Play.com taking orders now

Ashorn

Fledgling Freddie
The CE is the CE, the only difference would be the access to beta, you get all the other stuff anyway so where does the extra £20 cost come from? rip off tbh

The special CE comes with the beta access, early start and the 2 ingame items. Those dont come with the CE, only with the special CE.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
The CE is the CE, the only difference would be the access to beta, you get all the other stuff anyway so where does the extra £20 cost come from? rip off tbh
Well to be precise the extra cash buys this:

Pre-Order bonuses (available from May or when the BETA begins):
Open BETA access
Live game head start
Bonus in-game content - "Rittenbach's portable camp" and "Guardian's iolite band"
which is what you get from the pre-order pack. Early access to the game servers could be handy - I want that to secure our guild name up front. The in game stuff might be nice too and the promise of open beta access is there if that floats your boat. Whether that's worth the extra £20 is up to the folks to decide....

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Not worth £20 at all, it`s disgusting that they`re selling this game at an extortionate proce just for an extra couple of crappy items. The 2 week head start in my opinion is disgusting, it`s a kick in the face to people who supported the game and actively involved themselves in the beta to try an improve the game for release.

No way will I pay £60 to line the pockets of this money grabbing scumbag of a company called EA. You know what this has really pissed me off, I'm off to preorder Conan and hope it`s better than WAR so I don`t have to pay any money to EA the nobheads.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I think the RRP is 60 quid for the collectors edition - game have just got 40 quid listed as an estimate from before, no?

Anar

One of Freddy's beloved
Gonna stick my neck out and say............. that All CE are exactly the same and the only reason Game haven't updated their page is that they are waiting for confirmation from Goa/Mythic regarding the details. As soon as that happens my guess would be the price will go up.

Eloran

Fledgling Freddie
GOA's website state's that there will be 55,000 copies of the EU CE edition. No mention is made of further restricting that number for "special" pre-orders from their partners which will have the open beta access etc.

Game's price of £40 is pretty much the same as the US sites selling their CE edition for around $80 so it looks like Play.com are pulling a fast one trying to get the equivalent of $120!

Jimmy

Resident Freddy
Case its no diff from the burning crusade CE that was £50 to £60 people still payed it.

Ashorn

Fledgling Freddie
Gonna stick my neck out and say............. that All CE are exactly the same and the only reason Game haven't updated their page is that they are waiting for confirmation from Goa/Mythic regarding the details. As soon as that happens my guess would be the price will go up.

Sorry, but alas all CE are not the same, if they were there wouldnt be any point in having Preorder Partners. Aside from that, it clearly shows on war-europes preorder info that ordering from Preorder Partners gets you additional stuff which isnt in the normal CE. Wish I could prove it to you, but I dont think I am allowed to copy/paste posts from the beta forum under the NDA.

Anar

One of Freddy's beloved
Sorry, but alas all CE are not the same, if they were there wouldnt be any point in having Preorder Partners. Aside from that, it clearly shows on war-europes preorder info that ordering from Preorder Partners gets you additional stuff which isnt in the normal CE. Wish I could prove it to you, but I dont think I am allowed to copy/paste posts from the beta forum under the NDA.

I understand that mate but what im saying is that "Game" probably are Pre-order partners just as Play are, but they both aren't listed as Official Partners on the Pre-order page on the War site.

PS. maybe you could give me your Beta details and I could hav a look for myself :ninja: .............only joshing with 'ya :wub:

Ashorn

Fledgling Freddie
I understand that mate but what im saying is that "Game" probably are Pre-order partners just as Play are, but they both aren't listed as Official Partners on the Pre-order page on the War site.

PS. maybe you could give me your Beta details and I could hav a look for myself :ninja: .............only joshing with 'ya :wub:

Hehe

I suppose they could be, would seem odd though , given the price and them not being on the original list yesterday (play were though)

Ashorn

Fledgling Freddie
I'm off to preorder Conan and hope it`s better than WAR so I don`t have to pay any money to EA the nobheads.

As I am in the beta for both of them, I could answer that for you right now. But it will be more amusing to let you find out for yourself :D

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
case : then wait for the preorder of the standard one then, its not rocket science

as for the CE, just ordered 4, having spent days trying to find burning crusade after it sold out in about 4 hours and reappeared on Ebay for up to 300 quid, im not taking any chances

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!

It might be that GAME will be pre-order partners as well, but there's no indication yet. Could be a case of play.com said "Yep, we can do that for the 26th" and GAME said "sorry we'll not put it out till the friday" or something. Complete speculation at this point though :)

Eloran

Fledgling Freddie
Just ordered from Game. Much as I would like to get into open beta Im not going to pay £20 for the privalige.

Jimmy

Resident Freddy
It might be that GAME will be pre-order partners as well, but there's no indication yet. Could be a case of play.com said "Yep, we can do that for the 26th" and GAME said "sorry we'll not put it out till the friday" or something. Complete speculation at this point though :)

only uk parnters are play and hmv im sure IainC will come and strighten stuff out sonnish

Ashorn

Fledgling Freddie
Great stuff, that was the post on the beta forums I was on about, thanks IainC. Hope that helps to clear up some of the confusion regarding preorders of the CE and THE preorder of the CE

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
Has anyone ore ordered from play and gotten a Open Beta Key yet?

I have pre ordered and havnt gotten anthing as of yet.

Ashorn

Fledgling Freddie

Placed my order for 2 copies, did read somewhere that play were going to email out the keys within the next 24hours.

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie

Give it time mate, I doubt Play have even been sent this info themselves yet, also if we had keys we've still got nowhere to input them (unlike the Americans I hasten to add!!!!)

I'm sure we'll probably get something in the coming weeks.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Ah cool, thanks for that at least we know now, so bisically you pay £20 to get into beta? seems a bit underhanded........*crys* *stomps off in a huff*

Nope; you pay 20 for all the collector's edition goodies. The pre-order bonus pack is just a bonus you get for pre-ordering either version of the game from our official pre-order partners. It doesn't cost you any extra on top of the regular price for the box.

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
Nope; you pay 20 for all the collector's edition goodies. The pre-order bonus pack is just a bonus you get for pre-ordering either version of the game from our official pre-order partners. It doesn't cost you any extra on top of the regular price for the box.

so when will play.com send us the Beta codes? They seem to know nothing about any beta codes iain :(

Anar

One of Freddy's beloved

Tell that to Game :), I'm still a little confused I've ordered from Game £39.99 so I wont be getting the Open Beta, Head start and Bonus in-game content - "Rittenbach's portable camp" and "Guardian's iolite band".

So i get all the other Collector's Edition goodies, but the above pre-order pack, for £20 cheaper?

edit: Hope that makes sense im confusing myself now :D

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
So you can order just the normal version of the game and then pay a few quid extra to get the beta/early access from somewhere else?

I think I may prefer this as an option but there is no way of doing this yet for the UK, unless you can fish your way through the German Amazon :)

Eloran

Fledgling Freddie

I think the £20 mark up being referred to isnt the difference between the standard and collector's edition, it is the difference between GAME's price £40 and PLAY's price £60.

While I understand that GOA/EA/Mythic whatever dont set retailers price for them, PLAY and GAME are usually within a few pence of each other pricewise so it does seem that we are being asked to pay £20 for the privalige of beta testing the game. Shame if all that £20 is going into GOA's partner's pockets and not Mythics.

mykiep

Regular Freddie
hi, does this mean that we will have the chance to buy the standard game (not CE) and have the special pre-order pack with beta codes too? or is it just for buyers of the £60 CE? Id much rather just buy a standard pack and get the beta codes, i think play are only selling the CE can any one shed any light?
cheers

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
just ordered my CE edition look at it this way folks if they dont deliver on pre order goodies u can always cancel :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom