Pixel Buds

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Maybe I should have thought about this a bit more before buying but buy them I did. I have a Pixel 2 XL so what better partner for it?

The good:
- Sound quality is excellent, better than my Jaybird X2s with my iPhone 7 by a large margin.

The bad (everything else):
- The fit. It just never feels like they are securely in place (made worse by the next point).
- The interface, a touch sensor on the right earpiece. This is so stupid. If your right earpiece doesn't feel in place and you try to wiggle it you just end up changing the volume or moving to the next track or having the assistant give you the third degree.
- Conversely when you try to adjust the volume back to what you wanted you'll probably make the thing fall out. Or change track instead because you can't see what your are touching in your right ear.
- The fucking things click all the time. There's an audible click if the connection to the buds has been idle and now it needs to play a sound as the connection is woken up.
- A few seconds of no sound and there will be another click as it decides to go back to sleep.
- Even when you aren't touching the thing it still does random things like change track every so often. Maybe a loose hair grazed it? I don't know.

Therefore after about 10 minutes of trying last night (not the first time) I gave up and went back to my iPhone 7 plus with the Jaybirds. Sure it didn't sound as good but I could get on with the things I wanted to do.

I'm not sure how much of the sound quality and problems are due to differences in the phones as well as the headphones. I'm more than willing to believe the Pixel 2 has better sound processing than an iPhone 7. Maybe the clicking is a Pixel 2 problem rather than a headphone one. Who knows. However the general shitty fit and interface is definitely a problem with the Pixel Buds.

Waste of money :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom