PK camping

S

sebulastrings

When Hibernia gathered forces and took the central keep they had like 30+ in Thidranki for the first few days. Then the major zerg started to fade because people wanted to continue their journey to become a more experienced player and they headed for the 50th season.

Now its like one, maybe two full groups of hibs who are running around the ck.

I know there isn't really a realm that can get to level 24 the fastest but i do know is that its very easy in Albion and Midgard then it is in Hibernia. I know you can get to 24 easily in Hibernia too if you get a group, and i mean IF. What also says something about the leveling speed in Albion is that everyone who's beyond the 40's has a twinked alt at 24 to have some fun in Thidranki when bored playing his/her main. There for you don't see alot of Albionians in Thidranki, maybe one or two full groups and sometimes three.

None of the two realms you prefer are in need of reinforcements. I would say, choose what you think will fit you best, but i would say Hibernia. It's all up to you my friend but which realm you pick, you must have fun in the game. And believe me, you won't have fun when people tell everyone not to group with you because you are a lowsy Cleric and that you can't play daoc very well. This happened to me in Albion but that's not of any concern.

What i also would like to say is that its hard to cooperate in every realm. Like Silverhood said, albs need leadership and hibs need to open their eyes and check out more of this amazing place.

I hope it helped you make your decision abit easier.

P.S. fun is what counts! ;)

D

decline

Re: some wrote

Originally posted by old.Krogar_Thane
and to the people who cant calmly tell the guy, this thread is old, move along or offer some new fresh answers....instead having to insult and chuck names out, are usually the same people who laugh spam in game, and coincidentally, they are also usually players of little skill who hide in the zerg.

Yes, because patience (or lack thereof) with someone with which one has had past negative discussions with reflects directly upon their playing ability, and of course also their willingness to join in zergs.

Yes that makes much logical sense.

I hope I don't hurt my ability to play a game by saying this, but suck a dick, and quit being illogical.

There's your incited flame, buddy.

:clap:

S

SilverHood

my sb is lvl 20.5

she has about 20 hours /played

never leveld a char that fast, ever

its all about practise... if i was to do a melee char like skald or zerker, I bet I could hit 24 before 1 day was played

might be easier with skald because of speed

if I was to go to hib and lvl a char to 24, it would probably take me 2 days, mainly cos I don't have money for crafted weapons, crafted armor, low lvl magic gear from my lowbie day, etc.

Albion is slightly easier at lower levels because of the BASELINE dmg add's from wizards and theurgs

Still, leveled 6 chars to 20+ on midgard, and I pretty much know the routine :D

S

Sigurd

Re: Re: some wrote

Originally posted by decline

Yes, because patience (or lack thereof) with someone with which one has had past negative discussions with reflects directly upon their playing ability, and of course also their willingness to join in zergs.

Yes that makes much logical sense.

I hope I don't hurt my ability to play a game by saying this, but suck a dick, and quit being illogical.

There's your incited flame, buddy.

:clap:

Grow up.

O

old.Krogar_Thane

touche

why on earth would you be filling your "fun and recreation time"

with negative discussions and arguments with people, in what is, in essence a social, group oriented game.

i stick to my guns that while not a 100% cast iron generalistion, it is often the case

the laugh spammers, who never leave the zerg, have little skill, simply because thats all they know, and have not tried, explored or advanced beyond that very basic level of the game.

i suggest you perhaps attempt to re condition yourself from the barrysworld "way of things" and join the discussion, instead of flaming, even tho i did invite you to.

regards, to all who are open minded enough to discuss

D

decline

Okay, I've had five characters in thid:

hunter
warrior
critblade
summoning sm
another shadowblade

And on none of those characters I group. I solo and find fun for myself in thid. Do I bitch about hibs zerging MB to MPK? No, I just avoid them ffs.

i stick to my guns that while not a 100% cast iron generalistion, it is often the case the laugh spammers, who never leave the zerg, have little skill, simply because thats all they know, and have not tried, explored or advanced beyond that very basic level of the game.

What does that have to do with me calling someone a name?
Implying that I laugh spam or something?

You target Krogar.
You laugh at Krogar!
You laugh at Krogar!
You laugh at Krogar!
You laugh at Krogar!
You laugh at Krogar!
You laugh at Krogar!
You laugh at Krogar!
You laugh at Krogar!

S

Sigurd

Okay, I've had five characters in thid:

hunter
warrior
critblade
summoning sm
another shadowblade

And on none of those characters I group. I solo and find fun for myself in thid.

Ah, one of those people :)

D

decline

Ya, one of those people that prefer to not turn thidranki into a zerg like emain.

Ya, one of those people who find good fights instead of sitting in APK making posts about 'lame PK campers.'

Ya, one of those people that find tons of amusement in thid, and one of those people that don't see much to whine about.

S

sebulastrings

yay, w2g decline.

Chimera Teh Gimph~!!!11
Chimera Teh Gimph~!!!11
Chimera Teh Gimph~!!!11
Chimera Teh Gimph~!!!11
Chimera Teh Gimph~!!!11

:eek:

S

Sigurd

Originally posted by sebulastrings
yay, w2g decline.

Chimera Teh Gimph~!!!11
Chimera Teh Gimph~!!!11
Chimera Teh Gimph~!!!11
Chimera Teh Gimph~!!!11
Chimera Teh Gimph~!!!11

:eek:

You really are pathetic, go back to your cave deserter.

And decline, you are obviously not a team player so you are disqualified from having an opinion.

S

SilverHood

I would love it if 30 mids capped....... that would leave about 15 mids in thid during primtime, rather than 30+

D

Dook_Pug

Originally posted by the_chimera

You really are pathetic, go back to your cave deserter.

And decline, you are obviously not a team player so you are disqualified from having an opinion.

Why level a toon to 24 just to cap out in 2 days?

The chars are made to have fun, not much fun to be had in capping after 2 days because your group zergs everything.

Not being a team player for not grouping in Thid? Yea right.

O

old.Eynar_Vega

Originally posted by Dook_Pug

Dook Pug - 50 RuneMaster - Stormur Vakten
Dosferra Dominus - 50 Shaman
Shimmering - 3x ShadowBlade

Jormungandr

Are you still the "original" Dook btw? Or is someone else playing you atm? Couldn't help noticing yet another guild name in your signature...you change guilds more often than underwear I suppose? ;)

D

Dook_Pug

Originally posted by old.Eynar_Vega

Are you still the "original" Dook btw? Or is someone else playing you atm? Couldn't help noticing yet another guild name in your signature...you change guilds more often than underwear I suppose? ;)

Uh...Yea :p

I've been in three guilds. This being the first guild I joined.

I left it at first due to ignorance, "The grass is always greener on the other side" etc for EoO. Well, EoO was...um...Yea. So I quit EoO for HH. Wasn't happy at HH and returned to the guild I should have stayed in from the start.

So that's 3 guilds since I've been playing (1 more than you). Hardly 'changing guilds more than I change my underwear'.

D

decline

but back to the subject of this post...

Chimera is gay !!1 :m00:

D

decline

oh BTW,

I'm in the process of moving houses and from this post on, I will be gone for 8 days.

So don't get over-zealous when I don't shove your posts craftily back in your face, I will when I get cable hooked up in my new house next sunday, the 18th.

Until then, tootles. :p

S

Sigurd

oh BTW,

I'm in the process of moving houses and from this post on, I will be gone for 8 days.

So don't get over-zealous when I don't shove your posts craftily back in your face, I will when I get cable hooked up in my new house next sunday, the 18th.

Until then, tootles. :p

You really are one fucked up little muppet.

And to be honest, Dook, anyone who caps out in 2 days is playing too much. Play your mains a bit, alternate, my paladin still isn't capped out and I always group with him. Maybe my minstrel would still be around if I only soloed with him, but I had fun, and so did the people who benefitted from my speed and regen songs. Which is what matters.

D

Dook_Pug

Originally posted by the_chimera

And to be honest, Dook, anyone who caps out in 2 days is playing too much. Play your mains a bit, alternate, my paladin still isn't capped out and I always group with him. Maybe my minstrel would still be around if I only soloed with him, but I had fun, and so did the people who benefitted from my speed and regen songs. Which is what matters.

Playing mains is overrated and bloody boring most of the time.

350 RP in two days is easy. When I go to Thidranki on a groupable class I set up a ganksquad and do my own thing. Many times my 1FG of (non stealth) classes have destroyed 2FG of enemy simply because we knew what we were doing (and they didn't :p).

With an average of 2RP per kill that's only 160 (ish) kills. Not that many considering the amount of people that visit Thidranki.

S

SilverHood

yeah, playing mains is deffo over rated

Still hoping that the mid zerg will leave soon

S

Sigurd

To be honest you're bound to get a lot more RPs if your realm has the CK, I did when we had the CK (long time ago :()

K

keela is

[sticking to topic]
yes PK camping ( apk ) is no fun.

M

malmut

When i read all the post most of u flaming guy had no experience of true rvr.

If they had some they will not flame pk camp as they do.

If ur pk is camped just go out from left or right side of it. Then go in another zone or back attack. If we are only five ALb then lets try to find appropriate strategie to kill most of enemy before get killed.

For the leader ship in true rvr for relic or keep raid, if u want to well manage it theirs one rule "LISTEN THE LEADER" eitheir your raid will sucks.

For me bg is the way to take fun when i m bored to leveling my main.

But one thing is sure bridge battle are the funniest and where u earm the more xp.

btw for me DAOC is game for grouping if i want soloing will play pvp server, diablo2, everquest or Counter strike ;)

best regard

S

Sigurd

Friend, if the other Albs would follow me I'd have gladly led them away.

H

hint

Originally posted by SilverHood

hibs need direction
their most imaginative act is camping MB-mpk area

im working on that old bean.

or i was. now my accounts been suspended due to monetary deficiancy so i will have to try working on it when i get back.

Users who are viewing this thread