Political Correctness (again)

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Apparently (heard it on the radio) that they are bringing in new legislation making it illegal to deny gay folk specifics such as :

Renting a church hall for a clebration (e.g. to celebrate 2 years of a gay marriage)

a gay couple using a Bed and Breakfast

imho - you can deny this to ANYONE - not just because you are gay,

tbh - its all about protecting the minority and the majority can go fuck themselve.s

Will

/bin/su
Seriously, have you swallowed the Daily Mail?

All the legislation does it makes it illegal to discriminate against homosexuals, in the same way as it is illegal to discriminate against someone for their religious beliefs or their race. Not exactly a big deal.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I heard that Suggs is campaigning strongly for an end to discrimination, but apparently he's taken it too far.

It was a case of Madness gone Politically Correct.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Will said:
Seriously, have you swallowed the Daily Mail?

All the legislation does it makes it illegal to discriminate against homosexuals, in the same way as it is illegal to discriminate against someone for their religious beliefs or their race. Not exactly a big deal.

hate to be "petty" on this will but yes, you can discriminate against someones race however I dont think you can discriminate against sexual beliefs.

Sexual persuasion is a choice - your race is not.

old.user4556

Sorry i'm not understanding, you mean that sexual orientation is a choice? Or am I being a spaz...

Tombha

Fledgling Freddie
a choice is looking at a glass of milk and drinkin it..
you cant "choose" not to like teh cock..

homosexuality is love.. just like heterosexuality is love.. it is lust, it is passion, it is caring for the other person. no im not gay, but i dont discriminate against them. its people.. just like you and me. and if you think that just because a person falls in love with something that has a penis instead of vagina, makes that person a bad human being, and a person that deserves to get beat down then you really need to start thinking about the way you live and the way you treat other people.

its like denying people with brown eyes the right to sit at a church.. you can hide the brown by wearing contact lenses with colours, but sooner or later, they have to come off..

equal rights to all man-kind is the way to go, and thats how i hope the world will change to.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
I think man-kind would do better if it realised it didn't actually have any rights at all.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I think its unnecessary tbh.

What next - discrimination against scruffy people legislation?

Race, sex, age - fair enough. Religion and sexual orientation? Get real.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Big G said:
Sorry i'm not understanding, you mean that sexual orientation is a choice? Or am I being a spaz...

Youre not being a spaz (this time) Big G ;)

Sexual orientation is a choice (you like the boys or the girls)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Lazarus said:

Is it.

How about you choose to be gay for a few days. Go on, just to prove that you're right.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
The only person its legal to discriminate against in the country are white hetro-sexual males who work pay taxes and have families.
Everyone else is untouchable, so they have to get the accumulated bullshit from everyone else. Pretty soon they will be outnumbered by all the losers and wierdos. I wonder who will pay for all the benefits then? Gordon will probably get a loan from the IMF.
Its probably a good thing about the gays tbh, because the silent majority in this country is getting fucked up the arse.

Lester

One of Freddy's beloved
Devils Advocate here...

What about paedophiles? I bet a lot of them think or say they have no choice about their "persuasion"? How long before someone starts arguing for their rights?

And no I'm not equating gays to peadophiles, just debating.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Oh please, there's absolutely no point discussing that - homosexuality is between consenting adults, not the case with paedophiles. So regardless of whether they have a choice in the matter it's not a relevant point.

rynnor

Rockhound
All recent studies link homosexuality to a genetic factor - if you cant discriminate against religion (which truely is a choice) then no way should you be able to discriminate v sexuality or any other genetic factor.

I am white male and married with kids but I dont see how anti-discrimination legislation somehow hurts me? Its protection for those who feel discriminated against no more no less.

Can you imagine how horrible it must be to be refused a hotel room etc. just because of your sexuality?

Mellow

Loyal Freddie
Equal rights should be to discriminate against everyone equally.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
rynnor said:
All recent studies link homosexuality to a genetic factor - if you cant discriminate against religion (which truely is a choice) then no way should you be able to discriminate v sexuality or any other genetic factor.

I am white male and married with kids but I dont see how anti-discrimination legislation somehow hurts me? Its protection for those who feel discriminated against no more no less.

Can you imagine how horrible it must be to be refused a hotel room etc. just because of your sexuality?

No but I can imagine how horrible it would be to be gay. All that cock up your ass. I'm getting piles just thinking about it.

Anyway to save all this discrimination bollocks, can't we leave the law as it is then simply round up all teh gays and send them to France where they'll be able to roam free? Teh gays will get their freedoms, we won't have to watch Graham Norton any more, George Michael can find a new spot to get discovered passed out at the wheel, Elton John can get a Lacoste toupée, there will be no more Scissor Sisters and the French will have more people to go on strike with. Win win tbh.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I have no problems with teh gays but I'm all for your plan to ship those mentioned to France.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Bodhi said:
No but I can imagine how horrible it would be to be gay. All that cock up your ass. I'm getting piles just thinking about it.

Anyway to save all this discrimination bollocks, can't we leave the law as it is then simply round up all teh gays and send them to France where they'll be able to roam free? Teh gays will get their freedoms, we won't have to watch Graham Norton any more, George Michael can find a new spot to get discovered passed out at the wheel, Elton John can get a Lacoste toupée, there will be no more Scissor Sisters and the French will have more people to go on strike with. Win win tbh.

This man speaks the truth.

old.user4556

Lazarus said:
Youre not being a spaz (this time) Big G ;)

I would disagree with you there, it's something where you're one or the other - that's about as much of a choice as it gets.

I couldn't choose to be gay - well I suppose I could but I'd hate it.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Heh the bullshit meter went off the scale with this thread tbh tbh.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
rynnor said:

What if you don't believe in washing, or combing your hair, and turn up looking like a tramp.

Do tramps need protective legislation?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Lester said:
Devils Advocate here...

What about paedophiles? I bet a lot of them think or say they have no choice about their "persuasion"? How long before someone starts arguing for their rights?

And no I'm not equating gays to peadophiles, just debating.

Err, that started a long time ago.

www.nambla.org

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Lazarus said:
hate to be "petty" on this will but yes, you can discriminate against someones race however I dont think you can discriminate against sexual beliefs.

Sexual persuasion is a choice - your race is not.

surely if its a choice you can discriminate how ever you please.

if someone chooses to be a goth, i should be able to tell them i dont want their shitty clothes in my house (for example).

Gamah

Banned
tris- said:
surely if its a choice you can discriminate how ever you please.

if someone chooses to be a goth, i should be able to tell them i dont want their shitty clothes in my house (for example).

aaronandi0052.jpg

He want's in your house Tris-

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
well only if i could jizz in his eyes.

and my name is lower case t :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom