[poll] if GOA host war u will play on US servers

if GOA host warhammer u will play on US servers ?

• YES

Votes: 45 32.8%
  • NO

Votes: 56 40.9%
  • YES if goa still give same CS like on daoc

Votes: 22 16.1%
  • NO if goa give a better CS

Votes: 14 10.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Don't understand your last two options at all

But its already been said that the Euro servers will have the same patches and level of support of the USA servers.

Poag

m00?
Ok strange, i just voted no [as in i'd play on the GOA EU servers] and it dind't register.

Strangeness

popa

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:
Don't understand your last two options at all

But its already been said that the Euro servers will have the same patches and level of support of the USA servers.

CS= custumer support
i mean if u will move on US if make same like on daoc no /appeal same sub problems lag etc etc

and to be same support level like on US server have to be same team and GOA is not the same team like mythic
that means same server config
same CS time online
same feedback
etc

wee al know that is imposible
only if gao is pulled away from CS and make only translation and just a CS team for all players

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Stupid poll - i voted "YES" earlier as I read the question wrong :)

If WaR has ingame CSR and that feature is active on the europe servers chances are i'd stay with the euro servers

rynnor

Rockhound
I'm thinking of going for the US servers for a number of reasons -

1. Opentransit out to the GOA servers has been bad so many times - not really their fault but it has had an impact - I actually get a better ping to the US most of the time.

2. Its easier and more pleasant to level when the servers not lagged to hell by being full - sure there will be patches in my playtime some days but its a price I'll pay willingly.

3. I enjoy small scale rvr - there will be more opportunities to avoid the zerg playing outside peak hours.

4. Whatever Mythic say patches (and in particular emergency fixes) will always take longer via Goa because of the lead times required for translation.

5. In game support as opposed to rightnow.

(5 is an assumption based on DAOC).

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
rynnor said:

1. Opentransit out to the GOA servers has been bad so many times - not really their fault but it has had an impact - I actually get a better ping to the US most of the time.

2. Its easier and more pleasant to level when the servers not lagged to hell by being full - sure there will be patches in my playtime some days but its a price I'll pay willingly.

3. I enjoy small scale rvr - there will be more opportunities to avoid the zerg playing outside peak hours.

4. Whatever Mythic say patches (and in particular emergency fixes) will always take longer via Goa because of the lead times required for translation.

5. In game support as opposed to rightnow.

(5 is an assumption based on DAOC).

Theres a FAQ on war-europe.com that covers points 4 and 5

Both US and Euro servers will be patched at the same time and be on the same patch level so it doesnt matter where you play youll always be on the same patch level.

It also covers support, in that GoA/Mythic will share and use the same tools, so if WAR has ingame CSR on the US servers then there will be ingame CSR on the euro servers.

So what it really boils down to is the OT lag (is it really that bad?) ask me that question last year and id have said "hell yeah" but it has improved since then - still needs to be better tho :)

rynnor

Rockhound
Tears said:
So what it really boils down to is the OT lag (is it really that bad?) ask me that question last year and id have said "hell yeah" but it has improved since then - still needs to be better tho :)

Nah the real clincher for me is the non-zerg rvr and the quieter levelling - servers are always crazy full at the start - no doubt enough euro players will be there to make it interesting.

Plus as I said - emergency patches will take longer due to translation if they feature a language component - theres no way around that.

Oh and.

6. Servers - GOA wont have more than a couple of english lang servers - the US will have tons including special rules servers...

Tilda

Emergency patches by their very nature have very little or even nothing to translate.
Its not like they're adding a quest, its more like just changing a 1 to a 0 or something.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
rynnor said:

I have the same opinion.

Customer support will be the clincher for me though, in the US Mythic are one of the better in-game CS i have come across, GOA are poor by comparison. Regardless of wether-or-not GOA provide in-game CS, unless they make a huge effort (read: titanic) on their customer focus, I for one won't make the mistake of rolling on a euro server again as I did with DAoC.

Nightchill

Can't get enough of FH
As has been said (repeatedly?), GOA's customer service for WAR will be the same as their US counterparts.

rynnor

Rockhound
Nightchill said:
As has been said (repeatedly?), GOA's customer service for WAR will be the same as their US counterparts.

That will only be judgeable after the fact - certainly reading the gumf Mythic look to be aware that GOA's customer service has not been up to scratch in the past thus the need for the disclaimer.

All it really means is that they'll use the same tools - basically Mythic dont want everyone flooding the US servers so they'll say whatever they can to make people outside region 1 use GOA's servers.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Nightchill said:
Have some faith, GOA would manage to fuck it up. Its not the tools that are the issue - its the staffing. 24/7 support is REQUIRED for online games: office hours only doesnt cut it.

Besides, it would no doubt be hosted from the same laggy "tin can & string" facility theyve used in the past.

Run far far away from anything they touch. History proves its not worth giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Draylor said:
Have some faith, GOA would manage to fuck it up. Its not the tools that are the issue - its the staffing. 24/7 support is REQUIRED for online games: office hours only doesnt cut it.

Besides, it would no doubt be hosted from the same laggy "tin can & string" facility theyve used in the past.

Run far far away from anything they touch. History proves its not worth giving them the benefit of the doubt.

I wonder how EA taking over Mythic will effect things.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Nightchill said:

Yes, but it wont be.

An orange from DelMonte and an orange picked out of a festering sewer are still both oranges, but one is so rancid you'd never take a bite.

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
I will play on US server, only becaus as mentioned there prob will be different type of servers, Roleplaying server, will that include PVP in a epic story line? i mean on daoc US

etali

Fledgling Freddie
I left GOA to play on Mythic servers for DAOC when Mythic put the classic servers in. I hadn't been too bothered by GOAs customer service really, but playing on Mythic is a lot better - you get patches sooner, the CSRs answer questions really really quickly and are always polite, and there is a lot less lag.

I'll be importing WAR and playing on Mythics servers for sure.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Tallen said:
Yes, but it wont be.

An orange from DelMonte and an orange picked out of a festering sewer are still both oranges, but one is so rancid you'd never take a bite.

i'd still taste it.. u never know. sewer waste might be a cool spice... :m00:

old_pihlss

Fledgling Freddie
I voted NO

I I wont play on US servers and I refuse to play a mmorpg under GOA service ever again.

I go back to EvE Online.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
I don't think the GOA customer service has been all that bad, not the last few times I contacted them. Sure, it takes a while longer to get a reply when using rightnow (a day or so, while it took me a few hours on the US servers), but it was a hell of a lot better when I last contacted them than it used to be.
Ingame support, on the other hand, is a whole different matter, as it's like non-existant on the EU servers, or on Pryd/Excal at least. I haven't really experimented with it on the US servers tho, so it's hard to say whether it's any better over there.
And to answer the original question, yes, I probably would. Assuming both Mythic and GOA learned from DAoC, which they bloody well should have, there won't be quite as many problems in WAR as there used to be in DAoC, be it related to bugs, lag, or customer support.
If I'd play WAR on the EU servers, I'd be more worried about Opentransit than GOA, as I can't be arsed with 5-10 sec lag spikes for several weeks in a row.
The idea of playing with a bunch of Yanks somehow isn't too tempting either, so that'd be enough to keep me away from the US servers, tho, on the other hand, it could be nice if there's a nice mixture of European, Asian, American and other foreign people.

Nightchill

Can't get enough of FH
Confusing poll. I'll be on the European (GOA run) version of WAR.

Some quick points on the negatives mentioned:
1) As said above, the support for the EU and US versions will be identical.
2) GOA and Mythic's relationship is much closer this time round. Patches, content etc will hit both versions simultaneously.
3) No one has said the servers will be in Paris on opentransit. Let's wait and see.

:)

rynnor

Rockhound
Nightchill said:
As said above, the support for the EU and US versions will be identical.

Different companies providing the support does not equal identical - sorry :)

Nightchill said:
2) GOA and Mythic's relationship is much closer this time round. Patches, content etc will hit both versions simultaneously.

This is extremely unlikely due to translation times - the only way this would be possible would be if the US delayed patching while GOA translate them - thats just not going to happen if your realistic about it.

Nightchill said:
3) No one has said the servers will be in Paris on opentransit. Let's wait and see.

GOA is a french company allied to their version of BT - you have to be dreaming if you think they'll move because a few people complained - time to wake up methinks...

Poag

m00?
GOA is a french company allied to their version of BT - you have to be dreaming if you think they'll move because a few people complained - time to wake up methinks...

And i do believe all support admin and other things have been moved to Dublin.

I'd venture they will host the DC out there aswell, but we will of course have to wait and see, nothing is publically set yet :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
i think there will be a pretty minor europe playerbase on the US servers. its really only the ex DAoC ppl that have a problem with GOA. the rest of the ppl that never played it wont have so they still play on the EU servers, and with the support being exactly the same standards as in US, i really really doubt there will be the same problems as in DAoC...

mostly because WAR will have a buckeload more subscribers then DAoC ever had. and a brand new contract regarding support with MythicEA

hopefully, and probably not as many as in WoW, but certainly more then the combined DAoC subscriber base at its glory...

decker

Fledgling Freddie
6. Requel is EURO WAR community manager. So I will go to us.

Duh, answered no as I don't know how to read :(

Agrigo

Can't get enough of FH
And i do believe all support admin and other things have been moved to Dublin.

Get them the fuck out of my country, last thing we need is them ruining our good drinking name and leprachaun hunting philosophilies!

Disclamer - Im shit at spelling :x

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Get them the fuck out of my country, last thing we need is them ruining our good drinking name and leprachaun hunting philosophilies!

Disclamer - Im shit at spelling :x

hunting that or lurikeens, theres no diffrence. they both are small and ugly :)

Syri

FH is my second home
damn, mis-read the poll. I should've voted yes. made a lot of good friends playing daoc on usa servers, and I really don't trust goa to keep up the promises, already saw too many problems, too much lag from OT and so on from daoc to have any faith left really.
if an admin could knock my 'no' vote off, or change it to a 'yes' it'd be much appreciated

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Dont get the fuss about playing on eu servers just because goa are managing it.. sure goa have sucked some times, but that is just not a good enough reason for me to decide playing on the us servers. The time difference, the delay and the idea of playing with just yanks shivers me up.. no thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom