Pi question

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I've been trying to set up a road traffic counter from Telraam, just out of boredom and interest really, but I'm interested to know locally how many people walk/cycle along the roads near my house. This is their website if you're interested:

Anyhow, their software requires a Pi 3a+, which I have (I have a few other versions too). They specify a Pi camera module 2, but I have a module 3. On the setup, you write an image to the SD card, fire up the Pi, and log in on your phone. It shows a website with details and a camera preview, so you can position it in your home's window to count traffic on the road outside. And once you've done that, you connect the Pi to the web through your wifi. But it doesn't "see" my camera.

I've been in touch with Telraam support and they say the version of Raspian on their install image mightn't know about the module 3 camera, because it's a bit old. So they told me this:

> The base of the telraam software is raspbian, but it is an older version of raspbian.
> It may be possible that when you upgrade the raspbian to a more recent version, that the v3 camera is supported, but I cannot guarantee that.
> If you want to try that, you should first use the dev image, so you can log into the telraam.
> Info about the dev image can be found on our github: Telraam-RPi/telraam-dev-image at master · Telraam/Telraam-RPi

Now I'm presuming they're saying that I can use a normal Raspbian install, and then install the software from that link, and run it to see if their software "sees" the camera that way.

So how do I do that? How do I install that software in Raspbian? If you can help, please treat me as "thick as fuck" beyond opening the terminal window.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Turns out they meant install their development image, and then update Raspbian from within that. Which is beyond me, so I've just ordered a v2 camera from Ebay. Because I'm at the point where I'm determined to get the fucker working.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Confused, if it's a raspbian base, can't you just update it via apt like any standard Debian derivative?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I have no idea tbh. Linux is very definitely not friendly for people with only a passing interest in computers.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Anyhow I managed to source a v2 camera and it's up and running now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom