Poll: Should Mythic/GOA introduce European TL's?

Do you think European players should have their own TL's

• Yes - I think European players should have their own TL's

Votes: 127 75.6%
  • No - I do not think European should have their own TL's

Votes: 31 18.5%
  • I do not know/wish to vote.

Votes: 10 6.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamah

Banned
We are stupidly underrepresented by our American TL's..I think Euro players should have TL's too to provide feedback from the european community. Do you?

Puppet

Part of the furniture
If TL's actually had *any* authority in the last 5 years, then yes...

But tbh I dont see TL's as all that useful. Once every 2-3 months they are allowed to type a 750 characters message, what some special trained monkey answers with 4 possible choices:

* Need more input
* Under consideration
* Sorry this is by design
* Thank you for your input, we will consider this somewhere in the future

It doesnt actually matter if the TL's ask for something reasonable or not, in the end Mythic just changes stuff and adds stuff to their own insights. Perfect example is the paladin base-STR buff.

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
i think Mythic is listening better and better. The last few patches are a nice improvement.

Now some PvP server love :>

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Hahah, suchs naivity Puppet. The TL's do far more than that. That's the only thing we see directly though. By the same token it's easy to claim that the E&E's do nothing and are only in it for the titel and the access to a proper test server. Right Puppet?

And talking of a proper test server. No EU TL's as we don't have that here. :)

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
I think we deffo should have TLs.
Even if they dont do THAT mutch. at least they do more then nothing. and GoA/Mythic might listen to them. who knows ;)

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
over 50% of the ppl playing daoc plays on GoAs servers. Would be nice with our own tls.
Thou i kinda agree with puppet, i dont se the tls having vary much power. Even if we dont get our own tls (we wont tbh) you can just send in feedback to the us ones. As long as it comes from somebody playing daoc i cant se it matter if hes us or euro.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
I'd like to see a selection of EU players get access to Mythic's private forums, maybe throw in a free account which can only used on Pendragon.

Given that half the playerbase are on GOA's servers, it would be nice to get some direct input towards Mythic instead of relying on someone else to try and give feedback for you.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
GReaper said:
I'd like to see a selection of EU players get access to Mythic's private forums, maybe throw in a free account which can only used on Pendragon.

Given that half the playerbase are on GOA's servers, it would be nice to get some direct input towards Mythic instead of relying on someone else to try and give feedback for you.

Agree with that tbh

Your one of the people that should, you have that many ml10 alts its silly ;p

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Everyone here is freely able to contact the USA TL's with feedback I think having more for the Euro servers would be a bad idea.

But having said that it would be nice if Mythic appreciated the Euro community and allowed us some direct input, the first two that spring to mind :-

• Access to pendragon (cant see how this would ever technicaly happen but im just saying it would be nice)
  • Select our servers from the feedback form :)

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Remember the polls we often answer?

Those are for a great part made by Mythic and the result delivered directly back to Mythic.

On the subject of the TL's... Yeah, ofcourse there are inactive TL's that hardly do squat. Just as with the E&E's.

But there is also a great amount of other TL's that really put an effort in. The reports are just the tip of the iceberg and mostly meant to show a portion of what they are doing to the community. Most of the rest of the effort done is on the internal boards though.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
I don't think we should have our own TLs, but I think the TLs should be chosen from the whole playerbase and not just automatically the US one.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
I don't think we should have our own TLs, but I think the TLs should be chosen from the whole playerbase and not just automatically the US one.

If we had access to Pendragon... agreed. :)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Azathrim said:
Hahah, suchs naivity Puppet. The TL's do far more than that. That's the only thing we see directly though. By the same token it's easy to claim that the E&E's do nothing and are only in it for the titel and the access to a proper test server. Right Puppet?

And talking of a proper test server. No EU TL's as we don't have that here. :)

Not quite sure what E&E's have to do with anything, but oh well, random bashing is always fun, I suppose.

Can you give me a few examples of what the TL's do and what they managed to get done ? Because most class-improvements (changes) arent the result of TL's, but because of Mythics own 'insights'.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
I kind of thought that went without saying.

So I...er...didn't say it.

Never expect the obvious. Do we have a test server here in Europe that is not just reserved for the few priviliged?

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
voted no because of a few things...

1) the TLprogram isnt good, mainly because of what I have seen some TLs write, and tbh, they are not ever seeking balance, usually their requests are very very selfish. The people with an important voice affecting the game should be as unbiased as possible, and also actively play the games on several levels. This is not how it is today. If I'd get to choose a TL I would always pick someone who played all realms first of all, that PvEd alot, and RVRd alot and have a generally good sense about balance overall. Then and only then would I be able to actually trust any information given by the person, otherwise its biased bullshit that cannot be trusted. Dont know how much you lot have read the Whineboards but... some stuff some TLs have written are truly horrific and my first reaction was just: How in hell did that guy ever get such a position.

2) The patchlag, EU is behind US and thus EU can never have a perfectly clear picture of exactly what is going on the game. Access to Pendragon wouldnt aid here since Pendragon is nothing like the real game where you see how things are used/abused/overpowered in multiple different ways, etc etc. You just cant get the same experience on a testserver with so little ppl playing it. Its nice for static testing of abilitys and such but you never see the whole picture which is what is most important imo.

3) The whole model with TLs is junk, pure junk. It should be professionals doing that job, not some wannabe's. Devs need to play the game, or we end up with a mess, just like DAoC is sometimes. (zerkers, savages, warlocks, lifetap+moc, ml9, banelord, etc etc). There are a ton of disasters in DAoC that easily could have been avoided if Mythic bothered with having professional people doing proper testing as a job, those people can be found everywhere in the game, take GReaper, a guy with alot of knowledge about mechanics and balance and he is a resourse that could be used, use such resourses to make DAoC a better game and DAoC would be tons better. (GReaper is just an example, it exist more people ofc). TL's.. pfffff

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
voted no because of a few things...

1) the TLprogram isnt good, mainly because of what I have seen some TLs write, and tbh, they are not ever seeking balance, usually their requests are very very selfish. The people with an important voice affecting the game should be as unbiased as possible, and also actively play the games on several levels. This is not how it is today. If I'd get to choose a TL I would always pick someone who played all realms first of all, that PvEd alot, and RVRd alot and have a generally good sense about balance overall. Then and only then would I be able to actually trust any information given by the person, otherwise its biased bullshit that cannot be trusted. Dont know how much you lot have read the Whineboards but... some stuff some TLs have written are truly horrific and my first reaction was just: How in hell did that guy ever get such a position.

2) The patchlag, EU is behind US and thus EU can never have a perfectly clear picture of exactly what is going on the game. Access to Pendragon wouldnt aid here since Pendragon is nothing like the real game where you see how things are used/abused/overpowered in multiple different ways, etc etc. You just cant get the same experience on a testserver with so little ppl playing it. Its nice for static testing of abilitys and such but you never see the whole picture which is what is most important imo.

3) The whole model with TLs is junk, pure junk. It should be professionals doing that job, not some wannabe's. Devs need to play the game, or we end up with a mess, just like DAoC is sometimes. (zerkers, savages, warlocks, lifetap+moc, ml9, banelord, etc etc). There are a ton of disasters in DAoC that easily could have been avoided if Mythic bothered with having professional people doing proper testing as a job, those people can be found everywhere in the game, take GReaper, a guy with alot of knowledge about mechanics and balance and he is a resourse that could be used, use such resourses to make DAoC a better game and DAoC would be tons better. (GReaper is just an example, it exist more people ofc). TL's.. pfffff
Excellent ideas mate. If you had to condense this into a few lines to send to Mythic/GOA what would your most wanted bits be? Or in other words how would you sell it to Mythic/GOA? I too feel we need some sort of community representation but I don't think EU TL's arew the way to go. DAoC is just plainly and simply played differently in EU compared to US.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah we need some EU TLs as that would give Mythic a chance to ignore EU people aswell would be only fair imo.
Pip for Warlock TL!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
i really cant see why it would work. i mean, Mythic is hardly even listening to the TL's THEY have. i imagine they wouldent give a rats arse about what we think.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Svartmetall said:

aye :)

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
#1 - It wouldn't make any difference to the game.
#2 - Euro TLs would probably be selected from the E&Es who're pretty clueless anyway.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Escape said:
#2 - Euro TLs would probably be selected from the E&Es who're pretty clueless anyway.
You aint all that yaself. Again another clueless attack on E&E, we are volunteers here to help other players and report gaming issues, not one of us ever claimed to know it all about the game or that we are in anyway special, we get nothing for our troubles when people ask us for help.

Im sure in fact Mythic would choose carefully the TLs from players who are level headed, reasonable and have mastered their class, which rules me and especially you out.

Nice poll btw, about time someone asked a sensible question, yes I do think euro should be supported in the TLs, as we have very different angles on the way things are done from what Ive read.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Andrilyn said:
Yeah we need some EU TLs as that would give Mythic a chance to ignore EU people aswell would be only fair imo.
Pip for Warlock TL!

Moshi for Bonedancer TL. I bet you could really level out that class!.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Escape said:
#1 - It wouldn't make any difference to the game.

I would attack you on point 2 but point 1 already proofs you're a moron so I won't bother.

Let me guess you're one of those guys who whines hardest about taxes etc but who doesn't bother to vote?

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Pirkel said:
I would attack you on point 2 but point 1 already proofs you're a moron so I won't bother.

Let me guess you're one of those guys who whines hardest about taxes etc but who doesn't bother to vote?

Mythic barely takes any notice of the US TLs, why would they care about Euro-TLs?

Euro-TLs could be selected from this forum to facilitate class discussions, so long as no one expects Mythic to get involved.

FYI, I did vote the last time but I doubt I will for the next election, tories have won it already.

old.Whoodoo said:
Im sure in fact Mythic would choose carefully the TLs from players who are level headed, reasonable and have mastered their class, which rules me and especially you out.

I have mastered a level 5 Mage, even my trainer thinks I'm ready for the next level.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Don't just look at the TL reports as the only form of communication. Team leads as well as other beta testers are asked for feedback on changes on their private forums (supposedly), we just can't see any of it.

There isn't any need for total duplication (another EU team lead for every class), but an opinion from a few extra people in each realm might be helpful. Also some extra positions, such as someone to give feedback regarding XML (something which seems to get ignored rather badly), would also be nice.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Again another clueless attack on E&E

If you notice, the first attack came from an E&E who said the same thing about TL's which you now defend the E&E's for. /shrug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom