Pole damage

T

tris-

has anyone noticed a reduction in polearm damage? for example, before patch i could hit for 500-600dmg constantly with defenders rage/revenge but now i can do 300 max damage, this is using the same weapon and im even a level higher. :( and i dont get big resists either, highest i seen was (-100).

M

mirieth

Nope. :).

(Considering I'm specced 44pole, 39thrust where you're, as far as I know, full pole and damage type) I still hit for around 300-400 unbuffed and 600ish buffed, I think it has gone down a little but not much. Maybe it's more noticeable for full time polearmers but, I dunno. It doesn't seem to have changed to me.

M

mannschaft

5-600? And still Albs get's more melee damage. *deep sigh*

C

Cavex ElSaviour

5-600 mirieth? Damn, i must have done something wrong. full pule and 42+7 crush, a sidi wep and i still hit for max 400.

S

SilverHood

midgard got their melee resists capped this patch, thanks to the nice bracer quest.

Bet that's all :p

O

old.mattshanes

Go 50 base quick and you will hit 900s non crit like a guy on excal hmmm i post links here if i find them.

F

Fightersuntzu

i used rage/revenged today on a skald, even with a few minuses(-40) i was hitting for 450-550 which i think is typical unbuffed for me :p

H

hrodelbert

900 none crits hrhr like every 10 seconds maybe

G

Glyph_mid

Im hitting for 250 with my thane :/, and thats with 2h

O

old.windforce

polearms have real big delay
albs have to spec 2 lines for it
rage / revenge is a real nifty syle giving high damage
when i was specced pole i hitted for 250-300-ish (-108) on mid chain (44+5 pole 39+4 base, that was before SI)

hence higher damage then 2 - handed thanes who are on the hybrid damage table

i specced out of pole because thanes hit me for 250 every 4,5 seconds against my 250-300 every 6 seconds with anytime styles (crippling blow / poleaxe)

M

mirieth

Originally posted by Cavex ElSaviour
5-600 mirieth? Damn, i must have done something wrong. full pule and 42+7 crush, a sidi wep and i still hit for max 400.

So do I. 600 buffed, I said :). Oh and don't forget I have SC armour and that goes some way to upping your damage a lot - +14 or so Thrust due to RR and +11 Polearm. Plus having +75 to str/con/dex helps, and I have lowish qui (about 90/100).

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by hrodelbert
900 none crits hrhr like every 10 seconds maybe

Nope he's buffed loads but still.... if you have 50 quick your hits with a pole especially the cap would be very high.

I reckon with 50 quick you would do 700s hits,try it with cleric str buffs and no armour perhaps o_O

C

Cavex ElSaviour

Aaah, this might explain, got 130 ish qui and a pretty damned fast pole arm.

F

Fightersuntzu

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Nope he's buffed loads but still.... if you have 50 quick your hits with a pole especially the cap would be very high.

I reckon with 50 quick you would do 700s hits,try it with cleric str buffs and no armour perhaps o_O

Hell, with buffs i can do 700 hits easy, with 90something quickness and 5.5 speed :p

<flex>

And thanes are gimps :D

D

Danya

Originally posted by Glyph_mid
Im hitting for 250 with my thane :/, and thats with 2h
hrhr I hit 200-300 on my minstrel. :p

O

old.GeForce

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Go 50 base quick and you will hit 900s non crit like a guy on excal hmmm i post links here if i find them.

with the new RvR con system, that can be untrue :)

F

Farquady

900 unbuffed without critical .... what wet dream whas that out of?

H

hrodelbert

seriously pole damage is laughable, i got hit for 200-300 by a poler in a duel today, and i was hitting for that with riposte :eek7:

O

old.GeForce

imo his enemy is under 50, or hes got a damn slooooow polearm. But there is no way in hell an 'average' pole can do that amount of damage in RvR against a level 50- even if he was buffed.

Judging by the screenshots, and the fact that there was a necro present, it would most likely be the results from the AF debuff. 'nuff said, that debuff is deadly

C

Cavex ElSaviour

isnt pole supposed to be THE damage dealing mellee wep together with the friar stick? (for alb that is)

O

Ozwaldo

seriously pole damage is laughable, i got hit for 200-300 by a poler in a duel today, and i was hitting for that with riposte :eek7:

That was a lvl 20 Poler Hrod

O

old.willowywicca

had a fight like that at apk odins one time, slash pole and 1 hand slasher armsmen on me. in the entire fight the pole users max damage was never even higher than the 1 handers lowest hit. checked on duskwave and both were lvl50.. guess it's possible pole guy was res sick.. but tbh I woulda parried him atleast once if he was, he didn't miss at all..

(both were doing ~200 per hit, just the 1 hander slightly more the whole time)

F

Fafnir

Hmmm and you whine about Zerks. Perhaps all hibs and mids should get togehter and whine about poledamage.

F

Farquady

mmm, I must say, that 750dmg ... that is easely done for a full pole spec.

I used to be 47 + 9pole 44 + 12 crush, I never wanted a quick buff, and so my quick whas on 75 or something.

Like everyone sayed, I whas slow as hell, but on average I hit for 650dmg, caster would get a 700+ on there butt's, but that 900+, get out of here.

btw: that whas buffed to the bone with /assist Soulfly ;p

O

old.windforce

Malevolencia is right
Poledamage really sucks against other realms tanks
i do ~150-200 with my jambiya 2,6 basespeed with anytime style follow up (diamond)
did ~220-280 with my pole 5.8 basespeed with anytime style (poleaxe)

O

Ozwaldo

Ive never had any complaints about my damage and cant understand where this thread as come from all my time in this game people have only ever said how hard Polearms hit.

My cap is 650

If I get my stun move off I can take a Pali,arms or friar down in 4 hits which would be averaging about 400 per hit on a plate wearer which is damn good in my opinion.

As of a s/s person saying they hit as hard as I do I think its a case of my char is uber syndrome and is not true, I have played a Poleman since the release of the game and I know I hit for double or there abouts of that of a s/s spec.

Pole is slow and if you miss its a big loss but when you do hit you hit damn hard

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom