Phone

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Right.

I'm absolute dog shite with phones, I've never had a clue when it comes to phones, I know what an iPhone is, apart from that..

I currently have a Sony Xperia SP which is an absolute load of poo, if you want an idea, booting any app will cause the other ones to crash, brilliant.

Anyway, my contract is almost up, to be fair, it's pretty dirt cheap, it's £15 a month or so for the phone, unlimited minutes/texts (I think) and 500 MBs.

I'm not sure if I'll stay with Vodafone, but I might push my contract up to £25 a month and get something a wee bit better, although that being said, I don't want top of the range, I have a PC, and I have a tablet for long distance travelling, so playing music and being able to access the internet will suffice.

Any ideas will be appreciated, since I don't have a clue, I am willing to forgive Sony and try another Xperia.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
You *may* get a Samsung S6 on that or a little more a month. Superb phone and critically voted the best you can get at the minute.

Or if not an LG G4 but they are pretty large and some had over heating issues but that could be a rumour?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
As said in other related threads. You can't go wrong with a Z3, small or mansize. Not entirely sure you could get one for £25 a month though. A mate has a Z2 and is happy with it and there isn't a massive difference really.

Not sure you could get a Samsung S6 either (same generation as the Z3 afaik) but again a good phone, it was a toss up between that and the Z3 for me and I only picked the Z3 because of the PS4 compatibility.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I hear that all the kids are wanting one of these, indestructible apparently

nokia-6230-l.jpg

soze

I am a FH squatter
My Advise is always a SIM only contract for £10-£15 a month and then buy a phone SIM Free is finances allow it. The new Nexus 5x looks good for £330 or if you are happy not to be at the bleeding edge you can get the 64GB OPO for £219 or the 2016 flagship killing OP2 for £289. I just do not like the idea of being tied down to a contract for 2 years when you might sell the phone after 3 months.

Trem

As said in other related threads. You can't go wrong with a Z3, small or mansize. Not entirely sure you could get one for £25 a month though. A mate has a Z2 and is happy with it and there isn't a massive difference really.

Not sure you could get a Samsung S6 either (same generation as the Z3 afaik) but again a good phone, it was a toss up between that and the Z3 for me and I only picked the Z3 because of the PS4 compatibility.
You could easily get a Z3C for £25 a month, I did a year ago.

The S6 is not the same generation, Z3 is previous gen to S6.

Syri

FH is my second home
My mum has the Sony SP, and it is pretty crappy compared to Sony's higher end models. I have a Z1, and have no issues with it, runs everything, multitasks fine, and where the sp is stuck with some old 4.x version of Android, 5.1.1 managed to get on mine while it was still current (just). So if you can get one of the xperia Z range, I'd say it'd be a good choice, though like the SP, you'll probably get on better with it after disabling a few things.
Other than that, I'd say try to go for a discounted high end phone from a year or two back, rather than a low end but new model, unless its one of the phones like the OnePlus range, where it's got high end parts at a lower price. I've also heard some of the motorola models are pretty good for the price, but not tried any myself.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
My next phone, www.wileyfox.com Storm model.
£9.99 three year warranty
£9.99 a year screen cover
This. Unless you WANT to spend loads of money. tbh you could even go with the Swift for £129. 5" is still a pretty big screen.

Other option would be an Honor 7 or Nexus 5X but unless you are very demanding the Wileyfox will make your cock hard. You DO NOT need to spend money on an S6. Or Sony shite.

(Yes, I have an iPhone and no Android at the moment but I follow the market :p)

Trem

My next phone, www.wileyfox.com Storm model.
£9.99 three year warranty
£9.99 a year screen cover
Gotta be the winner surely? Just have a quick read of some reviews, buy it then sort yourself a sim only deal.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Yeah if you do not need a Bleeding Edge phone that is worth a look. I would be tempted to wait for some reviews first. Make sure the manufacturing is up to scratch.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Yeah if you do not need a Bleeding Edge phone that is worth a look. I would be tempted to wait for some reviews first. Make sure the manufacturing is up to scratch.
There are some reviews which say its amazing, but yeah - nothing on durability of course, its out some point in October and I need a phone for November so a month should suffice - besides - 2 years wareanty

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Wiley fox Storm available on Amazon UK

It's had some pretty awful customer reviews including weak battery, poor grainy camera, hardware faults, and the touchscreen packing in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom