Pffical Start of a new ML rush in April Sticky Plz

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry ironheart i'm going to have to disagree. Raid leaders shouldn't have to hold the hand of everyone through the pre-steps.
If I want to know how to get a pre-step i'll go look on vos, get together some people and go do them. If I am unable to do this then I don't get the ability. Why should people who have done this HAVE to go walk everyone else through it. Some people enjoy doing that and do it because they want to. There's plenty of people able to lead pre-reqs, no reason one person should lead 10 of them by themselves! This isn't real life, it's a computer game and you only get out of it what you are prepared to put into it.. i.e. if you want to go afk, do /stick, then you'll get that amount out of it. If you want to put some effort in you'll get further. All sounds reasonable to me!

As has been pointed out to get all the way to ml8 you actually only need enough ml exp to get to ml3. That's about 2 hours camping the CB mob, you can even do this with a zerg of 50 peeps if lots of people need ml exp so it shouldn't be hard to get a group together if a rush is being organised. Kill it for 30-60 mins at the end of a raid and you will have full ml exp!

While it's always nice to start and finish with the same people that just isn't possible. Try finding 10 or 20 (if you want to do pre-reqs with people) dates when all 50-100 people can make it.. you'll be hitting ml10 sometime in 2007. Casual players might not make the full rush sure, but there's other raids round the corner so they can make 1-3 in one rush, then 5-7 in the next etc. ML Rushes arn't run for everyone, you claim they are only for the hardcore, if casual people tried to run a ml rush at a casual speed, I doubt you would see the hardcorers jumping up and down saying you can't leave a week there.. 7 days for pre-reqs that's way too long! It's an attempt to organise something for a lot of people, it's not an attempt to organise something for everyone because people have differing requirements and you can't please them all!

Personally I don't inherently disagree with pre-claiming as long as the raid is run well by the person claiming the item (if you don't like the rules don't join, or run a raid yourself, don't pre-claim and see how many turn up to yours instead). If the raid actually ends up being run by someone else or is badly run then they don't deserve to pre-claim, end of story. I guess time will tell how that saga works out.

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:
Sorry ironheart i'm going to have to disagree. .

yeah, i already said it, my first thought of such an event was that like xxx ppl would go for it together.. you know.. all the way... play a bit more adventurous then Numerical wise..

daoc is almost reduced to:

lvl 1-50 (shorten the grind, k)
ML 1-10 (how, how many, none care. Style.. evil word, just numbers. Ok, it is fast and has results..)
Realm ranking 1-12 asap (no spirit , just rush, hold out as long as possible, fight without cause (k, fun for some) )

it would be a verry nice thing , imo, to be able to do such a thing with a party that concists of the same ppl.... you know, adventurers....

that is how i thought about it when i first caught glance of Ml rushes..

so to conclude, it is just:

a serie of dates where the organizer will put a competent player at a haven at XX hours... see who get's there.; run over the track and end. This in providing some ml's to more ppl... ok. I think the ppl that have seen most ML's will love the fact they get another one past it ASAP. But the ppl grabbing a ride if they can won't really, if they are adventurers that want to know what happens, enjoye it i think.

And you are correct , golema, with two ml rushes after each other.... some ppl will be able to grasp a bit here and there... kk.
I'll do just that. Grab what i need.. if i can.. Rl changes a lot off things from time to time.

god damn.. friggin opentrasit reaaally can spoil a hard working persons evening...person get's home from a hard day at work... then>>>

F***king ping off 700+ ffs from opentransit.; unplayable!!!!

Shannesa

Can't get enough of FH
Iron i hold Mls becuse i Enjoy holding those nd that Albs now

I am preclaim items i can use and are incounted in my teamplate as they are items i need to get the armor thing to working

Some of those items can not BE found in House zpnme at all and or if they are there peoople ask to mutch fore them

Like a Example i saw One alb got a Mace of appolo this weas in Castle saulavge he or she showed me it player was from one of the bigger guilds when i did ask polite what he or she wannt it he or she told me 180 p i have never and will never have that Amount of monney in game .

I hold this mLs becuse i care of Albs and try to get Albs trow mls .

Like many now i am not the best in English .

I will keep hold mls as long there is a need of them and i dont care what some think about i am do them .

Some have to keep hold mls fore albs so albs get them done .

LIandro you know me pretty well and you know my reason why continiue holding mls and i will do so

Eggy read that pm i send you about that armor await on a replay still :)

Placador

Fledgling Freddie
Red HATred said:
ok,

the concept of the ml rush may be fun but the raids in itselfe just suck...this is just a another way off filling baggs imo..at uninformed ppl's expenses

nothing more then a drop-off race for freshmen when it comes to ML levels..

imagine this.. newly created ML players attend these rushes....

ok, they start preparing.. for first 3 ML's:

first problem, i seem to have noticed (while farming with my necro) that if you have NOT completed ML 1 the other pre-steps didn't register as [done]......it could be i was bugged at that moment... correct me if i'm wrong though..
BUT if that would be the case.. it means that all other presteps can only be done after ML 1 has been completed. That would mean that in that one day 12 hr period for next raid ppl have to do others. That means that for most ppl they can only attend one raid.. from these three..(most ppl drop out of the race)

If i were bugged... we come to the next problem..

Giving the ppl subscribing for this full rush five weekdays to get enough ML xp together and also completing the pre-steps for the next three ML raids that will be held the next weekend..

from ml 4 to 6
that means: 4.1 4.3 4.4 >>>can be done in an evening (evening without ML xp)
5.1 to 5.8 >>>can be completed in an evening (evening without ML xp)
6.1 6.5>>>> can be done in an hour or two.. but i don't think that there will be a lot of other things happening after these have been done...

Then those PPl still need ML XP, because if they don't follow up on ML xp they will come to the POINT where they can't enter an ML Raid because they are not Effectivelly that ML.

so, take it that i'm totally incorrect with my theory.... the next three raids happen , 5-6-7...

again one week.. to do the same things.. gather pre steps and ML xp...

gaining ml xp can take a HUGE ammount of time, even for solo players and rvr farmers....

next step ml 8-9-10...

can only be entered if they are effectively ml 8-9-10 accordingly if i'm correct?

to me these raids are not made for the general PUBLIC.. this is a DEDICATED HARD CORE PLAYER RAID. (and a baggfiller on the uninformed ppl's expenses)

ppl will attend with good intentions and will drop off... won't be able to attend some raids or something like that.. that will just leave them out in the field.,. having finished some ML partially.;.. some quests not done..
BUT the ML 10 ppl present or the ppl that only need steps here and there... do have a small chance off making these ml raids to the end. If not they'll have to wait till some other ml rush to get a couple off steps again...

Personally i will try to attend a couple off raids, ml7+ because my characters are prepared for it...But most ppl won't be.

Then you have the issue off trying to make a SUCCESFULL raid....one that doesn't end in a huge deathspamm circus.... so you come to the issue of groups... getting ppl sorted.
You leave that to the attending ppl to do for themselves... that can work out.. you'll have a couple off good groups .. consisting out of hard-core players... and you'll have the leftovers.. which have a higher chance of not completing some steps for some reasons... death at ML-kill etc...

so my point is.. they are a nice initiative for the hard-core ppl.. but they will be feeding upon the causual gamers imo....

last note: again we see that raid leaders don't think about group steps, the things were there is nothing to earn.. but just focus on the main goal, the parts where there can be things gained. As proven on a lot of raids and today... if a raid isn't prepared... it won't have the ppl.

good planning imo means: you dedicate time to the attending ppl and make sure that they can make it to the raid. You make sure ppl are preprared, you plan stuff so they know where they can go and when they can do something... if you cba to do that.. don't bother planning main raids..; Leaving the boring thing to other ppl isn't honest imo.

imo that just comes down to.. i don't care.. i'll see what happens.; those that can attend, ok, good for them, the rest.. stuff em.

just my two cents..

Pffffff u boring at house and don't know what to do?
Pls, if YOU can't do 3 pre-steps in a week is YOUR problem. NOT my.
I give 1 week to get enough ML EXP. In a week u can't get enough ML EXP to past ML8 to ML9? I can do it in a week with a lvl 40 pls... don't say silly things
If u don't like my plan don't come.
Hard core players.... u think that a person that play 1 twice a week/months is very preocupated with ML's!?
no, i know casual players and when they got 1 or 2 hours in a week to play they go to RvR.
And don't say that maybe ppl can't complete the ML step if they die cos u get credit if u day anyway.
The only chance of not get credit is:
-Die in lava and can't rezz
-Fall on a bug and apear in CS
-Not in BG
U think if someone get this luck is my fault?
Well, now go and post the same on eggy ML RUSH cos he do the same... or better start to do pre-steps and shut up

Missythang

Fledgling Freddie
errr.... anyway... thanks for the update but a point about ML7: Friday 22nd April is a working day in the UK at least - would there be any chance of moving it to later in the day (20.00 CET as suggested would be good)?

Otherwise, I will be there as and when I'm around :cheers:

Placador

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, sorry my fault: ML7 is Friday 22 at 20:00 CET
Shan chnage it in main post when u can
OK be ready for this weekend, we do ML1-2-3
ML1 is at 20:00 CET, meet volcanus, see u there

Shannesa

Can't get enough of FH
ml 7 will be 20.00 that evning and i think it say that as well

adin

Fledgling Freddie
i ll be on with necro and bb thnx for this rush m8s )

Placador

Fledgling Freddie
ML2 tomorrow at 15:00
ML1 of today was done

P.D: In raid i only lotto 100 qua items, so anything to discuss

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:
Personally I don't inherently disagree with pre-claiming as long as the raid is run well by the person claiming the item (if you don't like the rules don't join, or run a raid yourself, don't pre-claim and see how many turn up to yours instead). If the raid actually ends up being run by someone else or is badly run then they don't deserve to pre-claim, end of story. I guess time will tell how that saga works out.

And so it begins!
Who is going to be the first to decide that walking away with 100 of plats of items for saying zerg a few times is something they could do just as easily?

*I decide what is lottoed.
I'd read the rules for the ml10 raid carefully.

Placador

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:
And so it begins!
*I decide what is lottoed.
I'd read the rules for the ml10 raid carefully.

I'll change this rule:
*I lotto 100 qua items, keys, remains and scroll of 1p+ ( except the 4 items pre-claimed )

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
is the Flayed Cetus Cloak worth lottoing? Just a question as its allready to late anyways.

Faya

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
its worth 4-5 plat

nice raid btw - 1 1/4 hours from start to finish :)

Placador

Fledgling Freddie
Shan do not if i can come to ML2, so maybe u will have to lead it alone, sorry.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
ML2 done. Took longer than I had hoped but I think everyone got credit and I did only find out I was leading it 30 seconds before we left the haven :eek7:

Placador

Fledgling Freddie
ML3 done in 2hours 30 mins
ML4 Friday at 20:00 CET, meet stygia
Pre-Steps: 4.1 / 4.3 / 4.4
See u there

Nerve

Loyal Freddie
Red HATred said:
again, either you missed the point or you still haven't let the air out of ur head...

Once again you're the one missing the point, this is an ML RUSH, note the RUSH in there, not an 'Hello new player, let's do these MLs and enjoy the game to the fullest by prolonging em by another 5 hours while we watch the pwetty fish, trees and rivers of lava' ML series. We'll leave those upto you... Some people just want to get em over asap as they find them to be annoying to do after 3 times and just want to get their combined asses in RvR asap, how hard is that for you to understand ?

Placador

Fledgling Freddie
ML4 done
ML5 Saturday at 15:00 CET, meet stygia
Pre-Steps: from 5.1 to 5.8

Shannesa

Can't get enough of FH
Ml 5 done ml 6 tommorow in 15,00 cet

prestep ml 6 are 6.1 and 6,5

Bg will be upp and running before raid 1 houer ahead on shan

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Nerve said:
Once again you're the one missing the point, this is an ML RUSH, note the RUSH in there, not an 'Hello new player, let's do these MLs and enjoy the game to the fullest by prolonging em by another 5 hours while we watch the pwetty fish, trees and rivers of lava' ML series. We'll leave those upto you... Some people just want to get em over asap as they find them to be annoying to do after 3 times and just want to get their combined asses in RvR asap, how hard is that for you to understand ?

LOL

Placador

Fledgling Freddie
ML6 done
ML7 Friday at 20:00 CET; meet volcanus
Pre's: From 7.1 to 7.6
U need be ML3 to get inside dungeon

P.D: I Pre-claim a SoD, just one from any raid that drop it.

Placador

Fledgling Freddie
ML7 done, ml8 today at 15:00 CET, meet aerus
I won't be there, so Tictac and Shanessa will lead it, see u next week on ML9.

Placador

Fledgling Freddie
ML8 done, ML9 friday at 20:00 CET, meet aerus haven
Thx to Tictac for lead ML8

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
BigBlackClock said:
CLaiming items its just.....

dont like it - dont turn up.... so far the raid has been run excellently between shan / plac / tictac -and tbh i couldnt care less if they preclaimed some items - it is worth it to get through these ml's :)

Shannesa

Can't get enough of FH
the few items i have preclaimed on mls i been hold are a part of my clerics team plathe and those i can not bought in house zone

I have tryed to help Albs trow those mls to be kind to atthers on server .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom