Planned Changes

S

Starman

Hello fellow members of the BW EF community.

Well you asked for it, and here is it. List of changes I am planning to put forward onto the public EF servers. But before I do I would like to hear your comments, suggestions, and criticism. Let it be noted that these changes are not final they are just what i have worked out from talking with people, and reading what you bitch about here ;)

Servers:

CTF

I am planning to change the current CTF server lay out to the following:

CTF 1-2 - Popular Official CTF Maps
CTF 3 - Expansion Pack Maps Only
CTF 4 - All Standard CTF Maps
CTF 5-6 - Popular Custom Maps (Voting Enabled)

You may be wondering what happening to the current CTF 7, I will get to that later. Also I will be listing the maps I have in mind later

FFA

FFA 1 - No Change
FFA 2 - Expansion Pack Maps Only

Dual's

The dual servers seem fine, I see no need to change them - Unless you guys think different.

In2tagib

in2tagib 1 - No Change
in2tagib 2 CTF - No Change

But I will be adding a 2rd in2tagib CTF, now because we cant bring any more servers online this will be coming from the current CTF 7 Custom Map Server. So the new lay out will be:

in2tagib 1 - FFA
in2tagib 2 - CTF
in2tagib 3 - CTF

Expansion Pack Mode Servers

Now these servers I am not sure what to do with, they don't seem to be used much but I am inclined to leave them as they currently are. Unless you guys think different.

Maps:

Now onto everyone's favourite subject, map rotations.

CTF

CTF 1-2 - Popular Official CTF Maps

Maps for this server will be:

ctf_geothermal
ctf_spyglass
ctf_voy1
ctf_voy2
*ctf_space*
ctf_and1
ctf_kln1
ctf_kln2
pro_faceoff

Note on CTF-Space - I know allot of people do not like this map, and they tend to be louder than the people who do. So I am still deciding on whether to include this map.

CTF 3 - Expansion Pack Maps Only

All CTF Expansion Pack Maps

CTF 4 - All Standard CTF Maps

Same as current rotation.

CTF 5-6 - Popular Custom Maps (Voting Enabled)

waterzone
ctf_dn1
ctf_for1
ctf_oldwest
ctf_resevoir
ctf_singularity
ctf_and2
ctf_thebunker
ctf_chi
gamma_station
ctf_insurrection
jungle
ctf_mansion
ctf_nebulaclash
ctf_redsun
ctf_zeta
pad garden
pad gallery
pad kitchen
pad center

FFA / Dual's / In2tagib

No change on any of the maps on this server, unless you guys would like to ask different.

Right that's all I can think of (I am sure that is it) now I open the floor to you guys, with you comments.
If you would like more maps, I ask that you email me, and upload them to the BW FTP (ftp://ftp.barrysworld.com/incoming/efmaps/) or you can provide me with links - upload to the BW is best, makes it easier for me and the server admin guys who have to set these servers up.

Any other requests please post here, or you can email me (email in sig)

Oh before I forget we have some new public admins, I am sure you already know most of them but if you don't they are:

Name: ICQ:
  • Bull33tPr00f 129710988
  • MAS|IceSlim 100920342
  • ||TF||Bond 116090958
  • [CLF]picard17 76348191

I have asked for the EF admin page here to be updated with this info, but its going to be some time before its updated. If you need an admin they can be found along with me (almost 24/7) in #bwadmins on quakenet (irc.quakenet.org).

Right as its almost 2 am here, I am now off to bed I will check the thread in the morning :)

Good Night, and Thanks

:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

O

old.MAS|Bull33tPr00

:D

sounds great :) let's rock this joint!!!

noone woke me up for lunch today and here I am posting at undue hour... ;)

O

old.Dreadnought

wooohooo a 2nd instagib server :) gr8n starman thx! this is what we need man !

ummmm with regard to the xpansion pack servers.... i think u should enable voting on the specialties and assimilation ones m8! thats why no1 uses them...cos they are stuck on crap maps like ctf_stasis and other maps that dont work well with assim.... so if u enable voting, which NGUK did once upon a time, u should get quite a lot of people going to them and going on all their fav maps :)

u would be able to do this right? its better than having no1 go in them....

W

widdy

DEATH TO SPACE!

DEATH TO SPACE!

DEATH TO SPACE!

DEATH TO SPACE!

DEATH TO SPACE!

DEATH TO SPACE!

DEATH TO SPACE!

DEATH TO SPACE!

do you think I went a little too far there? lol

IMHO space should go mate,all too many times we've been playing something like geothermal (or whatever proceeds space) with all player slots full and then when space comes on your left with about 3-4 players.Bit of a unpopular map IMO.

O

old.MAS_Iceslim

I agree with Dread (thats a first) on the voting on specs and assim

PADMAPS !!!! Yippee that map rotation looks soooo good,Whens the party PADDY? Mansion,Jungle hehehehehehehe

Will Jungle be available on a bookable?

And last but not least Starman you just gotta upload the new bajoran map when its done .

O

old.Dreadnought

lol ice ;)

and yeh hes right about the bajoran map :p

W

widdy

lol no more paddy partys :( waddy left last month

O

old.MAS_Iceslim

W00t?

:(

then get him back m8, use extreme force if neccessary

O

old.Dreadnought

also.... when are these changes going to take place starman ?

W

widdy

lol thats his choice mate,mind you thats what he does,joins a clan,leaves it,joins a clan..................so on and so forth.

S

Starman

erm, i would guess monday of next week. I want to get some more feed back first - I also need to upload all the custom maps to the BW FTP, and get a list of the xp maps. So i will send the request off on saturday / sunday and hopefully the server admins will get onto it on monday.

S

Starman

HI again,
I have a request, I do not know where to find half the maps that have been requested for the custom server. If you guys would be so kind to post links where to find the custom maps in the list I would be very grateful and it would also speed up the time taken before the changes go live.

M

mr.Blacky

got a couple of question:

- bw4 no changes, does it have space on it? if so dont look at my second question.

- can it be possible to have just on one server Space and only once every 2 mapcycles.

- instead of creating another ctf in2tagib server, could it be a disintegration server? though there are only small diverances between the 2 I prefer disint.

- perhaps having a dual disint/in2tagib server? dont know if it is possible because it is not in the option for the bookables.

for the rest good changes :D

M

mr.Blacky

and bunker is a fan map that is on the cd's somewhere

S

Starman

- bw4 no changes, does it have space on it? if so dont look at my second question.

Yes

- instead of creating another ctf in2tagib server, could it be a disintegration server? though there are only small diverances between the 2 I prefer disint.

hmm well most people prefer in2tagib, but I will keep an eye on the server usage over the following weeks. We can go from there.

- perhaps having a dual disint/in2tagib server? dont know if it is possible because it is not in the option for the bookables.

No its not sorry.

D

[DAD]Monty73

All sounds great, at last some new maps, good job starman.:clap:

One thing though, I don’t think the EXP CTF server will be that busy. Some of the maps are 2 big and people wont play them in small numbers at which time they will empty and be stuck. Voting on this server would be a great advantage. I am not against having it though I like the maps.

Also the EXP CTF_Neptune map will screw allot of peoples FPS as it reduces even the best of systems to below 25fps. Allot of people will be ok but I know allot that will be effected on this map and will think its laggy BW servers which will not be the case. I run a 1.47GHz Athlon with 384MB DDR Ram with a Ge Force 2 GTS 32MB ( a bit old now ) and when I play with all graphics to full at 1024 x 768 my FPS can drop to 22fps on occasion, when on VOY2 and other standard maps its peaking at over 160fps and rarely below 90fps.

Just my thoughts. :sleeping:

D

[DAD]Monty73

P.s. Any chance of the Pro Maps instead of the standard ones?

It would get rid of the roof people on Geo and the Invisible Walkway on VOY2, and the Astronomy Map is great fun.

O

old.MAS|Bull33tPr00

astronomy is 2vs2 (says it's creator)

D

[DAD]Monty73

2v2? It’s a fairly big map. I have played it with more players than that and it works great.

O

old.MAS|Bull33tPr00

Arrggghhh mistake!!! thought it was observatory you were talking about

S

Starman

Pro maps, yes

Just been talking with my admins they will be added to CTF 1-2.

So we have:

pro_voy1 - replacing ctf_voy
pro_voy2 - replacing ctf_voy2
pro_and1 - replacing ctf_and1
pro_kln1 - replacing ctf_kln1
pro_geothermal - replacing ctf_geothermal
pro_astro - new map

D

[DAD]Monty73

Starman - U 'D' Man

Starmans Admins - U 'D' Men

:clap: