Poll: Worst thing about being caster

Hotrats

Fledgling Freddie
Ice/earth theurg wasn't especially overpowered even before SC and epic armor, everyone had capped cold resist as it was such a common resist on drops at the time and pets were not immune to mezz/root :(

Its ironic however that next patch a ice/earth theurg will in fact be one of the best casters in the game, mostly because of all the improvements to the pets :)

Azmath/Delarith

Fledgling Freddie
one of teh probs also fire wizys use to own back in teh day before sced armour then middies/hibbies complain about bolt doing way to much dammage so it got nerfed so lv 50 bolt then was nerfed stil doing great dmamage but not uber u know

but then came along sced armour as said before now peeps ca get 50%+ resists to heat and also they did not put back teh dammage of fight bolt to its normal so = was nerfed cos of dammag then also nerfed again cos of resists we sacrefice hp and af for dammage now atm we have no hp low af and low dammage out put i know somone lv 50 wizzy think he was rr6+ Anric a lot of the old ppl wil lprobs know him not long after nerfing bolt and then after scing he stoped playing he had over 6 lv 50s said the class he wanted to play and teh calss he loved to paly was no longer the class it was and there for game over spoiled as soon as all this new scing and stuff came in in a way its made teh game one way now is not dark age of camelot its dark age of tankelot there for somthing needs to be done about it u read storys of camelot and of knights and wizzys and stuff wizzards wher eteh most feared of all cos of uber dammage and are hard to kill now ppl fear teh royal jester in camelot more then wizzys.

anyone agree with me plz say so and if ppl going to flame me feel free if i got somthing wrong tell em about it plz do thanx peace out

Skeggi

Fledgling Freddie
Pitspawn said:
Could list a thousand things but ultimately ...

Being a caster you are often the first targetted and first to die. The rest of the group rakes in rp while you take a dirt nap. Fucking annoying tbh.

Mythic should award realm points to those dead in the group. After all they may not be contributing to the group since they are dead but whatever they did before hand may have made a big difference. (For instance a sorc does an ae mezz but a tank purges it, kills the sorc but the alb group win the battle because of the initial mezz)

Being a pac healer I totally agree here! :cheers:

/edit: About those interrupts: stop whining! Casters have quickcast, healers don't ... awww poor us ;p

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
well azmath i dont know the facts but you make a valid point

making casters strong vs sc'd people = making them insanely uber vs non sc'd people

but mythic also wants "casual gamers" to be able to compete in rvr

= gimped casters :[

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
interupts, the other night i was mucking about in df and came accross a savage and a shammie, i stunned the shammie then i qc stunned the savage, but apparantly they were still attacking me so i couldnt cast my debuff then nuke nuke etc and therefore died which was kind of shit.

Mythic have said though they have no intention of fixing this bug

Pandemic

Fledgling Freddie
Asty said:
1. low hp and paper armor
2. lack of det
3. high resists
4. interrupts

what do U think?

Imo, interrupts

Note: this is not a wajn thread :m00:

advantages - you get to hit me and everyone else around me for up to 1200 damage every 1 sec i get to hit only you (assuming i dont hit pbt or miss) for far less far more slowly

disadvantages - your very weak so if you and all the other casters are successfully interupted (no moc up for any caster and tanks / support interupting you) your dead

so its all down to interuption - and mythic are looking at possible interuption done to tanks by casters.

on the plus side pbaoe grps with all power relics can farm a crazy amount of rp's very quickly. not so great being a caster without them though.

Solarius

Fledgling Freddie
Pandemic said:
advantages - you get to hit me and everyone else around me for up to 1200 damage every 1 sec i get to hit only you (assuming i dont hit pbt or miss) for far less far more slowly

disadvantages - your very weak so if you and all the other casters are successfully interupted (no moc up for any caster and tanks / support interupting you) your dead

so its all down to interuption - and mythic are looking at possible interuption done to tanks by casters.

on the plus side pbaoe grps with all power relics can farm a crazy amount of rp's very quickly. not so great being a caster without them though.

The chance of any caster, even with 3x power relics and their target having no resists in the damage type of the spell, hitting for that kind of damage is so slim you'd need a damn good magnifier to see it. the very maximum a spell can hit for is 3x delve, for the very top PBAoE spell (lvl 48 Wiz/Eld/Ench/SM) is 325, so with a top crit against a grey con target with no resists you *could* hit for around 1400. If I saw that more than once a year I'd be putting on a lottery ticket next day. Against a yellow this chance goes down. And just to be able to pull that off, the caster would have to have spent 24 RA points for the MoC, and be able to cast uninteruppted once every half an hour, and hope that s/he doesn't get stunned/mezzed or any of the other ways to counter MoC.

Average DPS for a caster right now (assuming they are able to cast untroubled) would probably compare right now to that of a fully buffed, fully SC'd heavy tank. Which is fine, if the tank took more than a couple of seconds to reach the caster and nullify them totally redundant, or if the heavy tank was affected even slightly by the CC available to the caster, but in todays RvR neither of these are true.

Noone wants a return to the 'godly' casters from before, but then people who do play casters certainly don't enjoy their current place of walking RPs for the tanks, or as I've heard it so delightfully put before, a 1000hp ablative for healers/tanks.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Most casters i know hate the fact that they get killed almost instantaneously.

Sometimes we kill 2-3 fg's with a strong GG and rake in a nice stash of rp's, but the poor mage has beeen rezzed 3 times during the fight and got less than half what the rest of us get even though he/she did a great chunk of the damage or took out their healer before biting the dust :(

Another annoyance is that a grey pet can interrupt a caster, this seriously needs to be addressed imo.

Bom

Fledgling Freddie
"a 1000hp ablative for healers/tanks."

haha i like that 1, so true

Zede

Part of the furniture
Just double the melee damage shield for Cloth Casters.

Cloth of Steel :)

Buffer

Fledgling Freddie
Pitspawn said:
Aye yes I overlooked that. Last night was running a small guild group and had one of our paladins keeping near me, slamming enemies that attacked our casters and he had guard on me. At one point i had a hero come up and started to attack me. The guard meant that almost every swing made on me was blocked and i nuked him at pb range :clap:

Shame most paladins hate playing defence :( Also a shame that guard is pretty crap vs duel wield classes :/

I can only really speak for midgard classes, but i think a lot of tanks(warriors) misunderstand their role, esp in pve, their job is to hold aggro not do major dmg output. let the casters nuke to death, just taunt the mobs constantly.
I see warriors in pve groups using 2h weapons, so theyve instantly lost guard ability on any healer or caster who takes aggro, result caster starts taking dmg, cant cast and may die.

Fortunately my sm has had the pleasure of playing with two superb tanks while we leveled up. All Kobolds with high dex, block rate from guard on me is insane. I just cast away and pbaoe to my hearts delight. Im not slagging warriors theres loads of good ones.

Ofc rvr/pvp is different, red mist sometimes sets in for all tank/light tank classes, im sure we all do it, I know I have and still do at times.

And to keep it on topic.
Interrupts are the most annoying thing from my point of view. Im casting and i have bladeturn(single one off bt not pbt) up but if attacked and bladeturn goes down im interrupted. Why? They missed i should not be interrupted. Same as if they miss for whatever reason: ie fumble or natural miss. I should be able to cast not have to wait a few seconds. I think if they changed that casters would be more viable in rvr.

Greenfingers

Fledgling Freddie
combo of paper armor and interupts...

but mostly the paper armor .. maybe up it to 5%? :worthy:

Pandemic

Fledgling Freddie
the huge cost of time involved after all to get to rr9 chanter = 6 weeks to get to rr 9 warr = 2 years omfg nerf warriors

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom