Photoshop For Freddys v2.0

Sar

Part of the furniture
Hello folks.

As you may be aware, the Photoshop for Freddies website was hacked by some idiot recently, and he wiped all the news and content (what there was).

But, never fear, the site is going to return, bigger and better than before, hosted on Freddy's House (the url of which will be revealed shortly) courtesy of Deebs.

But what we need to make this site a good resource for all of us are contributors and news writers, as I can't do it alone. The site isn't just about Photoshop, despite the name. It'll be about all forms of imaging, be it photography (normal or digital), photo editing (in any software package), photo restoration, original artworks, wallpapers etc.

Contributors: These will be needed to contribute their images, techniques and tips. Should be able to write well (well enough to understand!) and be willing to help people and visitors on the site and in the site's forum (hosted here) in following their techniques.

Writers: Same as the above, but also writing news on a regular basis. This will be about imaging in general. So writers will be writing about Hardware (Cameras, Graphics Tablets, Scanners etc), Software (Apps, Patches, Updates, Downloads etc), and miscellaneous news.

If you're interested, then post in this thread, indicating your interest and what you'd be willing to do.

The new site will be launched within the next few weeks, and when it's ready for the public unveiling I'll make sure you all know.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
*schlurrrrrp!!!*

Mofo8

Fledgling Freddie
I'm up for it..... I think...

I've used every version of Photoshop from version 5.0 up to Photoshop CS (i.e. PS8). I use it daily at work.

Sar

Part of the furniture
I've pm'd you Mofo8 :)

That's 3 ppl so far (including your's truly), but we still need more!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I'll quite happily contribute photographs, and respond to comments made about them.

For a start, you could buy me a lightbox/scanner, so I could look at the nifty set of slide photos I've just had processed.

Sar

Part of the furniture
PM'd you Tom :)

PS: No chance on the lightbox front though, cheeky bugger. ;)

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
I think ill abuse this for all its worth, i need to learn how to make images and bits and bobs for websites. :)

Sar

Part of the furniture
Well, people can use this thread in the meantime to request tutorials, or advice needed etc.

Then once we have the site and forum up and running, it can all be dealt with there :)

1) Creating Web Graphics - For Sharma ;)

aminita

Fledgling Freddie
Heyas,

Rkid (doodin & b/f gremlin) suggested i post and offer my wealth of useless (and not so useless) information on photoshop.

I've been working with it since photoshop 3, and would be happy to offer advice, solutions to problems, and handy shortcuts up to ps7 (havent needed to use ps cs as yet).

I'm also happy to do any wee gif/jpgs if peeps need avatars/banners or whatever.

Sar

Part of the furniture
Excellent. I've PM'd you :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
If there was one on touching up scanned images, negative scans and positive images this would be useful. Small bits here and there are easy to do, but if there is a large watermark or anything I don't know how to approach this...

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
May i be the first to request.........

PPPPPPPPPPPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!

Sar

Part of the furniture
Lol

Keep em coming folks - we'll be noting down all the requests, and doing the tutorials if we can.

We have a nice mix of pros and hobbyists atm, which is what I was hoping for :)

We're still looking for more writers and contributors!

:)

PS: No pr0n :p

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
oi Sar you did not reply to my private PM :(

/me wakes away shugging his shoulders hands in pockets, kicking a peeble across the beach...

Sar

Part of the furniture
Lol, sorry SAS :)

Shall do so tout suite!

Summo

Loyal Freddie
I'd love a tutorial on how to turn ordinary snapshots into professional-looking classy photographs. I've had some success with careful cropping, converting to greyscale then adjusting the brightness and contrast, but some proper tips from experienced persons would rock.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
You can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear Summo! (well you can, but only sometimes, and only with limited results).

kan

Loyal Freddie
cornwall-captured001.jpg

cornwall-captured009.jpg

cornwall-captured003.jpg

cornwall-captured002.jpg

cornwall-captured018.jpg

cornwall-captured013.jpg

cornwall-captured017.jpg

Sar

Part of the furniture
Hehe, thanks :)

The site will still be going ahead - likely launched next week.

I haven't been around a lot this week due to work, but rest assured it is being worked on.

N

Nemes1s

Hey Sar You Old Dog

Hi Sar m8,

Long time no see :eek2:

I'm up for writing some tutorials and such for Photoshop :)

Cya Soon

// Nemesis

P.s You got an IRC room ?

Sar

Part of the furniture
And again I haven't been around a lot over the last 3 weeks because of fairly serious matters in RL.

:(

Hopefully I should have the time over the weekend to get things sorted with others.

*fingers crossed*

amobea

Fledgling Freddie
Nah realy
There was a V1 ???
Nobody told ? How could you ?

I'll be happy to contribute tips/tutorials and articles

PM me if theres anything specific i can help out with :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom