phpbb online text

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
Does anyone know how to change/which file to alter for the text at the bottom that says 'In total there are 12 users online'; so it could say for instance - 'In total there are 12 monkeys here right now' and such? And the 'We have 164 registered users' if it's not in the same place? :)

wyrd_fish

Fledgling Freddie
your prolly best off loading up all thie files and searching through them

PS. are there language files for phpbb?

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I have been going through all the files, it's taking ages and I thought it was a waste of time if someone here knows already. :)

Yes phpbb2 does have language files. :)

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Maljonic

You need to look for the lang_main.php file in the language directory. Ofcourse you need to find the file in the directory that you are using for the language of the board ie the 'lang_english' directory for instance. Bear in mind though if you have loads of language choices then each will have to be altered! This could well be different though if you have multiple language choices on your themes. You will need to look at the language files in the theme directories too then.

Do a search for 'online' in the lang_main.php file to pull up the code you need to alter.

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Maljonic

Doesn't Dreamweaver come with a version of Homesite? I ask only because I know the standalone version of Homesite features a 'Find in Files' option whereby you can find terms in multiple files spread across different folders. Just saves you having to open each file individually.

Kind Regards

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Why not use EditPlus? I use that to locate stuff in multiple files.

EditPlus

Download the trial and give it a whirl.

Chilly

Balls of steel
why not look in overall_footer.tpl in your $template_name/ directory?

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
Thanks guys, MKJ had it with the lang_main.php file; never even thought of searching that folder myself - I was thinking along the same lines as Chilly and searching the tpl files. I could have searched all the files through Dreamweaver if I'd thought of it, or even cute ftp with ctrl f; but I was searching manually like a fool. :)

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
phpbb forums

Hi Maljonic

Are you still using the phpbb forum?

Take a look at mine when you find the time because it has a modification that enables unlimited categories and forums to be attached to each other. Quite simply amazing. Join the bloody thing too come to think of it and become the 3rd member. Me, my girlie and then you :) . I will join yours in return. What a deal!

If you have a phpbb forum then get this modification because it is simply brilliant.

My forum

Eh, I have torn these phpbb forums apart and am pretty good at doing all sorts to them should you need advice on how to go about anything.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I use them on a couple of sites; quite like them the way they are though, just like to do little things like change the standard text - I played around with this one quite a bit, though it's still the standard phpbb layout. That's fine though, anything more than that and I'd feel I was wasting too much time on one site and neglecting others. I'll bear you in mind any time I get stuck with stuff though, if that's alright? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom