Play.com news

Nate

FH is my second home
Nothing from Play.com on my account when logged in or in my inbox.

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
it does say "mailboxes within the next few days"
sounds like they are actually sending out the pre order packs by snail mail rather than just emailing codes or it would probably say inboxes if they were refering to email

Bahumat

FH is my second home
The BUY option has been removed so seems like its all underway

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah I felt certain it would be the "empty DVD case" option. I assume so far it is just a case of EA Mythic sending play.com a huge crate full of DVD cases as my play.com account still lists this as 'pre-ordered' rather than 'delivered'.

The 'buy' option was removed at the end of May presumably indicating they had sold the last of their allocation at that point. In the meantime I expect they have asked EA Mythic to give them their DVD cases/slips which I imagine is quite a lot since play.com is the online vendor for UK and Eire. It all takes time I guess.

I expect it will be soon :)

ps - how do you enter a Trademark sign on the forum, you know the 'TM' in superscript?

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Can someone remind me how much this cost? Interested to know how expensive the EU version finally retailed at.

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Cool, parts for the new Desktop unit shoud arrive the day before (hopefully).
I get 2 days of swearing at my pc, heaven.

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
yes collectors edition price
59.99 GPB = 76.0417 EUR
59.99 GBP = 116.886USD

Idris

Fledgling Freddie
I'm kind of over the fact that in the UK we generally pay a bit more for these things. It happens with most games I play, and though it sucks, I doubt it'll change much.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Assuming, like me, no-one has had anything from play.com yet can we have an update on this IainC?

Kev

One of Freddy's beloved
I don't know bout the rest of you guys but i ordered my CE pack the day it went on pre-order and i haven't heard anything about any packs being delivered / no payments have been withdrawn from my bank account. Can we get abit more info on how they are choosing who gets what or is it just a crap shoot?

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
I've not received anything either Kev, and the same thing - I ordered the day it was published on the website.

Presume its 'in the post' or stuck in some spam folder ;)

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Another question to add is are we getting an email shot or the empty dvd case with a slip of paper in?

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
OK I have some news on this. I just got off the phone to Play.com and they aware of the news item that went out on the EU WAR website but say they only got the codes from EA Mythic 2 days ago. They are going to be emailed out and not come in the DVD case. Everyone should have their code before July 1st. They are starting to send them out now in managable batches. Apparently we won't be billed until they dispatch the CE box set.

On that last note I hope EA Mythic won't allow the same almighty cock-up that Funcom presided over for AoC. As I understand it though Funcom oversubscribed the AoC headstart which caused a lot of the problems. Still though, it would seem to allow the possibilty of playing in the open beta but then cancelling the CE boxset. I guess we will see.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
OK I have some news on this. I just got off the phone to Play.com and they aware of the news item that went out on the EU WAR website but say they only got the codes from EA Mythic 2 days ago. They are going to be emailed out and not come in the DVD case. Everyone should have their code before July 1st. They are starting to send them out now in managable batches. Apparently we won't be billed until they dispatch the CE box set.

On that last note I hope EA Mythic won't allow the same almighty cock-up that Funcom presided over for AoC. As I understand it though Funcom oversubscribed the AoC headstart which caused a lot of the problems. Still though, it would seem to allow the possibilty of playing in the open beta but then cancelling the CE boxset. I guess we will see.

Thats good news, thanks... although be careful what Play.com rep's say, its not always true :D Whatever keeps the customer happy and all that.

On he Funcom thing, I believe the mistake was, on the most part, from the distributors of the the box. If it was Funcom however, its not something they could have changed without impacting Eidos' agreements.

Linnet

Fledgling Freddie
Just got an email from them (so everyone else who preordered CE probaby will too):

It has come to our attention that some websites are reporting that play.com have sent out the beta access codes. Unfortunately this is incorrect, however we are due to send out our beta access codes soon and we estimate that they should be with you within 7-10 days. The Warhammer Online beta has yet to start and we will be sending the codes shortly so that they will be there in time for access to the beta when it opens.​

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
excellent news indeed, 7-10 days isn't bad at all. Good that we know now to look out for it, rather than complaining nothing has turned up :D

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Seems like I made my points well then. I did labour the point that the EU WAR website says that the codes have already been sent and they might therefore get lots of calls like mine. Seems like they sent the email round to head that off.

I checked and I got the email too. Now we wait...... again. :p

EDIT: I see they have also updated the delivery date on the website info also to be no later than 1st July.

TerrorsEnd

Fledgling Freddie
Like a few folks have mentioned already, got the email from Play.com.

Good to know were getting the codes soon.

"Death is the journey on the road to awe"

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Like a few folks have mentioned already, got the email from Play.com.

Good to know were getting the codes soon.

"Death is the journey on the road to awe"

Now you have to sit and look at the email in your inbox for a few months and try to remember not to delete it by accident :)

Effex

Fledgling Freddie
recieved this email this morning:

Dear Customer,

We are writing to you in reference to your recent order for Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning.
It has come to our attention that some websites are reporting that play.com have sent out the beta access codes. Unfortunately this is incorrect, however we are due to send out our beta access codes soon and we estimate that they should be with you within 7-10 days. The Warhammer Online beta has yet to start and we will be sending the codes shortly so that they will be there in time for access to the beta when it opens.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience and valued custom.
Kind Regards,
Play.com
Confidentiality: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error
please notify the sender immediately and delete this message from your
computer without further action. Any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this message or any files transmitted with it by an
unauthorised recipient is strictly prohibited.
Viruses: This message has been swept for viruses but we cannot guarantee
that this e-mail or its attachments are virus free nor accept
responsibility for any virus inadvertently transmitted herewith.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom