Play.com Catacombs...

Adoctor

Fledgling Freddie
DLgamer-oot said:
Do you think having personel up at 4 am on a saturday to answer clients comes from free ?

Do you think bandwith or servers are handed out for nothing ?

Of course, we make more money on a serial only product than on one with download but that just helps spread the initial costs.
As a matter of fact someone selling a box in a shop probably has a higher margin than we do.
We could make a lot more of money if we accepted to lesser our standards.

I am always astounded how people want great service but at the same time think that it just falls out of the sky.

tbh, even tho i didn't order from u guys, i think u've provided an excellent service for players.

anyway what the hell r people complaining about €30 is approx £20, which is what u would find it for in all high street shops.

Aferin

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone else having 'FUN' activating? :m00: Site says is /Start menu says ToA
- etcetera

Sorted- np

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
DLgamer-oot said:
Do you think having personel up at 4 am on a saturday to answer clients comes from free ?

Do you think bandwith or servers are handed out for nothing ?

Of course, we make more money on a serial only product than on one with download but that just helps spread the initial costs.
As a matter of fact someone selling a box in a shop probably has a higher margin than we do.
We could make a lot more of money if we accepted to lesser our standards.

I am always astounded how people want great service but at the same time think that it just falls out of the sky.
Learning to take criticism or suggestions doesn't seem to be part of your "great service" though.

Don't over react, I was hardly bad mouthing you and remember the customer is always right :D

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
inqy said:
Learning to take criticism or suggestions doesn't seem to be part of your "great service" though.

Don't over react, I was hardly bad mouthing you and remember the customer is always right :D
Easy tiger - err kitten...Think they did a good job on the whole - nothings perfect :)

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
inqy said:

unless if course your american , then your always right..........

:m00:

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
inqy said:
and remember the customer is always right :D

No they ain't - and sometimes they need to be told how it is. Hmmm, I think that's why I don't work in the consumer industry :p

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh the customer is nearly always wrong, even if the customer thinks they are in the right they need to take a step back and accept it.

Even if its the crappiest service in the world if your not prepared to work in the industry then dont critisise other people.

Are you the sort of person who goes to a cafe orders somthing to eat makes a mess of the table gets up and leaves the plates behind because

"someone is paid to clean this up"

9 times out of 10 people arnt paid to clean up they just have to because the place would look undtidy.

i would say that dlgamer has handled a bad situation well they have done their best and provided a service to people too impatient to wait a week :)

Patience is normally the best virtue when dealing with support personal they are more likely to help you and not instantly stick your whine on the bottom of the pile.

I dont think you should take crap like people who say "ive had this new washing machine repaired 30 times and it still dont work" after the third time ask for money back and go somewhere else imo :)

Skrad

Fledgling Freddie
It's here! It's here! IT'S HERE!!!!

*licks shiny box*
/wave

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
TheBinarySurfer said:
And incidentally damnit play posted my order on the 29th - where is it grrr...

Same here, I want to know where the hell my copy is...

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
I think you'll find I've hardly flamed dlgamer. I purchased from them and I'm not displeased about what I did receive. But yet as I mentioned I was after less than some and just wanted to pay a little less for simply a serial key.

And yes the customer is quite often wrong but you have to let them know this in as nice a way as possible. :) Or don't and just do what you can. So as far as they are concerned they are right.

BTW! How often when you do complain do you feel like you are in the wrong when actually you know you aren't.

Example, you get coke but asked for sprite from some McDonalds gimp. By time you realise you have walked to a table and (presuming you can be bothered) you make your way back to the counter.

The first thing you have to do is either wait or be rude and speak over someone else that is being served. Next you complain, but how do you do this. Well me personally I find myself saying. "I'm sorry but you gave me coke and I asked for sprite".

Anyway I think you know what I mean. When I do complain I try to sugar coat it a little bit. Oh and I always clear my table and thank the staff (if possible) when I leave.

Back on topic....Where's my play.com order ;)

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
I've ordered Trials of Atlantis (for my 2nd account) on play.com last saturday (26th March), they said it was shipped on Sunday (27th March) but I still didnt received it...Anyone knows if it's normal that it takes so long? I live in the Netherlands btw, does that affect the shipping time? In the mail it said "please allow 3-5 days for delivery" but it's now 5 days after they said it was shipped but still didnt got ToA delivered yet :(. Thought it was cheap, for 15.99 euro's....

Malakili

Fledgling Freddie
Play are pretty good with shipping things but seems a bit strange them shipping on Easter Sunday when I doubt there was even anyone there. Plus the Monday was a bank holiday too.

If I was you I'd give it another few days, specially with you living in europe and if still no look send them an email. I know the tend to be very good with complaints as out of about the 100+ dvds and cd's I've had from there 1 didn't arrive and so they shipping me another one free of change anyway.

Malakili

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
yeah thats what I thought was strange too, on sunday they send me a mail that the order is posted! And it was easter yes...I just checked the mail again, got it on sunday 27th march 2005 on 14.09PM:

To: xxxxxxxx
Your order for Dark Age Of Camelot: Trial Of Atlantis (Expansion Pack) has been posted.

Please allow 3-5 days delivery.

Please check the following order information:

Order reference: xxxxxxx
Title: Dark Age Of Camelot: Trial Of Atlantis (Expansion Pack)
Price: EURO 15.99
Delivery Cost: FREE
Payment: Credit Card

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom