Help Pinky and perky time?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Guys - I just re-installed win2k on a fairly old dell dimension for the sister in law. Installation all went fine, and I installed the latest available chipset drivers for the onboard sound from Dell. Problem is, when playing mp3s through winamp they play at double speed... the timer clicks down double rate and they sound like pinky and perky!!! :eek:

Not had this problem before... any ideas?

Dr_Weasel

One of Freddy's beloved
Try reducing your audio hardware acceleration level in the 'Sounds and Audio Devices' control panel. After opening the panel, click 'Advanced' under speaker settings, then 'Performance' and try moving the hardware acceleration down to different levels. I'm looking at my XP machine, so the buttons may be a little different in other versions of the OS. You may also be able to access the audio hardware acceleration slider in the app "dxdiag.exe" on the "Sound" tab.

Kryten

Old Cow.
I had that before on a Dimension, turned out to be blown caps on the motherboard, might be worth a look. The above advice would be the best first step though :)

Chilly

Balls of steel
reduce the sample rate from 44k to 22k. sounds like the driver and the winamp disagree on the playback rate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom