Play.com news

Deadweight89

Fledgling Freddie

play.com

see the post above by Dervish stating that Play only got the codes "2 days ago" (16/06/08)

news saying that codes will be send out on official WAR page dates 12/06/08.

of course Play.com might be the ones in the wrong on this but going by past experiences......

Nate

FH is my second home
I'm trying to state the fact that both companies are known for there fuck ups.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Assuming it's not on my doormat (if we are getting DVD box with slip) then we have 3 postal days left. I wonder......

Effex

Fledgling Freddie
FRESH FROM THE MOUTHS OF PLAY.COM CUSTOMER SUPPORT:

Basicaly there was a f*ck up and they recieved all the beta access codes on cards, they had been expecting an elevctronic format which thaey could then email out, as this was not the case they are now in the process of posting them. expect to recieve your card bu the end of the week / begining of next.

Hope this stops u lot worrying a bit :p

Effex

Nate

FH is my second home
Ofcourse it won't.

DH()()()()()()OOOOoooo0000000000000MMMMMMM

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Did they actually say "f*ck up" and with a lovely Irish accent? I bet they feel like swearing tbh with all the hassle we've been giving them.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
He says box in the other play.com thread. Which I am mighty pleased about. Much less margin for error.....

B

bunsen

not holding my breath

Still waiting for my code. Either the royal mail is getting real slow or maybe Play isn't telling the whole truth. Spoke to Play yesterday and they said if I didn't get it today they would sort me out some compensation, wonder if they will put that in the post. Never buying from play again.

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
Still waiting for my code. Either the royal mail is getting real slow or maybe Play isn't telling the whole truth. Spoke to Play yesterday and they said if I didn't get it today they would sort me out some compensation, wonder if they will put that in the post. Never buying from play again.

well someone here did mention that play intended on emailing them out but when they received the boxes realized they had to post them, hence the lateness
ps. not a fan boy of play.com but it is the reason they are so late:m00:

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie
Annnnd I'm still waiting for mine too. :(

Tempted to shoot down to HMV to try for a pre order pack but being in the center of Liverpool I doubt they have any in stock! :/

Effex

Fledgling Freddie
just got my code today threw the post in a CD case, thought Id let ya know

Taleth

Fledgling Freddie
Nothing here. I rang Play tonight who told me boxes were sent out Monday/Tuesday last week. Experience says if that is true, the Royal Mail have pinched it

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
Nothing here. I rang Play tonight who told me boxes were sent out Monday/Tuesday last week. Experience says if that is true, the Royal Mail have pinched it
i dont have mine from play yet either but im not worried theres still time and i doubt we are the only ones

MaxxPower

Fledgling Freddie
The thing with Play is that their delivery times are horrendous. Sometimes it can take up to two or three weeks for something they've shipped to arrive. Though conversely sometimes things can arrive within days of an order being placed....it's weird really, but it's just how Play is.

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
I've never had any trouble with the speed of orders from play.com apart from one that went missing about 4 years ago. Any in stock item tends to arrive within 3 to 4 days of ordering (and occasionally 2 days).

Mine arrived this morning though not sent by Play.com themselves :D

Taleth

Fledgling Freddie
Hurrah, I take back my mean words, pack arrived today in normal envelope. Like everyone says, no rush but am certainly glad it arrived!

advocacy

Fledgling Freddie
just showing my noobiness here but have i now been charged for the full ce or should i be storing some money away for the final release

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Have you just got your codes from play.com? The only way you can tell if you have been charged is to log into your play.com account and look. As far as I know no-one else has been charged a penny by play.com yet.

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
just showing my noobiness here but have i now been charged for the full ce or should i be storing some money away for the final release
i havent been charged yet, i dont think there charging people until they actually send out the CE box

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I bought one of these Pre-Order packs from HMV... what do i do with it? Has the 'open' beta started yet or do i just have to look at it for a while?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom