Petition vs GOA

Would you want;

• Mythic to provide GOA with more funds to improve their systems and customer service.

Votes: 23 36.5%
  • Mythic to find a NEW host for EU daoc.

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • GOA to carry on as they are.

Votes: 14 22.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Pudzy said:
As I predicted, read up :x

You've done nothing but call me a child for 6months, I've done nothing but call you a radar supporter for 6months, what else you want since we dont know eachother?

Ye nice editing skills Pudzy!
And ofc i got no willing of knowing ya since u go on further in that behaviour ;)
Annoyed now /dismiss

Edit: at least i try with another language other than my mother 1, take the hint ^^ u could invest better your time.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Pudzy said:
the poll results are saying it all.
47 unhappy
13 happy

But your poll is not reflecting of ALL servers, just the one out of 14 with a problem, so the results are seriously flawed.

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Well, I must say Pudzy really isn't doing a good job of getting his views accross :)

Pudzy accusing of Chretien of lying so he can keep his rose tinted view of Mythic's service was enjoyable :)

imo GoA have been doing a fine job given the problems that can arise and obviously have arisen from working so closely with an American company. And no, this isn't an "omg Americans are stupid" comment, its based almost entirely on the different time zones the two companies are based in. GoA's office hours are almost over by the time Mythic's office hours begin!

It's been a few years since someone from GoA posted exactly what they can or can't do with the game but its obvious they can't or are not allowed to fix any problems without Mythic's help and work very closely with their American counterparts in fixing any bugs during the testing process.

Admittedly GoA being a french company might make them slightly off while running the english servers but an english company will have EXACTLY the same problems when it comes to testing new patches and fixing bugs on their own servers.

Well, I think thats enough ranting based on my crude understanding of what happenes Up There With Our Daoc Gods.

Carry on Pudzy! I'm sure you're enjoying yourself and thats the important thing.

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
Was editing it as you posted.

I dont wanna know you, you dont wanna know me, so fuck off. :)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Pudzy said:
Was editing it as you posted.

I dont wanna know you, you dont wanna know me, so fuck off. :)

Be my guest and farewell u too :touch:

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
Amanita said:
Carry on Pudzy! I'm sure you're enjoying yourself and thats the important thing.

Decent post almost, you actually had a decent defence. And no I'm not enjoying anything :s

and the pure reason I posted this in prydwen, is because I wanted to know what prydwen thought of it since they had it the worst - this petition isnt being sent to GOA or Mythic since it wont do anythign anyways, its purely to give Prydwen players the chance to express their opinions on recent occurrences and in the general long term.

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Pudzy said:
Oh my that hasnt been used before.

So gona stay here making silly comments that really arent tiggling me, or you gona come on irc, and really have a go at me, thug? :(

ha, u dont get it, I'm at work atm so cant use IRC (dont use that epeen chat channel anyways) and yes i do know all about ur Hib/prydwen pve & sitting in ligen days, and i do know what guild u were in... i just set a little trap and u jumped in two legs 1st......

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
Jupiter said:
ha, u dont get it, I'm at work atm so cant use IRC (dont use that epeen chat channel anyways) and yes i do know all about ur Hib/prydwen pve & sitting in ligen days, and i do know what guild u were in... i just set a little trap and u jumped in two legs 1st......

My sitting in Ligen days? 0o

All I did in hib was farm my artis, then rvr on my NS till I quit.

But I guess thats another of your epeenwannabe 'traps'?

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Pudzy said:
Decent post almost, you actually had a decent defence. And no I'm not enjoying anything :s

Then maybe you should look deep down into yourself and decide just why you're carrying on the silly argument thats drowning out the purpose of your own thread "to give Prydwen players the chance to express their opinions on recent occurrences and in the general long term."

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
GOA rent the lience to sell and run DAOC to european market. In this respect they can be classed as a customer to Mythic in the fact they pay Mytic for the licence the server code and the database code. In respec to Option A its highly unlikely that Mythic will "give GoA money" since GoA pay them money to have the sole rights to run the service.

In regards to Right Now it realy depends on can depend on certain situations. For instance if during the last few days the server has been quiet no big ML raids for example the Right now que maybe rather small and your question is likely to get answered relitively quickly. However if say some Bug has appeared in Hiberna's ML8 raid the Rightnow que is gonna full of preople complaining about this and your queary is gonna be stuck in the back log. So its all realy down to timeing most of the complaints i've logged were delt with fairly quickly though. However I don't think the application of Right Now is perticually good (can take a while, especially for people with basic english to find the right page to sign up on) which leads to frustration.

The database problem is also more likely to be a Mythic problem than a GoA one since they were the ones that coded it, and they probably took the right course of action in re-opening the servers as soon as they could. Then let people report any item losses etc. Which would be a quicker method then back checking each account and keeping the server down for another 2-3 weeks.

Also I doupt getting another service provider to replace GoA would make any real difference. Basicly GoA provide the same service at Mythic but at a reduced cost, (since they have to pay for the licience to run it Mythic ofc own the licence) they will have less revenue to employ staff. Another company will be in the same boat as GoA. Running the same softwear and haveing to provide a simular service to Mythic at a lower cost.

Ovi1

Fledgling Freddie
Garok said:
stuff ...

Agree with what Garok said. GoA are doing as well as anyone can do. The only way to make a difference would be if Mythic ran their own Eu servers (Which I believe they have hinted at for Warhammer?), and they probably can't do that with DAoC since it too involved and has been running too long. Even if they did the changeover would be a nightmare.

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
Amanita said:
Then maybe you should look deep down into yourself and decide just why you're carrying on the silly argument thats drowning out the purpose of your own thread "to give Prydwen players the chance to express their opinions on recent occurrences and in the general long term."

You replied, you expressed. Read what they posted I wasnt flaming first. No problems.

Good stuff Garok.

That would rock for EU daoc Ovi

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Take a chill pill.

Also, cut out some of the xenophobic remarks please.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom