Player Housing Prices

N

Ninth Dimension

Anyone want to make some predictions on the prices of the player houses when they come out?

I'm thinking the lowest house might cost arround 2 plat to buy with something like 100 gold a month to rent, what do you think?

or better yet, does anyone actualy KNOW????

U

Urme the Legend

I would like to see prices like... or something similiar to this.

Crappy house without merchants etc: 500g / week
Best house with everything: 5000g/week

U

Urme the Legend

Well the best houses is imo only for guilds... and rich people like pandemic :)

P

Pempulla

Is it certain that the payment is in gold anyway? I would guess bounty points?

U

Urme the Legend

Mythic has said that the payment is in Gold... and you pay once a week (IRL).

R

Roo Stercogburn

Don't know if I could afford that on a Spirit Master's salary. Spirit Pet and Black Dye fetish to support.

Looks like it will be a treehouse in Vanern with noisy Hagbui neighbours doing their disco all night.

N

Ninth Dimension

Originally posted by Pempulla
Is it certain that the payment is in gold anyway? I would guess bounty points?
Why BP? if anything player housing is more of a roleplay aspect of the game than anything related to RvR, and i know a lot of people that don't like RvR and yet would like to have a house in the game.

E

Ekydus

However much it costs it will be damn funny for us to have Repo-Inconnu who break your thumbs and then steal your Epic which you have placed on your wall etc when you haven't paid up.

A

Archeon

I remember hearing somthing about house pricing being relative to the population of a server (e.g. the higher the population, the higher than cost). Of course i'm not certain on this because no details on house pricing have been released yet (i think, theres a chance i could be wrong)

C

carnak

I heard that the cheapest house was going to be more than 20 plat. Dont quote me on that though, just something i heard in guild chat ;)

C

Cala-more

well on the web page they say the small house can be bought by an individual so maybe1-2 plat

S

Sarnat

Earlier before Mythic fixed the housing page it said "for a mere platinum you can become the owner of this house" on the smallest house description. The one size up one said "for a few more platinum". But those were their initial plans for the prices before the testing and might as well change. Rents depend more on the equipment level of the house, AFAIK.

S

SFXman

The smallest houses are VERY VERY likely going to be available to the average joe, solo that is.
Imho 3-500g / week for the cheapest would be nice.
As to someone saying 20 plat, sod off, lol... ridiculous.
MAYBE for buying a medium size house.
Cheapest house "deed" (uo ;)) could be around 5 p imho.

C

Cyradix

3-500 gp a week for the cheapest house would be a bit much I think.
Especially when your high levels are sleeping and you are leveling low level chars.
You would be forced to spend several hours farming to pay a weeks rent?

Y

Yussef

I don't think hundreds of houses will be that nice, higher prices need imo to control how many are used by solo people.

N

Ninth Dimension

from what i understand there will be a limit to the number of houses that each person can own, not sure how this will work yet.

You don't need to worry about houses popping up all over the place (like right in the middle of salisbury planes) because two new zones are being added to each realm for the housing.

Personally i'm hoping to get a house/mansion for my guild (although i don't expect any of them will help towards it's upkeep). :)

C

Cush

i think the houses will cost billiongaziloin coppers. but thats just my guess

D

dwindimir

Originally posted by Ninth Dimension
from what i understand there will be a limit to the number of houses that each person can own, not sure how this will work yet.
1 house for 1 account

O

old.windforce

saved 40-50 plat with a few mates plat to buy a nice house

1 plat a week sounds like a nice fee

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by Cyradix
3-500 gp a week for the cheapest house would be a bit much I think.
Especially when your high levels are sleeping and you are leveling low level chars.
You would be forced to spend several hours farming to pay a weeks rent?

No, you wouldn't. Nothing's forcing you to buy a house.
IRL, how many hours of your weekly work time is spent entirely on mortgage/rent etc??

M

MesS°

Originally posted by old.LandShark
No, you wouldn't. Nothing's forcing you to buy a house.
IRL, how many hours of your weekly work time is spent entirely on mortgage/rent etc??

sure im gonna spend 35 hours a week farming to have a house... :rolleyes:

ill bet its gonna end up with 1-2p for the smallest house and 200-300g a week...

C

Cala-more

Iam going to become a mean land lord muhahaahhahaaa

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Personally, I hope the houses are pretty cheap. The last thing you want to do is turn the game into a money-farming PvE game, just so that people can afford to take advantage of the new housing features.

I hate cash-farming, it's soul-less and pointless. I don't want to do it.

T

Tumult

k this is the official quote from their housing documentation :

Costing a trifle amount of money, even to the poorest of the poor, the Cottage is the most affordable home available. Its wonderful little rooms are perfect for the individual or small guild. Don't be turned off by the outer appearance... as with all of our homes, you are able to change many of the outer appearance features!

now i dont know about you guys, but i know some very poor individuals :spin:

im hoping it will be enough for people to afford without having to farm for several hours everyday

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by Urme the Legend
I would like to see prices like... or something similiar to this.

Crappy house without merchants etc: 500g / week
Best house with everything: 5000g/week

ROFL...you're kidding right?

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by Ekydus
However much it costs it will be damn funny for us to have Repo-Inconnu who break your thumbs and then steal your Epic which you have placed on your wall etc when you haven't paid up.

Heh...that's actually not such a bad plan.

Imagine the Luri's face when two fecking huge Trolls turn up to "discuss" his back rent...

G

greenfingers

Small house: 250G/month
Medium house: 500G/month
Biggest house: 1000G(1P)/month

that's just my guess if there is some sort of rental system...

C

chretien

I have a feeling that the prices will be pretty high for anything over a basic cottage with no additions. Personally I'd like to see the prices be set on the higher side - a couple of plat a week for a well-equipped house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom