plz?

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

But he is right!! *takes another Espresso shot*

1 hour sleep... DAoC, then a "short" game of Mafia before bed. *sighs*

lolz imo!

T

The Kingpin

I always found it to be xmas not X-mas..

R

Roo Stercogburn

One of the easiest ways to spot if someone from tech support is any good is via coffee:

A true techie knows NEVER to leave his coffee when he goes to do a support call. It goes with him. The experienced techie knows it can be several hours before he gets back to his desk. Newbies still have to learn this.

So, if you put in a call to tech support and they send someone to your desk, check if they left their coffee behind. If they simply are without coffee, you get better support by offering one. If they LEFT their coffee behind... send them away. You just got the officer junior to fix your business critical piece of software :D

B

blain

WTF!!1!!1

What's wrong with using plz, ty, rdy, sry, cya?????

At the end of the day, you know what they mean, you understand them and they are a damn sight easier to type than please, thank you, ready, sorry or see you.
Some people do not have a typing speed of 35 wpm.
I might have a problem with this is DAoC actually implemented the RPG part of MMORPG, but as they don't does it really matter.

When your running for your life, being chased by a fg of albs, do you really have time to type /s please can you heal me. when /s plz heal me is much quicker.

T

The Kingpin

Please Heal Me..

It takes me 0.6 of a second to type please. how can 3 extra letters be so hard to type?

B

blain

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
A true techie knows NEVER to leave his coffee when he goes to do a support call.

Heh..you are so right, i never actually noticed it until you mentioned it, but where I go my coffee goes.

FYI another sign of a true techie is the fact that they cannot hold a pen comfortably, it looks as out of place as BNP membership badge in Bradford.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I can live with "Ta for now"...

This is a game - you can't see other players emotions, can't hear them talk etc. yada yada

So how do you judge people?
Exactly - by what and how they type.

I can live with abbrevations in RVR "Mids NE!"
But what is the excuse in PvP?
Might as well play with a bunch of chimps.

"pull" "r" "heal ffs" "lolz!" bleh..............

P

Pin

Originally posted by The Kingpin
For god sake, ignorance Oh Mighty, it means ta, as in thanks...

Like, ta > TA,

All that showed me was, using TA for a short version..

Like IT for Information Technology.

Yes it means ta as in thanks... It's a mostly northern English colloquialism, which has been in common usage for centuries, is part of the English language and is correctly in the majority of English language dictionaries.

And most certainly is a word.

P

Pin

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
I can live with "Ta for now"...

in that case you mean "Tata for now", as in goodbye. Ta is a different word.

T

The Kingpin

Well, i can see your point..

I find people using slang in-game okay..
People saying things like; tittys, bog( as in toilet) ta ect ect,

Slang, i use it myself, just don't see a point in, trying to shorten perfectly good words, into something thats ugly, tatty, and just looks plain stupid..

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Pin
in that case you mean "Tata for now", as in goodbye. Ta is a different word.

That's why people keep saying it to me before they log...

:sleeping:

P

Pin

I agree. And I'll use the slang I have been brought up with and abbreviations (as I already have in this sentence) where they are commonly accepted (and would mostly be found in the dictionary).

And 'plz' annoys the hell out of me :p

P

Pin

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
That's why people keep saying it to me before they log...

:sleeping:

in that case those people those people need to be corrected immediately, for they are ruining my language!

(it's "tata for now", commonly abbreviated to "TTFN" )

R

Roo Stercogburn

Originally posted by blain
FYI another sign of a true techie is the fact that they cannot hold a pen comfortably, it looks as out of place as BNP membership badge in Bradford.

<stammers>

You... still... use... ... ... pens?

I thought they were an ancient myth, like Santa or the Easter bunny or Teh Seel.

A

Addlcove

funny thing about ta in daoc is most people use it as short for Thanks Alot... NOT because it´s a northern english word ;)

P

Pin

Originally posted by Addlcove
funny thing about ta in daoc is most people use it as short for Thanks Alot... NOT because it´s a northern english word ;)

"alot" is not a word

:m00:

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
<stammers>

You... still... use... ... ... pens?

I thought they were an ancient myth, like Santa or the Easter bunny or Teh Seel.

umm...

I love you now :p

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Pin
"alot" is not a word

:m00:

It's spelled like that in the US - or at least in Maine, where I used to live (shock/horror, Kyra)... :m00:

Oh - another favorite of mine is "yw" . :eek:

A

Arnor

my fav is y

as in y for yes, or y for why, you never know!!

S

Sharma

Imo, if anyone ask me for something in ANYWAY and says plz i will not respond.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom