Plex Server

Vae

Resident Freddy
I've been happily running a HP N54 microserver for the last 6 years using Unraid as an OS with 4 HDD's as a file and plex server. Unfortunately it's just died (either the power supply or something more serious) and given the age I'm thinking it's probably worth replacing the whole thing rather than just trying to replace the power supply. However HP don't seem to have a like for like replacement so does anyone have any suggestions for what I should look at?

Embattle

FH is my second home
Personally I've always used Synology products but if you like the microserver why not go for the newer versios?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Personally I've always used Synology products but if you like the microserver why not go for the newer versios?

I too have a synology nas. But mostly for archive. I put a load of disk into an old pc and made it into a server.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I purely use a Synology 1815+, I've no need for anything else at the moment but others may like more customisable rigs.

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH
I have a synology too and I've been looking for an upgrade as mines been running for about 10 years - the new ones seem really expensive.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I purely use a Synology 1815+, I've no need for anything else at the moment but others may like more customisable rigs.
Mine was only a 2 hdd synology and it didnt really support plex i had to kinda side load it.

Vae

Resident Freddy
Thanks for the advice. Did some more research and looked at the Synology but went with the new version of the HP microserver as it should be easiest to get up and running again (hopefully just moving HDD's and USB stick <touch wood>). Such a difference in price to when I bought the original HP microserver though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom