Police set to step up hacking of home PCs

liloe

It's my birthday today!

Anyway, to liloe, when you get connected to the internet, you stop being private.

It's like saying "i want my privacy! But let me open all my windows and doors."

I'm not saying they should be able to do this, but talking about privacy on a public forum is a bit oxymoronic ;)

It's not really oxymoronic. Yes, by posting here I give some personal data, but nothing special. There is a huge difference between "wanting privacy" and "getting your privacy invaded".

Privacy is not locking yourself up in a dark room, privacy is being able to decide which information you give away and which not. So if I decide to tell everyone here that I'm a half French half German 23y old male, then I'm not giving up my privacy, I'm just deciding that this piece of information is something I'm willing to share and I accept the fact that every single person in the world may read it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I do get your point, but at the same time...there comes the fact that about 75%(pulling out of hat) of comp-people download illegally.

More or less, but they do.

Most defiance against this will come from people who want to keep doing what they do, as you do, but with the lil devil on their shoulder.

the oxymoron thing of talking about internet privacy on an internet forum was meant as a bit of "light mood" ;)

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
Theres no way the percentage of illegal downloading people could be that high!

Do you think ISPs would stand back letting their bandwidth be eaten up, and knowing allow people downloading films and music (therefore breaking all manner of copyright laws) if even 50% of their customers were involved?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Meant comp-people, not regular people. You know, forumites, nerds, gamers etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom