phrase of the month

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
"knife crime"

is it only me thats noticed this phrase is now used maybe 10, 20, 100 times a day on the news all of a sudden?
a month ago id say i didnt hear it too much. now if i switch on the news it seems there is always a dedicated 15 minute block of time to how many people have been stabbed today and to see how many times someone can say "knife crime" in 20 seconds.

theres no way its increasing exponentially as they seem to have us believe. especially not overnight. seems like scare tactics to me.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Scare tactics?

Was just reading on the BBC that 3 young lads were killed within 20 minutes of each other last night in London, all unrelated, all as a result of 'knife crime'.

3 in 20 minutes, and people are saying this shit is overblown? Do these people actually go outside?

soze

I am a FH squatter
There have been alot of knife deaths in London lately i think even another one lastnight. So crime might be up in London and seeing as most national news focus on the capital it might seem like a lot more?

With the 3 last night that could be over 20 teenagers stabbed to death this year in London.

Uara

Part of the furniture
I think its the rate of knife-related deaths happening in the capital that is causing the phrase to appear so frequently. I believe (i may be wrong so correct me if I am) that by the middle of this year we are almost reaching the same amount of deaths by stabbing as we got all last year!

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Don't forgot that these stats don't include non-fatal stabbings.

Faelinor

Fledgling Freddie
Living in manchester with my gf, for uni - and there is shootings and stabbings fucking galore here :/ the only thing is that you never hear about it.
the crime is concentrated into certain estates etc, and don't end up in the news at all, leaving the rest of us oblivious to the blatent fucking violence going on about the city.

There are a hell of a lot more stabbings than the Media picks up on.

Uara

Part of the furniture
The media generally doesn't pick up on stabbings which dont involve in deaths! Therefore if u live in a violent area, but generally its more woundings then your really not going to hear about it in the news, apart from in the local papers

tris-

but i live in the north east. why the fuck would my local news be telling me about london? i dont care about london.
i started to realise it after the brother of some "famous" woman was stabbed. its only because she was famous i might add, that it was spread over pages of every newspaper.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I don't care about London but i do care about kid's killing each other. I would do something about it, but I don't know what! The government don't have it easy with this problem, i bet they don't have a fucking clue what to do about it, and people will have a go at them for it but they won't step up to the plate with an idea.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
someone got stabbed near me in the past month, bit weird since i knew both the victim and the attacker

tris-

I don't care about London but i do care about kid's killing each other. I would do something about it, but I don't know what! The government don't have it easy with this problem, i bet they don't have a fucking clue what to do about it, and people will have a go at them for it but they won't step up to the plate with an idea.

if they stopped spending money on bullshit and focused it on resources we need, like police on the streets, it might help. making more laws does nothing because there is not enough bodies to enforce them.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Maybe. Or perhaps if everyone in England these days just wasn't such a **** then we wouldn't have these issues.

soze

I am a FH squatter
if they stopped spending money on bullshit and focused it on resources we need, like police on the streets, it might help. making more laws does nothing because there is not enough bodies to enforce them.

We need Judges with backbone caugh with a knife 2 years in prison Exceptions obviously if you have a reason for it and its not at hand. Put kids hanging around in groups with lock knife in the pocket 2 years. But the judges have no balls and tell them not to do it again instead of punishment.

Uara

Part of the furniture
But then you've got the problem of decreasing prison space!! Its all well and good to want to imprison all the fuckers, which I wholeheartedly agree with, but there's jst not enough space in this country. I say ship em off to Siberia for a year or two, see how they like that.

What also needs to be looked at is how to deal with the growing gang culture that is pre-eminent throughout the major cities in this country!!

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I don't think that's the case Soze, i think it's the fact there's no room left in our Prisons, which says it all really.

tris-

everyone in england is such a cnut though, so now we have to deal with it. our law is about re-educating and re-habilitating rather than punishment, so you have to keep that in mind. you say give someone carrying a knife 2 years in prison, but what other crimes get that type of sentance?
then you need to compare morally how wrong they both are. if one is more morally wrong than the other, you need to shakeup the whole system then.

the government can make all the laws they want, but there is no one out there to enforce them. thats a vital pillar in how our country works and its fucked.
you need a law maker, a law enforcer and someone to judge the crimes against what the law maker says. if one part is fucked, then they all are.

on a related note, something else got my fucking goat latley too.
on the local news its been said where i live is the best area for convicting rapists. all other areas are not securing enough convictions.
to take this literally, isnt that a BAD thing for my area? we have more rapists, so more people being raped and therfore more being convicted. the other areas have less convictions, therefore less rapists and less rapes! but that was supposed to be the bad thing in the news reports. it was reported the other areas need more rape convictions for the numbers.
how can you just convict more people for rape, all of a sudden? surely it means imprisoning innocent people too?

megadave

I am a FH squatter
sort out the prison system for a start, making them actually have to do stuff would be a good start.

how about telephone communications bullshit? atleast that way you wouldnt have to speak to some **** half way around the world who you cant even understand

soze

I am a FH squatter
I don't think that's the case Soze, i think it's the fact there's no room left in our Prisons, which says it all really.

Easily sorted make prisson camps as said in the other thread stop building Holiday homes where the cons are fed better than guards then you could go someway to reducing repeat offenders and keep people out of prison and have room.

Prison does not scare people so there is no danger to commiting a crime we care too much about human rights where they should be left at the door for the term of the sentance.

tris-

Prison does not scare people so there is no danger to commiting a crime we care too much about human rights where they should be left at the door for the term of the sentance.

that isnt possible though.
the human rights are part of our constitution so they apply to everyone. illegal immigrants, the old woman next door and the violent thug in prison.

i think the only way to sort that is leave europe and control our own legislation.

soze

I am a FH squatter
that isnt possible though.
the human rights are part of our constitution so they apply to everyone. illegal immigrants, the old woman next door and the violent thug in prison.

i think the only way to sort that is leave europe and control our own legislation.

OK create prisson boats and sail the fuckers into international waters :)

Uara

Part of the furniture
Yeah but the problem about prison camps, is the links with the past! Just think of the prison camps in the Soviet Union. Thousands died there! I kno it wouldnt be the same, we dont have an artic tundra for one thing, but the criminals would be getting there lawyers to plead about human rights and the way this country is going they'd get away with it!

tris-

not only could they do that but they could sue the country and if they win, the country must compensate them. its more losses.

Uara

Part of the furniture
Dunno if you guys have heard. But on bbc this morning they just said that 5 people have died overnight from stabbings. Thats a lot of people to die from knife-crime in one night.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Its a nice headline tbh, just like "education education education" was a nice headline, then there was "tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime".

See a pattern here? Labour get a nice buzzword, make up some pointless scheme and flog it to death while not actually doing anything at all, about anything.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
3 in 20 minutes, and people are saying this shit is overblown? Do these people actually go outside?

I have to say i don't actually care if gangmembers want to go around killing each other off, I just wish they would hurry the fuck up and finish each other off.

Like that lad the other day that got knifed, his parents said, yes he was carrying a knife but was trying to get out of that lifestyle. Bullshit, he was a scumbag and died because he associated with scumbags, end of.

Marc

FH is my second home
I have to say i don't actually care if gangmembers want to go around killing each other off, I just wish they would hurry the fuck up and finish each other off.

Like that lad the other day that got knifed, his parents said, yes he was carrying a knife but was trying to get out of that lifestyle. Bullshit, he was a scumbag and died because he associated with scumbags, end of.

Its easy for people like you to say stuff like that. With your happy home life with your wife. You dont know what its like for these kids, who have no option but to join a gang or face daily beatings for walking down the wrong street.

Tell you what, have a child with your wife and move to to Cheetam Hill in manchester and see if you can bring your child up without it joining a street gang.

Lucius

Banned
Aslong as the victims of knife crime are the people who commit it and have gangs and whatnot then that's fine with me. Just let them kill themselves off.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Its easy for people like you to say stuff like that. With your happy home life with your wife. You dont know what its like for these kids, who have no option but to join a gang or face daily beatings for walking down the wrong street.

Tell you what, have a child with your wife and move to to Cheetam Hill in manchester and see if you can bring your child up without it joining a street gang.

Thats a shitty excuse for the weak willed, if people wanted to get out of that lifestyle then they can. There are areas that have shown people can change when they want to. Just because you are brought up in a less than perfect area doesn't mean you have to live your life like that.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Its about scaring people into allowing new labour to give us new laws imo.

Whats next? they'll have a general clamp down on knives, which will accomplish presicely nothing because the people who are stabbing others are the people who own the things illegally anyway.

Its exactly the same as guns in this country - guns are banned but people still get shot often enough to make you almost wonder how much worse off we'd be if gun laws the same as in the US.

I honestly hope we can get this fucking government out before we turn into 1930's germany, but with a party of nutters in power instead of just one.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
5 people have been knifed to death on our streets in the past 24 hours. This needs to be reported. The press - as usual - jump on the "scare the shit out of the public" bandwagon and call it "out of control" and refer to "wild feral kids roaming the streets attacking anyone". The foreign press have started issuing warnings to prospective tourists. Remember 15 years ago this used to be New York ?

I remember hearing all sorts of scary shit about New York. The the Mayor of New York went all-out on muggers and street crime (I think it was Juliani - not sure) and now the streets are a lot safer there. What do we do in the UK ? Put more PCSO's out on the streets who are fecking useless anyway.

Yes more kids are carrying but increasingly the courts (the punks have to be caught first) are handing out stiffer sentences. Whether they'll think twice about carrying a knife again is uncertain.

Vote Conservative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom