Places to live around (but not in) Croydon

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
as online head surely you can argue to meet (meat?) the models? ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Beckenham is okay gaffer, lots of very rich twats around there though. It is pricey to get back from croydon on a night out though as Jup has said. I still think you should look at purley, especially considering where you are working.. it will be on route.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Beckenham is okay gaffer, lots of very rich twats around there though. It is pricey to get back from croydon on a night out though as Jup has said. I still think you should look at purley, especially considering where you are working.. it will be on route.

I was saying it's cheap, 'town' being central London, not downtown chavtown FFS :eek7::touch::kissit:

Pfy

Fledgling Freddie
Beckenham isnt what it used to be. The golf course is shit, the swimming pool is full of mongs and I hate the oval round-a-bout at the pictures.

That aid, Kelsey Park is lovely and generally any house in 'Beckenham Place Park' is quite nice.

But surely wrong side of Croydon.

Pfy

Fledgling Freddie
The Mrs says Whyteleafe (up the back of), Caterham, Warlingham, Kenley.

Reckons Warlingham is best. Also if going from Beckenham by car you're no doubt going to travel on Godstone Road which is bad enough at a good time of the day.

Oh and Ann Summers sell there goods cheap to staff members, end of stock stuff iirc.

Pfy

Fledgling Freddie
Oh and its not £20 in a cab, its much more likely to be £45/50.

Costs me £35 back to Thornton Heath.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Caterham has an awesome scary clay pigeon ground.

Beckenham is shite.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Interesting thread.

Firstly, avoid Sutton like the plague. Full of chavvy scum who drink piss for fun.

Croydon too is a shithole that is only beaten by Wakefield. Even at night it is now unsafe to go out on the lash unless you are wearing body armour and surrounded by 500 riot police.

Beckenham is ok, as Ted says (he lives there) it is where the old people go to die. Some nice pubs and a couple of nice restuarants but that is it. Expect to travel for decent night life.

Bromley, well I lived there for a few years and I did enjoy it. Living a little away from the town was great and never once experienced any trouble.

Shirley is nice but it is sandwiched between Croydon and New Addington. In a few years it will be overcome with scrotes.

Personally I wouldn't live in Beckenham, it is a real pain trying to get anywhere out of the area due to a total fuckup in road design done by someone who was on a visit from Ireland.

Now, if it was me, I would look south somewhere along the Gatwick express line maybe just outside of the M25. I have friends that commute daily to Croydon from Forest Row (south of E Grinstead) by car and train. They don't really complain that much.

Oh, and the road that the Ann Summer's building is on is a bastard. At one end its full of pikey houses :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom