Quite a few of you have moaned about the attitudes of Scottish people when England are playing, no wonder though tbh. We've spent years hearing about England winning the world cup etc, and generally being put down by English ppl on several levels, sometimes it's just nice for us to cheer when England are getting hammered.
Oh and as for the comment that was made about Rangers and Celtic not making it in "the premiership", we managed to beat Blackburn, Liverpool and Man Utd in last few seasons so we can't be that bad :p

T

throdgrain

We've spent years hearing about England winning the world cup etc, and generally being put down by English ppl on several levels, sometimes it's just nice for us to cheer when England are getting hammered.

Just my point. Sorry, but we did win the world cup. It was a long time ago, get over it. The Scottish seem to me sometimes to have a wierd inferiority complex when the English are discussed. Im PROUD that the Scottish are part of the United Kingdom, and the Scots regiments have fought and died for us over the years in all the wars and conflicts we have been involved in. But a lot of Scots seem to have this attitude that we think they are subservient to us English, and that its ok for them, and the Australians to slag us off and we should say "oh how quaint the ginger people dont like us , ho ho ho".
Stuff that matey. You slag us off, and we'll slag you off. You crow when we lose, we'll do the same.
Oh and by the way, I find the pop star mentality of football tedious as well these days, Ive lost almost all interest in it :(

W

Wij

It's true. The scots generally piss themselves laughing when England do crap at football. They cheer for every team that plays against us (and I work with 50% scottish people.) That makes it kinda hard to give a fuck when Scotland get thrashed. :)

L

L_Plates

Originally posted by throdgrain
Just my point. Sorry, but we did win the world cup. It was a long time ago, get over it. The Scottish seem to me sometimes to have a wierd inferiority complex when the English are discussed. Im PROUD that the Scottish are part of the United Kingdom, and the Scots regiments have fought and died for us over the years in all the wars and conflicts we have been involved in.

I totally agree there.

Im love the scots they always stand by us in any troubles.

When i laughed i was laugthing at the score NOT the scots.

T

Trem

I have to say I have never been so elated as I was when Gazza scored that goal against Scotland at Wembley, that was truly an awesome moment as far as watching England goes.

T

throdgrain

Euro 90-something :) I remember that game well m8, if not the date :)

T

Trem

I have to say on the whole, the Scottish people are a much nicer, friendlier race than the English, I have always got on better with our celtic neighbours. Of course I get on really well with Throddy but he's French.

T

Testin da Cable

I was slightly hoping that Scotland would utterly own Holland. Sadly that didn't happen, but I didn't really care too much because as I've mentioned I have a rather dim view of football/players/fans in general.

having the scores read out to me by Thom Yorke was a bit of a plus though ;)

L

L_Plates

Originally posted by Testin da Cable
I was slightly hoping that Scotland would utterly own Holland. Sadly that didn't happen, but I didn't really care too much because as I've mentioned I have a rather dim view of football/players/fans in general.

having the scores read out to me by Thom Yorke was a bit of a plus though ;)

Read out by who ?

[.img]PIC HERE[/img]

L

L_Plates

oh i thought it was gonna be some sexy babe :/

T

Testin da Cable

contrary to popular belief, I actually meet blokes every now and then. it's just the crowd of screaming, cheering females surrounding me that tends to hide them from view.

R

Rekin

Anyone who was in the same pub as me last night would scoff at the idea of the English backing the Scots. A cheer accompanied every single Dutch goal that went in. Were the people cheering Dutch? No, they were ALL english. Backing the home nations my arse.

B

Big G

People take it way too seriously. It's only football.

whocares.jpg

EDIT:- Does that pic breach the T's & C's? I thought it was appropriate, but I shall remove if need be. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom