Sex Pillars of Eternity

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
i got about 6 hours in, then restarted, using the Mod to activate console commands, and added a full party of custom people at start :c
Hehe. I'm doing ok without a full party following the story line.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Hehe. I'm doing ok without a full party following the story line.

its the way i play baldurs gate, specific theme party , and see how it goes. plus Arbalests, so many arbelest, but think they fixed them in patch last night. hitting for 10-20 per swing on melee, and doing 55/shot on ranger = Oo

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I just got to the bit where the people turn to stone at the pillar. Is there something I should do there or just go to the next location on the map?

Mabs

i did : intro, first town area, stronghold, then went down into the cellars, got to floor, er, 6 or 7 ? not done much other stuff

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Really enjoying this, stayed up all Saturday night gaming, first time I've done that in ages! That said, I'm having some issues. One is that my Wizard gets face pummeled way too much, and I'm having to rest because no matter what I do, I can't keep him alive.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Really enjoying this, stayed up all Saturday night gaming, first time I've done that in ages! That said, I'm having some issues. One is that my Wizard gets face pummeled way too much, and I'm having to rest because no matter what I do, I can't keep him alive.
Need good shield wall in front of him :(

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Need good shield wall in front of him :(

I've tried, but the teleporting enemies just go right past and he's dead before I can do anything. Anyway, made it to level 15, that's a cool ending. Can't make myself take the evil way out, so I need to go back at some point.

Just spent an hour getting splattered over and over again by Nalrend the wise, couldn't figure it out until I googled it... Looks like the effects stick even after it wears off.
http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/73936-nalrend-the-wise-bounty-endless-insect-swarm/

Mabs

yea teleporting ghosts and stuff are a real pita

there is a talent you can get that lets you Heal other, or heal self for more..

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Love love love it. Better looking than DA:I as well, glorious. Started on Hard with a Chanter but I've got a feeling I've gimped her up so I might need to re-roll but I'll keep going for the time being. Love the atmosphere and the writing.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Got a paladin. Got a wizard, cleric and barbarian to go with her.

Seems to balance ok atm.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I somehow missed the Paladin, need to go back to Defiance Bay to get her. What do you guys think of the druid companion? He seems kinda shit, or maybe I just don't know how to use his spells.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I somehow missed the Paladin, need to go back to Defiance Bay to get her. What do you guys think of the druid companion? He seems kinda shit, or maybe I just don't know how to use his spells.
I made myself a paladin :)

Mabs

im not "up" on builds yet, going mostly by gut instinct and what looks "sort of sensible", but people who data mine these things have declared that "all the companions are shit and have totally wrong stats"

SilverHood

FH is my second home
im not "up" on builds yet, going mostly by gut instinct and what looks "sort of sensible", but people who data mine these things have declared that "all the companions are shit and have totally wrong stats"

This I can kind of agree with. Someone did a Chanter build on the official forums that could put out some frightening DPS while tanking better than most fighters. My Paladin by comparison is easily the heaviest hitter in my party, when I'd expect someone else to take that role, like the Wizard or Ranger.

Mabs

interesting, one of the reasons i restarted was to re-do my paladin, still not 100% happy with it, but a lot of people are saying they are shit tanks and shitter dps

/shrug

pikeh

Resident Freddy
re-rolled a druid as Im thinking as Im not that bothered about the NPC's ive met so far I'll do a small party custom made run...

SilverHood

FH is my second home
interesting, one of the reasons i restarted was to re-do my paladin, still not 100% happy with it, but a lot of people are saying they are shit tanks and shitter dps

/shrug

I'm finding they are massively gear dependent. Now that I'm fairly tooled up, I'm dishing out a lot of punishment, when I was struggling in early game. This guy soloed the game as a Paladin on Path of the Damned difficulty...

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/77212-build-paladin-solo-potd-video-of-the-last-boss-included/

I think my stats are wrong (went high perception), should have gone max might, so already planning a second playthrough on a harder difficulty.

Mabs

I'm finding they are massively gear dependent. Now that I'm fairly tooled up, I'm dishing out a lot of punishment, when I was struggling in early game. This guy soloed the game as a Paladin on Path of the Damned difficulty...

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/77212-build-paladin-solo-potd-video-of-the-last-boss-included/

I think my stats are wrong (went high perception), should have gone max might, so already planning a second playthrough on a harder difficulty.

interesting, but the minute you hit the "THIS BUILD, THAT HAT, THIS ROUTE" i lose interest, id rather just pootle around doing shit than try to "win" it gamey :p

pikeh

Resident Freddy
made a trio party of tank chanter (pc), aoe melee barb and wizzie on hard mode - no problems so far and things are a lot easier even with a 4 man party with the NPC's.

Really tempted by POTD but I'll do hard I think - Im afraid this'll be like BG2 where I was a serial re-roller :D

Mabs

im running: paladin, fighter, chanter, wizard, cleric, ranger .. self-crafted atm

mostly to get maximum "wtf do these do" research :D

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Does Barbarian AoE hit party like magic AoE? I'm also slightly sad that there aren't any rogue companions. Maybe in the expansion.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I just hire an adventurer from the inn and you can make them as you want

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Just completed it. Two parts of the game I couldn't finish : The Ogre bounty quest and the final boss in the Endless Paths, the latter driving me insane as I died over and over and over again, my tanks instagibbed by 300+ damage crits. Stupid design.

Not since Onyxia has a dragon vexed me so much!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Have they fixed the AI and pathing yet? (AI trying to go through obstacles instead of around and not having an autoreact when party gets attacked)

AngryJoe made quite a big deal about how bad that was in his review.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
meh gave up on this, still on my to do list but didn't have much real drive to play it after the initial first days.

Lethul

FH is my second home
How are rogues, just bought it but not started yet. Always start with dual wielding rogues but remember them being "shit" in previous similar games (no need for stealth when the rest of the party ain't stealthed :p)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom