PK camping

S

Sigurd

What's the point? For nearly the whole evening and night, the mids were camping the Alb PK. Why? Is it fun? Certainly not for us, just extremely tiresome. Whilst you camp us, there are: no battles, one or two skirmishes, maybe a few assassin fights.. that's about it. None would fight me one on one, despite frequent beckons, and at one point the 5 of us were camped by 10-20 mids for almost an hour (until I got bored sick and left)

To be honest you'd think people might learn from the AMG/APK campings of true RvR, but evidentally not, they have to spoil it for everyone in Thidranki too. Congratulations.

And out of interest, how many RPs did you all earn, whilst bravely camping our pk? 5?

D

decline

Are you completely ignorant?

Jump off the side of APK, run off along the zonewall, bypassing the campers, and look for your own fun.

Just because there are mids at APK doesn't mean you have to be.

L

lyne

Originally posted by decline

A bit harsh perhaps?

I'm not sure about anyone else but I've been in a couple of hibby pk camps and I generally get highly bored very quickly, it always amazes me how people can just sit there for hours on end, I'd prefer to scout about as my mentalist in full view and risk PA than just sit there picking out stragglers.

Oh well, takes all sorts and that.

Lyne.

I

ixnay

Aye, I agree with Decline here, there are more ways off that wee hill than straight forward into the group of Mids, you could've easily ran round us without us noticing you.
When I play in Bg and find Albs camping Mpk, I try to think of different ways of getting away from it and then attack the bunch of you from behind and normally works.... Just saying try and make the best out of the situation in anyway you can.
Btw I was playing Marly last night, who capped his rps...so watch this space for my Thane alt Smaka ;)

S

Sigurd

Jump off the side of APK, run off along the zonewall, bypassing the campers, and look for your own fun.

Just because there are mids at APK doesn't mean you have to be.

Oh yes, great idea except I'm a paladin - we can't really solo, or run around alone. And either way, I still don't see the point of 20 camping 5. And if I was you, decline, I'd be careful who I insulted...

S

sebulastrings

Chimera, you total gimp, don't you know how to form a f*cking group or maybe more and zerg the Mids/Hibs from the back? Dude, stop whining about everything and play for fun. There should be alot of "Stop camping the pk's" threads on RvR discussions, but do you see them often? No because they don't whine all day and know why others camp there. You should do the same and go fishing.

Cheers

S

Sigurd

Originally posted by sebulastrings
Chimera, you total gimp, don't you know how to form a f*cking group or maybe more and zerg the Mids/Hibs from the back? Dude, stop whining about everything and play for fun. There should be alot of "Stop camping the pk's" threads on RvR discussions, but do you see them often? No because they don't whine all day and know why others camp there. You should do the same and go fishing.

Cheers

Aren't you the twat who abandoned their realm to role yet another assassin or something? Sorry, your opinion isn't valid here... you obviously don't know albion too well, if one person says "let's go round the back" the rest will say "no, charge the front" or something similar. Most people don't agree, or want to be commanded to do anything. Had my minstrel been uncapped I'd have vacated the portal keep instantly and ran off to have fun, alone if needs be.

D

decline

You insult and complain about the people camping APK, and then whine pathetically more when someone insults you for wasting more time making a whine thread than actually trying to find a solution to the problem ingame?

Don't be so pathetic, you pathetically pathetic gayboy. :m00:

T

tris-

well done mr maturity, couldnt you of just answerd the simple question "Why PK camp?" instead of trying to be insulting?

S

Sigurd

You insult and complain about the people camping APK, and then whine pathetically more when someone insults you for wasting more time making a whine thread than actually trying to find a solution to the problem ingame?

Here we see that you can't bring yourself to debate like an adult, instead you drag yourself down to childish insults right away. Get a life, kid.

K

keela is

oh yeah sebula:

When you coming back to daoc ?
We all want you back, and I miss you!
Come back please, you know you want to ... :)

noruas 22 pbae SM [pause]
Keela hunter

D

decline

Originally posted by n3wbie

well done mr maturity, couldnt you of just answerd the simple question "Why PK camp?" instead of trying to be insulting?

I'm not mature? /cry

Originally posted by the_chimera

Here we see that you can't bring yourself to debate like an adult, instead you drag yourself down to childish insults right away. Get a life, kid.

Debate like an adult? The topic of this post is a whine, about how you get bored of running into a camp of mids and dying over and over--or doing nothing at all--instead of avoiding those mids altogether.

Personally, I find making fun of people with childish insults much more amusing than sharing in your pity party. Here, I'll humour you:

[adult debate mode] Oh chimera, I am deeply saddened by the atrocities the midgardians have been committing by sitting below albion portal keep. I as well feel this is a large problem, but come bearing a solution...[/adult debate mode]

Get a fucking grip and avoid the PK campers, retard.

D

decline

Originally posted by the_chimera

Here we see that you can't bring yourself to debate like an adult, BUT instead you drag yourself down to childish insults right away. Get a life, kid.

Don't mind me. I'm just fixing your grammar.

kid.

S

Sigurd

Pathetic. Now it resorts to offensive names of mentally handicapped people... I think you must have got into the gene pool when the lifeguard wasn't watching :rolleyes:

D

decline

Oh yes, I'm insulting the entire population of the mentally handicapped.

And when I called you gay, I was making a direct jab at the world's homosexual population as well.

I'll quote myself:

Get a fucking grip

S

Sigurd

I give up, Decline, shut the fuck up before I shoot you.

H

Hufner

What a charming conversation...:rolleyes:

Where is Gombur to hand out group-hugs? :p

T

Teh Fonz!!1

:Bursts into song:

"Can you feel the love tonight..."

D

darbey

Some of you people need to grow up or cut down on the testosterone injections. The original poster was perfectly entitled to make a point about pk camping without being insulted. Yes there are ways round it but ultimately it is a bit lame camping pk to get a few easy rp and you cant say it doesnt hamper the flow of the game. Personally i find it quite satisfying to leave out the side go round the back of the happy campers and stick some arrows in em because they are too dumb to realise they arent being shot from the front.

S

snikit

to get back to the thread. why camp Pk's!

holding the ck is worth more Rp's than the camp and waiting for charges by the bridge is much more fun, i currantly have 3 chars at 24 and every time i go to thid all i find are peeps sat w8ing for albs/hibs to leave the pk's to be chased back and the guards to come and flatten the mids, only when mid doesn't own the ck do i find decent low lvl RvR cos Albs/Hibs are in the ck and not being forced to hide, as a mid i find it infuriating that the zerg has found it's way here aswell, not so much a zerg but a seige for the pk's.

when i do fancey a time sat talking tomyself i go to thid and find myself repeating "plz dont camp the PK's come to the brides" and it never fails to amaze me when i hear "can i get a res at the XXX pk plz :)" and l8r in the game when peeps hit 50 and get into real RvR, there will be the same peeps sayingg, well there isn't enough leadership, well when ppl try to lead, try listening. Beseiging the Pk's doen't work you cant take a ram to a PK door, so, although camping the CK would work with the tactics displayed, your on the wrong part of the map

ok thats enough ranting from me (frustration vented, till my next trip to thid) lets see a differant set of tactics plz :p

O

old.Krogar_Thane

some wrote

"You insult and complain about the people camping APK, and then whine pathetically more when someone insults you for wasting more time making a whine thread than actually trying to find a solution to the problem ingame?"

i refer to the last part

than actually trying to find a solution to the problem ingame?

there is no solution, because, like in life, there are a percentage of hard core cunts with no imagination.

yes the battles on the bridges are more fun, yes you get more rp's and action and fun (and less n00b deaths to guards) by fighting in the zone away from the PK's.

every1 knows this, and yet, the hardcore, log on, and the dominant (in numbers) realm camps the enemy PK.

this is not always the case, as sometimes a charismatic or respected player comes on who persuades (read /spams until they listen) the zerg to move from the PK. these are the golden moments, when battles rage back and forth across the bridges and from the battlements.

PK camping sucks
there is no solution

but i would rather sneak out and round the campers and go looking around, be it solo, or with a group, than propogate the camping problem by sitting on your pk under your guards and firing back.

move off! if there is no1 there to camp, they (yes, even those boring dumbass retard campers) will get bored and go looking elsewhere.

ive taken a hunter, a zerker, a runemaster, a shadowblade and a skald through bg 1 on excalibur, and had a blast with every single one of them, sometimes there are nights when it all just clicks and every1 is up for it. sometimes there is a disparity of numbers which ends up in PK camping.

thats it, those are the facts, and the simple bottom line is, that an adult debate, a whine, or a thread on here wont solve it.

and yes, i know its your right to post it here, but good lord, at least offer some ideas on how to change it, because this thread has been made 1000+ times already.

and to the people who cant calmly tell the guy, this thread is old, move along or offer some new fresh answers....instead having to insult and chuck names out, are usually the same people who laugh spam in game, and coincidentally, they are also usually players of little skill who hide in the zerg.

now hows that for an incitement to flame.

p.s i am considering rolling alb or hib prydwen, as i cannot bring myself to delete my excal characters. any thoughts on who needs reinforcements most?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

S

SilverHood

well, albs need some leadership

cos they run about like headless chickens

hibs need direction
their most imaginative act is camping MB-mpk area

mids need help too - too many "hanger ons" on a full group, which leads to zergs

I usually run solo with my rm these days

Sure, I get ganked by stealthers, but unless it's a pet class or a champion, I can pretty much solo anything :)

but when there's 2 fgs camping mpk, and 2 fgs camping Hpk, and another 2 fgs and ck, there really isn't much point in being a caster, cos all there is to kill is stealthers

T

tris-

sometimes it isnt all bad like when you near sight a meele class on the other realm and they absoloutely crap them selves jumping all over the place. side to side and back n forth. :mgwhore:

Users who are viewing this thread