Poll: Should Mythic/GOA introduce European TL's?

Do you think European players should have their own TL's

• Yes - I think European players should have their own TL's

Votes: 127 75.6%
  • No - I do not think European should have their own TL's

Votes: 31 18.5%
  • I do not know/wish to vote.

Votes: 10 6.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
GReaper said:
Don't just look at the TL reports as the only form of communication. Team leads as well as other beta testers are asked for feedback on changes on their private forums (supposedly), we just can't see any of it.

and that precisely is what is quite scary.

Reading posts from some TLs automatically lead to the conclusion that we have some total eggheads giving feedback on testing etc, kinda explains why DAoC is like it is in some aspects though heh ;)

The former VampTL Macatho is a striking example here, same for the AlbionRVRTL, same can be said about alot of the TLs that has come and gone through the years. Very very few of them have appeared as good solid TL's in my eyes.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
No, gameplay varies from server to server but the classes don't other than the fact we're typically 1-2 patches behind. I can't see why the issues raised by euro TLs would be any different from the US ones.

That's not to say I think the average TL does a good job atm, but I don't think it would be any different over here.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Void959 said:
No, gameplay varies from server to server but the classes don't other than the fact we're typically 1-2 patches behind. I can't see why the issues raised by euro TLs would be any different from the US ones.

That's not to say I think the average TL does a good job atm, but I don't think it would be any different over here.

hmm, if I put it this way:

We are on 1.82 in EU atm, 1.84 is under dev in US atm and discussions are ofc beeing held in private places where TLs are involved aswell as ppl from Mythic, US play with 1.83 that holds quite many changes that we in EU havent had the chanse to play properly with yet and US had it for a bit already. Meaning, we know what 1.83 will change for us, we dont know how the dynamics between the realms will look like though, we dont know anything, we can only guess. That imo is vital information you need before you are able to give any kind of feedback based on the games balance etc. Longstanding issues are ofc the same patch through patch but those are what they are, not something TLs will contribute to changing over a night, those get fixed when Mythic realise its a problem. Having TLs in europe wont really aid in fixing those.
GOA however can probably bring it up to discussion with Mythic if enough people are voiced through the informationssystem we already have with the E&E's.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
I'm really happy with the Ranger TL tbh
Can't say the same for the responses that Mythic give him

I'd much rather have a test server than a EU TL.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Azathrim said:
If you notice, the first attack came from an E&E who said the same thing about TL's which you now defend the E&E's for. /shrug
|The US players are the first to attack the TLs, mainly because they read the notes before we do, and on VN where the TLs talk to players about issues, then in their reports raise nothing about whats discussed.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Svartmetall said:
I don't think we should have our own TLs, but I think the TLs should be chosen from the whole playerbase and not just automatically the US one.
its hard to pick one from eu tho coz he cant comment on changes till 3 months later -.-

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Aiteal said:
I'm really happy with the Ranger TL tbh
Can't say the same for the responses that Mythic give him

I'd much rather have a test server than a EU TL.

agree with that Larian a good one, one of the few :) He have always strived for balance in most cases, he just have an eye for it, which a majority of the TLs totally lack, he's also a nice guy with some humour :)

Funnies I've read was probably the MincerTLs report a year ago or so, was basically asking for... godmode.

Testserver, I dunno, its good for testing new specs and such, and also for testing damages, I think GOA should implement some way for us in EU to do similar things in an easy way instead of total respec that cost alot for us.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
Testserver, I dunno, its good for testing new specs and such, and also for testing damages, I think GOA should implement some way for us in EU to do similar things in an easy way instead of total respec that cost alot for us.

Yeah, a test server would be really nice. Perhaps something to use the Camlann hardware for? ;)

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
well i think they already take feedback from euro players and maybe even read these boards... and since europe is thier biggest market(?) now its a possibility i guess.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
There have been EU based TLs in the past. Also the TLs accept feedback and comments from all players regardless of their home server.
The only requirements for being a TL are that you are an active player and have access to Pendragon. The only requirements for taking part in the TL program in any other way are that you can write in English and have an internet connection.

Gamah

Banned
requiel said:
Remember that the TLs are supposed to represent all players from all servers and so they should accept feedback and comments from European players as well - either through the TL contact form on the Herald or informally through the variosu forums that they may be active on (VN boards, Critshot, Drunken Friar etc).
While I can see that this is something the European players want, I'm not convinced that it would be useful to Mythic or good for the community. If the Euro TL for a class and the US TL for a class sent in different reports and were providing different opinions on the internal forums, I can't see that being good for the players of that class. If they don't disagree then one of them is redundant.

Looks like we won't be getting Euro TL's

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
There still is at least one Euro based TL - Sapphic lives in the UK (Paladin TL) as did Greggar before her.

They play on US servers though.

I see being TL as a totally thankless task. In order to do a good job, I'd reckon you should have played other classes in order to see the downsides and upsides in all of them, but people also whine if you're not out 24 x 7 on the class you're representing. Whatever you do you'd get whined at !

If things changed and we got patches at the same time as the US, or at least had access to Pendragon, then it might be worth just picking the TLs from the whole community, a new set of TLs wouldn't be worth it.

Darzil

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Sanya's email

This is the responce i got from Sanya, on givig E & E, access to US internal test servers, for new expansions and content testing. I was hinting at giving them free accounts on internal servers, not coping there data across databases from Eu to US. Think she might of got the wrong end of the stick on that point

-------------------------

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 12:02 PM
To: sanya_AT_mythic etc
Subject: european eyes and ears

hi there,

On the EU servers we have E & E (eyes and ears) who act as voluntary CSR's
to some degree and also test the new patches on the EU servers. It would be

a nice gesture, since the Eu daoc population exceeeds the us one to allow
those E&E to test on pendragon or internal servers prior to expansions
going live.

Oh by the way i am not an E & E member :)

To:
scorge
RE: european eyes and ears

If it were that easy, I'd have already requested it :)

The trouble is that one needs a North American account and software in order
to even get to Pendragon. It's not a simple flag, it's an entirely different
database maintained by two companies.

GOA is like a franchisee. Not exactly, but close enough for this analogy.
They are totally separate from us, and we know nothing about their customers
except what they tell us (and what players such as yourself send me).

Sorry :(

Sanya M. Weathers
Director of Community Relations
Mythic Entertainment
http://www.camelotherald.com

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
scorge said:
This is the responce i got from Sanya, on givig E & E, access to US internal test servers, for new expansions and content testing. I was hinting at giving them free accounts on internal servers, not coping there data across databases from Eu to US. Think she might of got the wrong end of the stick on that point

-------------------------

already got one E&E on there :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
closing this as it's an old poll that keeps getting bumped by votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom