PHP force commas between words

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I'm messing around with a very basic content managment system and its meta tags and wondered if there's a way to add the page title into the keyword meta tags but seperate each word with a comma?

For the title meta I have <title>{title}</title> using a sort of tpl system, and I have the same thing in the keywords meta tag. i.e.
<meta name="keywords" content="{title}" />

Which isn't so bad, especially as many search engines ignore the keyword meta tag anyway, but I'm curious to know how the word seperation is done as I saw today that Youtube somehow has video titles in the keyword meta tag seperated by commas.

I mean I guess I have to have something like in a php file somewhere:

$keywords = $title then some code here to seperate it;

Any ideas?

Whipped

Part of the furniture
If you're meaning you want to change something like "This is the title of the page" to "This,is,the,title,of,the,page" then you can use a simple explode and implode.

Code:
$title = 'This is the title of the page';
$keywords = implode(",",explode(" ",$title));

This splits the title string by spaces into an array and then reassembles that array with ,

You could also just replace spaces with commas in the string using a str_replace

Code:
$keywords = str_replace(" ",",",$title);

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I'll try that. I never even heard of implode and explode before, thanks for teaching me something. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom