planetside this friday

O

old.ivan

National Conglomerate, nick: Tulio. see you guys there.

PS: TR needs a nerf , NC needs a better uniform style <chicken yellow isnt posh enough> and Vanu are just freaky.

O

old.Tyraette

hmm.

i know nothing about it whatsoever, but if i see names i recognise here, i might think about it :D

if i do, nick will be shaeffer, naturally :p

G

Gimly

Looking at picking it up but not sure of the server names for the Euro version.. anyone help.

Also would be nice to go to the server where most of DAoC player base will be... any tips? :)

C

Cush

so.. release is this friday? mebbe i should go pick the game up to have something to do when bored.. or is this as time consuming as Daoc?

T

Teh Krypt

OMFG YOUR SUCH A BANDWAGON'ER !1111111!11

Just because you want to join a certain empire you can't becuase you will be called iddul names.

S

Spinky

What's so bandwagon-like about TR, and why do they need a nerf? oO

O

old.Xarr

TR ain't overpowered or unbalanced... i've played a char to br14 in both TR and NC. they have their good and bad sides.

O

old.ivan

simple example : NC small clip, TR huge clip. NC rate of fire teh sook, TRs insane < why is this good ? well if you like moving about and dodge bullets , so to speak, then what good is a Gauss against you ?>. Not to mention chicken yellow outfit i wore at BR 15 .. that was embarassing. TR AV Max unit is mucho better than NC counterpart as rockets arent guided and that makes hitting a moving target practically impossible. Other than that i have no complaints.

O

old.Xarr

first of all the NC gauss rifle carries alot more punch than the TR cycler so I don't care all that much about the extra bullets in the larger clip they have. second the NC has the vanguard to weigh up for the lack in their MAX units. the vanguard OWNS the prowler so hard it's kinda sad.

like i said each empire has their strong and weak points.

also i like the NC uniform and color. very stylish :)

S

Scarloc

I dont know which side I'll be on, but nickname will be Sats (ah, the days of quake II).

Cya in there! :)

O

old.ivan

Alot more punch really ? heres a comparison for ya , did a test in VR. Gauss to take down a reinforced enemy = 20 rounds <out of 30 clip>. Cycler = 30 rounds <out of 50 clip>. And then , when you are out of bullets and are reloading /switching weapon .. cycler pwnage time at close range :) Gauss pwnage is a myth.

O

old.Xarr

i prefer power over capacity any day... guess it boils down to personal preference ;)

O

old.ivan

Yep :) The point i was also tryin to make is experiment what works best for you, what combo of skills/weapons . Start testing in VR then take it to the field. Try it yourself instead of merely relying on given info. :cool:

S

SilverHood

I'll be doing my sniping as soon as I can :D

NC, I think tho

might change, if I can find an established outfit

and the EU servers are live *right now* afaik, just that the game isn't released in the shops until Friday (online ones will have it before...) :)

O

old.Tyraette

bugger it, im in :) reading a little, and looks good. erm, wheres the majority of you evil wee munchkins going? are there more than one european servers?

D

deygos

EURO servers are due to go up this weekend. cant find any official news of this tho

im going VS with a bunch of mates...all got our headsets ready lol
(helmet + raybans in the post :) )

as soon as i know the server names i;ll chuck 'em on here.

gonna kick off with that tune from top gun when i take off in me reaver

....flyyyyyinggg thruuuuuuu the danger ZONE!

P

[PS]Venom

Going VS also on EU release.

Also, in england at least it gets released on THURSDAY, in game stores.

You got a big outfit lined up then deygos?

T

Tranquil-

Is that the one with two fucking chainguns that rips through me all the time? :(

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by Tranquil-
Is that the one with two fucking chainguns that rips through me all the time? :(

Yup. My best tactic for them is to fire my jump jets and confuse the fook out of them. :p

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by *Hienrich*
Going VS also on EU release.

Also, in england at least it gets released on THURSDAY, in game stores.

You got a big outfit lined up then deygos?

Is this offical? I can go after school if so..

M

Madonion Slicer

Have it on order, never played the Beta Version so have no idea what to expect.

Hope to play a Sniper type with hacking skills, as far as sides and servers i have no idea.

P

[PS]Venom

Aye it's official, try looking on the BW planetside boards - someone who works at game has posted saying it's today they have it for sale :)

Onion, sniper with hack is viable, but not from the start. If you go through the training program you get 6 points to spend on skills. To be a sniper you need Medium Assault which is 2 points, Sniper is 3 points. This leaves you unable to get anything else. I suggest when you hit BR4 and get an extra point you buy a vehicle skill - Wraith or Basilisk. This will make you able to move around quicker.

When you get your 3rd point, use a daily respec, get rid of your vehicle and go hack :) (Hack is 3pt)

Although with no stealth you'll find hack difficult to use effectively - I took hacking with my reaver pilot and I found that useful because I could hack terminals on bases to get me a new reaver :)

F

Flimgoblin

I like the look of the terran units - but don't wanna join it if everyone's flocking due to some particular unit being too good...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom