PHP Text on Images...

T

TheJkWhoSaysNi

I've been playing with a script that allows you to chose the size and text of an image (I'm going to make everything a variable) but i was wondering:

1) How easy is it to change the font
2) How do i get a size larger than 5, because 5 is not very big..

Thanks..

J

Jonty

Custom fonts can be utilised according to the string function you use. However, I believe such functions require separate libraries to operate. Whether BW has these libraries or not, I do not know. I'll have a play, though, and let you know.

As for font sizes ... pass! ;) hehe, I'll have a look in the manual.

Kind Regards

J

Jonty

Hi [UD] Devil

After testing it seems that BarrysWorld does not currently have the FreeType library installed that is needed to render user-defined, true-type fonts. I haven't checked this with DBs, but I'm fairly certain it's not there. If you really want it, then let me know and I'll pass on a message to DBs. But it's his call, as ever.

As for font size, the numbers 1-5 only indirectly affect the size of the font. That is to say, each integer actually refers to a different font file, each pre-rendered larger than the next (as opposed to the same font file where 1-5 scale it's size up or down). Anyway, the upshot is that you cannot go beyond 5 as the font file simply doesn't exist. I believe with FreeType incorporates 'proper' font sizing.

Anyway, like I say, if you would really like the FreeType library installing please do say, and I'll let DBs know. That goes for anyone else, too.

Kind Regards

T

TheJkWhoSaysNi

its no biggie, as i said, i was just playing around with it. I dont even have a proper use for it so i'll make do with it the way it is.

T

TheJkWhoSaysNi

And lots of thanks for testing it.

J

Jonty

No problem :) Be sure to let us all know how you get on, sounds interesting. And if you ever do feel you need a certain library which is stable and publicly available, just shout and DBs will see what he can do.

Kind Regards

Users who are viewing this thread