planetside this friday

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
I like the look of the terran units - but don't wanna join it if everyone's flocking due to some particular unit being too good...

Quite a lot of people will go Terran simply because they're Terran. In the end it evened out, at least on the beta.

At the end of the day you'll get your chaingun freaks going Terran, your Shotgun addicts going NC, and your weirdos going Vanu.

M

Madonion Slicer

Hienrich, cheers for the info you have got me well looking forward to it now, will follow your tips.

Daily respec you say, so you can test out lots of different aspec of the game.

Do you have to pick a class, eg Wizard you can respec to fire ice or Earth but you always be a Wizard, can become a Sorc.

P

[PS]Venom

Trust me, that single skill respec every 24 hours is absolutely brilliant. Allows you to find your playing style without wasting loads of time :)

Completely open ended. To use the daoc comaparison, you can start off as a Wizard and respec to a Paladin ;)

There are a couple of things to remember though, you can only do one skill at a time, and you can't wipe out a pre requisite skill - i.e. if you don't like being a sniper, you can't take out Medium Assault and Sniper as one, you have to take out Sniper, then Medium assault but it skill means in a couple of days you have your points back.

It's also REALTIME, not gametime :)

M

Madonion Slicer

Excellent, with DAOC i started as a Tank as they are the best classes i think to get a simple feel for a game, was for me anyway.

Then once you know your stuff you can spec a class a little more specilised.

Hienrich you need to start you own PS website and forum mate, i can see you being called apon lots for help.

P

[PS]Venom

Maybe I should start something like a forum - I do have one ready set up that the same small group of users have been browsing for nearly 3 years now.

I'll have to think about that :D

I just love the feel of the game. It's easy on the new players, skill for the old ones... Just pure class :)

If you want to play Vanu look me up, once I made my chars they'll be on my sig :)

T

thug

yep bought the game today from Game, eu server is up named=werner
cu in there

O

old.Xarr

i ordered it from cdromshop with dhl express.. i think i'm going to have it tomorrow. i'm leaning towards vanu now.. always loved the look of their alien-ish uniforms and armor.

are there several euro servers or is this 'werner' the place to be? :)

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by [PS]Venom
Aye it's official, try looking on the BW planetside boards - someone who works at game has posted saying it's today they have it for sale :)

Onion, sniper with hack is viable, but not from the start. If you go through the training program you get 6 points to spend on skills. To be a sniper you need Medium Assault which is 2 points, Sniper is 3 points. This leaves you unable to get anything else. I suggest when you hit BR4 and get an extra point you buy a vehicle skill - Wraith or Basilisk. This will make you able to move around quicker.

When you get your 3rd point, use a daily respec, get rid of your vehicle and go hack :) (Hack is 3pt)

Although with no stealth you'll find hack difficult to use effectively - I took hacking with my reaver pilot and I found that useful because I could hack terminals on bases to get me a new reaver :)

I phoned the blackburn on and they won't sell it to me.

P

[PS]Nova

Werner is the only EU server, but you have access to all servers inc the 4 US servers (Emerald, Johari, Konried and Markov) so you can pick. I think most EU players will start on the EU server and have other chars on the other servers as and when.

And yes, it's official, it's out today, the servers are up, we (me and Hienrich) have our copies, and made our accounts ;)

Just hurry because there's the same naming thing as daoc, you can't have 2 ppl with the same name ;)

O

old.Xarr

hope cdromshop pulls through so i get it tomorrow...

i'll be going vanu since there seems to be alot of nice people going there as well :)

P

[PS]Venom

At the moment vanu is the underdog realm, but there's probably about 10 people actually on the server at the moment hehe :D

M

Madonion Slicer

If we can get enough of us on tonight then we can form probably one of the first Clans.

P

[PS]Venom

Sounds good, unfortuntly I can't get on to play for too long if at all tonight but we'll have to see. You need 10 people.

There is myself and my wife as a start :)

P

[PS]Nova

Come join the Sovereign Guard!

All good Vanu who want to show the TR and NC why evolution is not just good, it's necessary!

D

deygos

arghghghgh gonna have me my copy tomoz... see u in game on werner/VS

:)

P

[PS]Venom

When are people that want to join the outfit getting on tonight?

Reasoning being I would like to at least have someone on tonight that can invite, seeing as we won't be able to get on.

B

BrassMonkey

Well i ordered my copy today...hope i'll get it tomorrow or if not i'll jsut wait til monday.

Im gonna go Vanu...i prefer the purple suits and the 'technological' side.....+i get the jibblies over laZor guns and hoover vehicles :p

P

[PS]Nova

Well we (me and Hienrich) will be on all tomorrow, probably 10am through midnight knowing us. So if you can't get an invite tonight, please please just wait til tomorrow.. because unless people give us a specific time for tonight we can't get on.

And anyone on Werner/VS, come join the Sovereign Guard!

J

Jonaldo

If I don't get my copy from Amazon tomorrow I won't get it till Tuesday :mad:

nerf British Bank Holidays!!1

P

[PS]Nova

Game have them in stock - that's where we got it. We cancelled our order with Amazon for precisely that reason - they were quoting tues/wed for delivery.

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by -Warhawk-
i get the jibblies over laZor guns and hoover vehicles :p

Hoover vehicles?

Hmm..

"It kills! It Maims! It even remove unsightly dust and debris after blowing the shit out of the world!"

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by [PS]Angel
Game have them in stock - that's where we got it. We cancelled our order with Amazon for precisely that reason - they were quoting tues/wed for delivery.

Unfortunatly you do have to pay about £10 more which freaking sucks.

Ripoff merchants :p

B

BrassMonkey

Yeah you know...Hoover vehicles....like *swoosh* *swoo* *vroom* etc ....plus are there masses of water on the battlefields? If so Vanu have a distinct advantage...hover vehicles and jump jets

here they come again....the jibbly jibblies

P

[PS]Venom

There's a fair amount of water but bear in mind you can't go over it for long, and if you land in the water or run out of hoverjets you're pretty much phucked :)

D

deygos

u using mics etc? im only gonna join an outfit full of ladies with sexeh voices

P

[PS]Nova

Originally posted by [PS]Venom
There's a fair amount of water but bear in mind you can't go over it for long, and if you land in the water or run out of hoverjets you're pretty much phucked :)

Yeah whatever you do, don't do what I did.. land a massive dropship on a beach which is slanted, and then have to jump out and swim very fast as it slides into the water and sinks like a stone ;)

P

[PS]Nova

Originally posted by deygos
u using mics etc? im only gonna join an outfit full of ladies with sexeh voices

We don't have the capability as of yet, but are planning to get them hopefully depending on cost etc.

And I'm a lady and I've been told before I have a sexeh voice.. will that do? ;)

D

deygos

And I'm a lady and I've been told before I have a sexeh voice.. will that do?

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh yeah wanna go private? :D

i got me raybans and helmet also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom