Play.com Catacombs...

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Mine too...says "allow 3-5 days for delivery" but ah well, least I have Cats to explore on account 1 in the meantime (woot for DLGamer) :D

ian_heaps

Fledgling Freddie
Hopefully it will be here for friday. then I'll be able to fester in my dark pit all weekend leveling a nuw toon, eating takeaway food

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Yep mine posted aswell :) d/l it was tempting but I prefer to have the disks in my grubby hands.

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
Play are pretty good, usually next day.

Skrad

Fledgling Freddie
eeep, wish I'd noticed this earlier.... mines "packing" now but I guess it won't be posted in time to arrive tomorrow. Ah well, ta for the info :D

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Any reason why the mods deleted my posts in this thread?

:m00:

Gungo

One of Freddy's beloved
Yeah agree with Brunore most of my play orders arrive day after dispatch, so hopefully my accounts will arrive tomorrw :)

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
bah come on postman... did you get yours through with normal post? or through royal mail parcel van?

Skrad

Fledgling Freddie
DocWolfe said:
bah come on postman... did you get yours through with normal post? or through royal mail parcel van?

grrr, mine didn't arrive with the normal post.... that's it: if anyone needs me, I'll be stood at the front window watching for the parcel ven!

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
RAR just arrived I can confirm it arrives in a van... it's too big to fit through letter box

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
YES - arrived at work this morning - now just to figure a way to go home sick and play ;)

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Accupuncture said:
YES - arrived at work this morning - now just to figure a way to go home sick and play ;)

Just say you ate something that made you feel bad. Should give you an extra day tomorrow as well ;)

Note to self: Never hire people that play mmorpgs :p

Skrad

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:
Just say you ate something that made you feel bad. Should give you an extra day tomorrow as well ;)

Note to self: Never hire people that play mmorpgs :p

OMG! I just had an awful thought.... what if the guy driving the van with my copy in it plays too and has just eating something that makes him feel bad??? EEK call the post-police!

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
Skrad said:
OMG! I just had an awful thought.... what if the guy driving the van with my copy in it plays too and has just eating something that makes him feel bad??? EEK call the post-police!

lmao

Nice box by the way. Glad I waited and didnt DLGamer it.

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
aye, only got one copy from dlgamer. my play.com order has been shipped too. \o/

Hopefully delivered today or tomorrow :D

All dues to dlgamer and stuff but I thought they could have tried to get the price down a wee bit. £20 or 30 Euros seems a bit much considering what you actually get. They must have made a packet the last few days. :)

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
you were paying for the fact that they had the monopoly...

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
And bandwidth isn't free. Especially not the sort of bandwidth that lets hundreds of people download 2.6GB of files simultaneously.

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
I didn't download it from them. I literally received their email and typed in the key. Thats all I wanted/needed. Admittedly others needed the download and payed for that.

But for example if you look at the serials only section, it's still the same price. Thats a little off imo, but hey nm :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
distribution contracts ;)

you did have the choice to wait you know :)

having one copy from dlgamer means I only have 3 boxes kicking around in the junk room now at least ;)

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Ordered about 4:30pm Tuesday, checked status at about 9pm, being proccessed and by 7am Wednesday the status was posted.

Brilliant!

hope it comes today or tomorrow. :)

Can't argue with £15, everywhere else was £20 :-O

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
pre-ordered on play.com, dispatched on 29th, just arrived on my desk!

trez sexxeh box....

boss boss i'm feeling i'll - can i go home plz?

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Takhasis said:
pre-ordered on play.com, dispatched on 29th, just arrived on my desk!

trez sexxeh box....

boss boss i'm feeling i'll - can i go home plz?

of course you can go home, just remember to leave me the 5 plat tip.

:m00:

DLgamer-oot

Fledgling Freddie
inqy said:
aye, only got one copy from dlgamer. my play.com order has been shipped too. \o/

Hopefully delivered today or tomorrow :D

All dues to dlgamer and stuff but I thought they could have tried to get the price down a wee bit. £20 or 30 Euros seems a bit much considering what you actually get. They must have made a packet the last few days. :)

Do you think having personel up at 4 am on a saturday to answer clients comes from free ?

Do you think bandwith or servers are handed out for nothing ?

Of course, we make more money on a serial only product than on one with download but that just helps spread the initial costs.
As a matter of fact someone selling a box in a shop probably has a higher margin than we do.
We could make a lot more of money if we accepted to lesser our standards.

I am always astounded how people want great service but at the same time think that it just falls out of the sky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom